Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Newbie Helper Club
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karleigh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bid accepted, enjoy the dog. Smile
Tribbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=( No one wants to even try for the AE corgi?
Karleigh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been really slow Tribb. I have only had 2 bids on the animals in the past week.
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because people don't want sterile animals....pitty that they don't they are still good
frostys queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well....when we are TRYING to help in small ways even a sterile animal to a new person is very helpful for prestige....you know the old saying....beggares can't be choosers...well....it comes back down to the point jt's mom made....a bit of help is alright but the MAJORITY of us had to make our money and get out animals ...good, bad or fantastic the hard way and train them ourselves....a sterile animal is simply to me like a door prize...just a bit of an effort to make being new not so hard.
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I said it was a pitty if thats the reason because they are still good
Paradise Catahoula

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i am very new here (about 2 minutes) and at the rodent cage. i accidently bid 500 on animal of yours, sorry. can i have an animal. and when i get one were can see it?
Tribbler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a bid accepted, the animal will go right to the Rodent cage =)
[or say you get up some, and get ants, bid on an ant, when the bid is accepted, the animal will be sent straight to the pen -same with buying-]

Feel free to bid on any of my Rats They have
Tribblers NHC Donate Rat (then a number)

=)
redrusty66

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Donation Ants Reply with quote

Here are 3 sterile donation Ants for newcomers
To help you with presitge and will be good show ants until the retire to florida.

Green JackJumper
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=284175

Crinson Royal Pennant
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=309393

Orange Pharoah
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=284822
redrusty66

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leopardstorm wrote:
I know I said it was a pitty if thats the reason because they are still good

I agree, a sterile animal will still be a good show animal for its life, and can help. I am pretty staunch about the issue, we spend alot of RL money to make these animals, we aren't going to risk them getting out and being overbred. Anyone who wouldn't buy a sterile animal of a rare breed(a sin not many in the game) isn't really here to play this game as it should be played. And if they won't take a FREE ONE??? The thye really aren't very bright or do not know how this game is played..one or the other.

R.
Fen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullo! I, uhm, signed up for an account a couple of days ago, but I haven't had much time to look around, and I must admit I'm sort've confused. o: (I'm trying to work on that bit, though!)

I built my rodent cage and rescued a pair of rats--I hope that was an okay idea?--but, I would also be interested in an animal if you have any to spare and wouldn't mind. And all. Erm, I hope I am not sounding too terribly ignortant and newbish or anything. x.x;

But, uh--yeah! :thumbs-up: =D

ah ha ha i'm awkward
Angelicious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fen wrote:
Hullo! I, uhm, signed up for an account a couple of days ago, but I haven't had much time to look around, and I must admit I'm sort've confused. o: (I'm trying to work on that bit, though!)

I built my rodent cage and rescued a pair of rats--I hope that was an okay idea?--but, I would also be interested in an animal if you have any to spare and wouldn't mind. And all. Erm, I hope I am not sounding too terribly ignortant and newbish or anything. x.x;

But, uh--yeah! :thumbs-up: =D

ah ha ha i'm awkward

I can't really help you since I'm broke and it's not my thread, but you're the least newbish-sounding newb I've seen yet ^^
Karleigh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone that has posted, Im sorry I havent answerd you yet I was at a horse show for the past 5 days and forgot to tell anyone that I wasnt going to be here.

Paradise Catahoula- I will look at the animal that you bid on, if its a sterile animal that you have a cage for then of course you can have it. I will accept the bid then send you your money back in a trade. When the bid is accepted the animal with immediately be transferred into your cage.

Thank your Tribbler and redrusty66 for your help and donations.

Fen- Take a look on the first page or through my farm. Any sterile animal is up for adoption. You can only recieve animals that you have a cage for. So if you only have a rodent cage you can only get rodents. Yes rescuing (sp) your free rats was a very good idea. You should get all of your free rescue animals it will help with your prestige alot.
Fen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angelicious wrote:
I can't really help you since I'm broke and it's not my thread, but you're the least newbish-sounding newb I've seen yet ^^

Au~ Thank you very much, Angelicious! ;w;

Karleigh wrote:
Fen- Take a look on the first page or through my farm. Any sterile animal is up for adoption. You can only recieve animals that you have a cage for. So if you only have a rodent cage you can only get rodents. Yes rescuing (sp) your free rats was a very good idea. You should get all of your free rescue animals it will help with your prestige alot.

Okay, I gotcha. Thank you so much for the advice, Karleigh, as well as running this club! =)

Ah, I hope it's not terribly inappropriate to ask a few more questions in this thread. I was wondering whether I should be seeking animals with trained stats or those with a higher breed/color rarirty, one over the other? (And perhaps if so, why?) I'm also a little confused on what I should be doing with my exams. After perusing the forums a bit, I was under the impression I should be training stats for events--but my prestige isn't high enough to balance the cost and I was losing money. Should I be training, or something else with my examinations? Train some animals and let others, erm, sit there? Also, is it bad to run your exams one right after another?

Eee~ I haven't even really looked into events or breeding yet. D:

Ah, sorry for all of the questions. x.x; I have played sim games before, but it's been quite a while since I did so seriously, and they were set up in a different fashion. I'm used to starting off with a small number of animals and working my way up from there, but that doesn't seem as much as an option in this game. =)

Budum, I'll look through the critters up for adoption, and bid on one or two if it's alright--oh! Will an animal from a more expensive cage (I.E. a dog as opposed to a mouse) fetch more prestige/playcash/anything than an animal with similar stats/rarity from a smaller cage? (Nag nag nag, s'all I do. xD;)

And I hope you had a good time at the horse show, Karleigh! =)

Edit: Eep! Longpost is looong. Surry! o.o
milon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fen wrote:

Ah, I hope it's not terribly inappropriate to ask a few more questions in this thread. I was wondering whether I should be seeking animals with trained stats or those with a higher breed/color rarirty, one over the other? (And perhaps if so, why?) I'm also a little confused on what I should be doing with my exams. After perusing the forums a bit, I was under the impression I should be training stats for events--but my prestige isn't high enough to balance the cost and I was losing money. Should I be training, or something else with my examinations? Train some animals and let others, erm, sit there? Also, is it bad to run your exams one right after another?

You dont have to but it cuts down on training I s'pose. I personally dont care becuase I enjoy training and since I make profit then its all good, though training does take time and quite a few exams its satisfying to see your first inco stat on an animal =P But its all personal preference. I do assume that if you buy trained animals that makes less work for you but you can enter shows with a higer % of winning some money. I guess the more trained your animal is then the higher chances you get of winning prizes in events.

Breed and rarity- I like to buy the more rarer/uncommon animals. Like I have a majority of my animals are Endangered and Im happy with that. Some people like all animals and some people only pursue certain species or colors etc. Again its personal preference.
Why, me personally becuase I like to look at my farm and say' look at all the great animals I have! Horrah for me!!' I dont know why.. we all have standards it seems and thats what we go by. I guess.

Exams- You need to go search for a how to train guide, >>An Excellent one by Silvery_Pheonix HERE<<
So for every exam you use you train you animal a bit. It takes a certain amount of exams to get one stat raised. And roughly about 300 to get one to incoceivable. Everyone says to start with agility first, so that speeds up training the rest of the stats. Just a tip I s'pose. Also if you breed any animals, which Im sure that you will you need to take exams to birth it and check the status of time remaining until birth.

Also to raise prestige, you need to get as many animals as you can possibly get. If you go to Rescues you'll see the list of animals you can rescue. The ones that still look like this -(example)
Cat(domestic) housed in cat bed(free rescue of one male and female) that means you can still rescue that animal,even if it says above that you dont have any rescues left. I just found that out. Rescues are good, sometimes you get a great animal;once I got a White peafowl which is Endangered, which was awesome and very lucky xD
The higher your prestige the more money you'll make on exams. You can also go to the marketplace and buy animals. Even if they are an overpopulated breed or color they still boost prestige.

I dont think its bad to run your exams one into another.. I do it all the time Embarassed only becuase Im impatient and they take forever to process so I just keep clicking the exam button.

Fen wrote:
Eee~ I haven't even really looked into events or breeding yet. D:

Ah, sorry for all of the questions. x.x; I have played sim games before, but it's been quite a while since I did so seriously, and they were set up in a different fashion. I'm used to starting off with a small number of animals and working my way up from there, but that doesn't seem as much as an option in this game. =)

Budum, I'll look through the critters up for adoption, and bid on one or two if it's alright--oh! Will an animal from a more expensive cage (I.E. a dog as opposed to a mouse) fetch more prestige/playcash/anything than an animal with similar stats/rarity from a smaller cage? (Nag nag nag, s'all I do. xD;)

And I hope you had a good time at the horse show, Karleigh! =)

Edit: Eep! Longpost is looong. Surry! o.o

Im not really positive about that question. I dont think so.. but I could be wrong. I havent been playing that long either so I still have alot to learn. But I sure hope I helped you somewhat, sometimes Im pretty confusing I guess.

lol, this is my first sim game, its quite enjoyable at that Wink
No need to be sorry about long posts- I do the same, though maybe its becuase I attend RPG's actively *shrugs* no clue.

-Kat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contributions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: