Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Looking for Input.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about my idea?
Good idea.
94%
 94%  [ 16 ]
Bad idea.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No Comment.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Karleigh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Looking for Input. Reply with quote

When I first joined Vp there was a group of people that helped me out. They provided me with a (steralized) dog that was fully trained and a proven show animal. Also they offered a help page and they would answer any questions I had that wasnt already on the help page.

Now I know Bezz is already helping people that are in negative money. But I was thinking about taking it one step further. I was thinking about starting a group like the one that helped me out on Vp.

Im looking for input from other players? Would it be worth my time to start something like this?

If I get a positive response for this idea, I will be looking for others who would like to help out.

But at this moment I would just like to know what everyone thinks about my idea.

Yay or Nay?
Tribbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for helping..
Karleigh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tribbler. If I get enough support I will be in touch.
Rio Saris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more than willing to lend a helping hand or two. ^_^
Tribbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD My mom would probably be up for helping to Rolling Eyes I'd just have to whine and she would XD (she's Irishnut)
Char

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to help....Except...not wuite understanding,what would we do?
Karleigh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well eventually I would like to be able to help out new players by giving them an animal for cheap or free. Perhaps a better animal (not a.e or anything but better then over.) that is trained up fairly well, has a good show record or will do well in events, and is sterilized.

The goal is to help out beginner players. Buy helping them get some money (with a good show animal), and helping them with their questions. Maybe making some more recent starter guides, training guides and showing guides.

Its still in the idea stage, I would be open to any and all suggestions and input.
Char

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karleigh wrote:
Well eventually I would like to be able to help out new players by giving them an animal for cheap or free. Perhaps a better animal (not a.e or anything but better then over.) that is trained up fairly well, has a good show record or will do well in events, and is sterilized.

The goal is to help out beginner players. Buy helping them get some money (with a good show animal), and helping them with their questions. Maybe making some more recent starter guides, training guides and showing guides.

Its still in the idea stage, I would be open to any and all suggestions and input.

Cool.Well it would have to be a rodent .....?
And I have lots of tips.After/if you do decide to do this. Wink
Karleigh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it would have to be a rodent, since we would only be helping beginners.
Bezzella

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

** raises hand ** I will make the club page and donate tons of animals!! Can I be the club homepage? I would make a layout and advertise and contact people who need help. The other people in the club could like donate rodents who have nice colors/varitations/details so I could maybe train them? Also, would we have to make them sterilized?
Karleigh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezz thats exactely what I had in mind. We could make club page advertising what we do. Plus we could have *updated* starter guides, showing guides, auction guides, and training guides.

We would need donated rodents that had decent stats, and that could also do fair in events. I would like to give out only sterilized animals because I dont want to market to be flooded with bad breedings.

The rodents could come trained or we could train them. We dont need them trained to 5X inco. but maybe around V. good to Ex.Good. Then if they want the animals trained up more they can follow our training guides.

I see alot of people volunteering to help, does that mean that we should go ahead and start this?
Char

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea.....I think we should.

I have a suggestion about the rodents.
We should make a list of the "donated" rodents,and every new player can choose from the list.....?But in order to recieve that rodent,she/he should make list of the events he/she entered and the promise not to sell.
They should be like foundations,or rather a starting and original/always kept animal.....Or am I on a limb here?
And also to be the first animal they learn how to train.Almost like that rodent would be their experiment.For training,eventing,etc.

And would this be in the contributions section?
Tribbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could Easily Breed up some Dumbo Rats to Contribute Rolling Eyes

I dunno.. I actually started a Forum XD
For the "Helping SBF newbies"

I wanna post the link.. but am I allowed?
Its not -nefs- site persay, but it is for Sand Box farm.. is that allowed? Question
Karleigh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of letting them choose their rodent. That way it is fair and they cant say we are favouring a player by giving them a better animal.

Yes about the list of shows. But to help them make money we should tell them what shows the animal will do best in. So that they have a chance of winning.

I think one of the rules should be that they must keep the animal and if can no longer keep it that they should message one of us to give the animal back.

And Char I like the idea of the animal being their "experiment". We could train them up enough to stand a chance in events and they can practise training and eventing on the animal. It could be a learning experience.

I dont know if this would be contributions or help. Because all the new players immeadiately go to the help section (or should). We should ask one of the site admins.

Last edited by Karleigh on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tribbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. Karleigh.. I'm sending you a pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: