Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

"Guess My Name" Threads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterling

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxx forget it...i said something stupid.

Last edited by Sterling on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
iluvbuilding429

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creepy^^ you actually want to meet people you don't know from SBF? that's strange. what if they're like 10 years older than you?
I_Like_Meerkats

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl at egg
I_Like_Meerkats

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_Like_Meerkats

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!
iluvbuilding429

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what won't work?
I_Like_Meerkats

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The egg picture made by me it like

ya
found
it
ya
keep
it

except thats on the egg
iluvbuilding429

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ok. let my stop typing. my cat keeps licking me! Laughing
Nathallie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I agree, but disagree. you see it may be super safe, but the people end up doing it themselves, and if they realized the dangers of what they did, they could just delete the post....But I understand
zo1018

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: "Guess My Name" Threads Reply with quote

Kholran wrote:
NoahBoah wrote:
Can we ask personall info 2 ?

Absolutely not. You may not ask for any personal info about any player, and players should be smart enough not to give it out.
I Like Animals

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iluvbuilding429 wrote:
Some people are just too immature to understand the dangers of it, I guess.
??? Question Question Question Question
Heather

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: "Guess My Name" Threads Reply with quote

Fire Opal wrote:
Lil*Angel wrote:
Kholran wrote:
NoahBoah wrote:
Can we ask personall info 2 ?

Absolutely not. You may not ask for any personal info about any player, and players should be smart enough not to give it out.

Your right. Players should be smart enough. I saw this person giving out personal info. and I told her to stop givin it out or she`ll be baned but she said she didn`t care.

Wow, that's sad. Lots of bad things can happen from simply posting a picture of yourself!
there person was insane!!!
Horse_Lover333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Ya... Reply with quote

Yup, very dangerous, if you give out even your name, people can track you down just by that plus your pic can be tracked down to your computer's IP address in which is located in your home and someone can come kidnap you.
NeverwinterCC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum.

I have given out loads of personal information before, I don't really think it's immature to tell people your name. It's not that dangerous, really. A relationship online is based entirely on trust, and if you don't trust a person with your personal information, and feel the least bit cautious, you should not tell them anything. If you already have, tell them no more until you feel that you can 100% trust them.

Alot of people my age tend to throw out information to anyone, anytime, just becasue. This is extermly hazardous. The most you should tell someone who you never met before online is your gender, and only if they tell you theirs first. you don't know who they are, where they live, and what the yare doing where they are. Things like first names come much later on, and for a long time the person should only know your age and gender at most.

For the first eight months, you should watch them carefully. If they change their stories more than once, don't believe them. I got in trouble with that once when i didn't follow it, and it turned out the person was a huge fake and the faker had all this information about me i did not intend for her to have, and would always call me by my name. I eventualy blocked her permanately everywhere I could. I had only know her fake for four months before that happened. This is the main golden rule, and things like that happen if you don't listen. A person can't fake and keep their story straight for much longer than eight months. Another thing you should look at is pictures, if they show you them, that don't seem to age. If the person doens't seem to change at all, something's up. It may not be them.

-sigh- That's my rules on personal info. You should always watch out for signs that something's wrong, and if a person is acting odd, don't trust them at all. If a person's story isn't striaght, don't trust them. There are hundreds of internet predators, and most prey on people who arn't experianced on the internet and can't see the tell-tale signs. Also, if you question them and they don't answer within a minute without telling you anything about it, or talking to someone else, don't trust what they say. They may be looking for something to fit in just right. You don't know that.

Luckily, on here it's banned to tell anything, so you don't need to be worried, and shouldn't do anything at all. But those usual apply for me anywhere else where it isnt. I've been hunting the internet since 2004. It's only immature if you go about doing it blindly. Until you've known a person for at least a year, you shouldn't tell them 'hai mi name ez sam i'm 34 I have 3 sis i live 333 livingsburg ave georgia an i work at burger king my # is 888-888-8888.' It just doens't work that way, and it's incredibly stupid to even tell people most of that even if you have. I've seen kids giving an entire chatroom full of hundreds of people their phonenumber. One even got called by one of the lurkers.

Long reply ftw! If anyone cares to read that, you get a virtual cookie.
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that you CAN'T trust anyone. Some predators are VERY good liars, and can very VERY easily convince someone that they are a "13 year old girl" or whatever. They are VERY good at earning a person's trust, and getting information out of them, and VERY good at piecing that information together. All you need to give is your name and location, and someone who knows what they're doing can find you.

If the person is not a real-life friend of yours, you should NEVER EVER EVER give out info. You have NO way of knowing who is on the other side of that screen, EVER. Even if they have kept their story straight for eight months or a year or three years or whatever. You can NEVER be absolutely positively certain that the person is who they say they are, or that they truly mean you no harm. These people who prey on people across the internet are not stupid. They are some of the most intelligent and difficult to catch criminals out there. And there aren't just "hundreds". There are MILLIONS of them in the US alone.

It doesn't matter how long you've "known" someone online, or what photos they've shown you of "themselves". Never give them anything about you, never show them a photo of yourself, and NEVER agree to meet them in person. That's how people end up getting kidnapped or worse. And no, it's not just "careless people" who give everything out immediately. A name here, a photo there, accidentally revealing your city...all of that info can be pieced together by a predator, and that's all it takes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Games/Gaming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: