Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Selling Animals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tribbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Selling Animals Reply with quote

NAME THEM

Do not Put up Unnamed Animals for Sale...

I HATE BUYING THEM

And I Pay more for A Named animal Over a Unnamed animal
Cuz I HATE NAMEING

Do go by the Market Place, See what other are chargeing for the same COLOR AND VARIATION, and go to be the lowest, You'll be sure to sell!

Wanna add more? Just post Very Happy
Tribbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow
Silvery_Pheonix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to buy animals with show records, even if they aren't very good records...

that might just be me though... Rolling Eyes
Bezzella

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like unnamed animals better actually
Char

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

Last edited by Char on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tribbler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey you two... none of that now.

I hate unnamed, cuz then I have to think of a name.

And if you did not breed the animal, I honeslty do not think it's right to put your 'logo' or 'brand' O.o;
Just my thoughts Smile
but I go through and pay more for named animals myself.

Last edited by Tribbler on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask around, I think the vast majority of people would take an unnamed animal over a named one. I know I prefer unnamed, only because ones with names tend to have...well...really dumb ones. I'd rather name the animal what I want than have it come with something I don't. And if I buy an animal, I put my brand on the end instead of at the beginning.
Tribbler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I just dun honestly think it's right, but that is my opinion, You're talking to a big CZPKC fan XD
Kyani

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for unnamed. I prefer my names to other peoples (obvs). Also, I hate spending time thinking of names for animals I'm just going to sell anyway.
Tribbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Thats all fine and good...
I think a Breeder Button should be added, so if you click it, you go to Who bred the animal.

Since I breed my animals, I wont Sell one without Tribblers...
Since the Buyer will just... Put theris ar the End?
I dont think thats right..
for example, I got an unnamed animal from Frosty..
I named the animal:
Frostys Unnamed
Since I had no idea what to name O_O;
frostys queen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol..You should have said and I would have named it for you..I don't name things with "dumb" names. I think that most of the time animals that come from me probably are named unless I've bought them in the marketplace to train and sell. I ALWAYS name animals that I've made the breed of. It doesn't bother me otherwise if they come named or not. I'd rather go by the animal than what it's called any day unless the name is offensive.
Oh and next time I give you an animal...I'll make sure to name it first...lol Razz
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would bother me more to have someone (other than me) add MY brand to an animal than stick their own at the end. The point being that if I wanted my brand on the animal, I would have put it there myself, and it's no one else's right to put RV on an animal. Because then you get people three generations later putting RV in their animal's names because the parent had it, when it has no ties at all to my ranch. So yeah, leave my ranch brand OFF of animals that don't already come with it.
Tribbler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You missed my point that I made...

Oi-vey... No need a fight here now ^^; I'm just saying.. if Lets say
I bought an Animal from YOUR ranch, and you just say, forgot to name it... Without thinking, I would go find what you used for your brand, and I WOULD add it to the animals name, since it came from your cage/fram/ranch (whatever it's called XD lol
And that would be more so if both animals or the mom had your RV logo/brand on it..

These are just my thoughts.... Save the hassle, just name animals decently... Its not that hard XD and I hate thinking up names =b
Irishnut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone that has actually bred and shown animals, for example, when I was breeding dogs, the AKC stated on the registration page "the person that registers this dog has the right to name it" and that means that if you buy a dog and you are given the blue (registration) slip, you have the right to name it and are not required to put a prefix on the dog, but it is a common courtesy to do so, to give the breeder recognition, on sites such as this, because animals are not registered, it is more common to breed and name an animal and put your prefix on it, because more often than not a player will buy the animal and put "their" prefix on it and attempt to take credit for breeding the animal. I don't see a problem either way, it is just personal preference, for me I use no prefix when I rescue/create a foundation pair, but my prefix if I bred the animal from my own animals, if I jointly breed an animal and the other player and I decide on it that animal could get both prefixes (the owner of the female would be listed first) and that way, not only will a player know exactly where the animal came from, but some times a certain player will get so far in a game to be known for top quality, and players will look for their brand (in VHR II I have the problem of other players putting my brand on to try to sell more of their animals)

>> In closing, over all it is personal preference and neither should be criticized
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irishnut wrote:
As someone that has actually bred and shown animals, for example, when I was breeding dogs, the AKC stated on the registration page "the person that registers this dog has the right to name it" and that means that if you buy a dog and you are given the blue (registration) slip, you have the right to name it and are not required to put a prefix on the dog, but it is a common courtesy to do so, to give the breeder recognition, on sites such as this, because animals are not registered, it is more common to breed and name an animal and put your prefix on it, because more often than not a player will buy the animal and put "their" prefix on it and attempt to take credit for breeding the animal. I don't see a problem either way, it is just personal preference, for me I use no prefix when I rescue/create a foundation pair, but my prefix if I bred the animal from my own animals, if I jointly breed an animal and the other player and I decide on it that animal could get both prefixes (the owner of the female would be listed first) and that way, not only will a player know exactly where the animal came from, but some times a certain player will get so far in a game to be known for top quality, and players will look for their brand (in VHR II I have the problem of other players putting my brand on to try to sell more of their animals)

>> In closing, over all it is personal preference and neither should be criticized

I breed rl registered goats and in adga(American Dairy Goat Association) It is a rule that you have the breeders prefix on the name(which is generally your farm name or if you dont have a farm name your 3 initials).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contributions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: