Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Baseball!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ada Russel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Baseball! Reply with quote

I LOVE BASEBALL! Wooo! I watch it everynight (when its on) so I'm upset its STILL out for the winter! Now, Very Happy TIGERS Very Happy are my favorite team! My HOME team too! Yes they are the team that was the worst in both leagues two years ago. And yes, they are the team that got too the world series! Lost it, but its a maricle they beat the Evil or Very Mad YANKEES Evil or Very Mad (DON'T LIKE THEM) and the A's. underdog year I guess. I went to a game this year where, we got 14 runs in ONE inning! Even a grand slam in there! Anyway, the reason for this is for you to post your favorite team, and your home team(s). Please do so!
Mystie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD You seem committed to the sport! We don't have it over here but when i ws in America we got given free tickets in the booth section things to a game with the Giants. I guess i would support them if i did support a team Smile They won! Wink
Ada Russel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coool! Giants...... What state were you in? Just wondering, what country to you live in? I don't play it, but I love to watch it! I am glad they won! I like the Giants
Mystie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in England and i was in California (go there twice a year - my mums from there)
Ada Russel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coool. I have never been to California. I like England. It is on my TOP TEN COUNTRIES TO VISIT. I also have France, Greece etc... Who were they playing against? (If you can remember)
penguin899

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow your sooo lucky i would LOVE to live in England, it, as the other people said, is definalty on my top ten list. I went there as a christmas present from my Grandparents, and it was beautiful, and great shopping, and everything! haha! I went to France too, but i liked england better.

As for baseball i have never watched it. I went to a game, but it was like minor league..actually i dont no what it was (it wasnt school, it was grown men) I would definitley love to go to a baseball game because i seems like it would be a great experience, and loads of fun. I love going to other games like basketball, football, tennis, soccer, and hockey, so i would love it if i added a little baseball to the list!
piaffe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

England is an ok place to live - the south's too hot in the summer and the north's too darn wet I miss the driest part of the country am fed up with getting soaked on the way to lectures Sad

I dont think I'd swap it to live anywhere else though. I love the countryside very pastoral - and the food! there's nothing lke proper english food - fish n chips, roast beef and yorkshire pudding, spotted dick, trifle, shepherd's pie, curry... I miss my mum's cooking Sad

We dont have baseball here - in schools we have rounders which I think is kinda similar. I used to love rounders until school built on the field and we could only play inside - its just not the same with a tennis ball. And now I'm at uni no more rounders ever! unless I have to take a PE lesson when I'm teaching!
Ada Russel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeeee. I don't want to get wet! I love English food Wink , but no baseball Shocked The thought! With a tennis ball? Isn't that Kinda odd?

Do you know whats weired? I am SO into baseball, but I detest Football!
Æ Red Sunset

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope never seen a game.

a freind from America came and stayed with us. we "tried" to show him how cricket works but no way in the world could he understand it.
Mystie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can't remember who they were against Razz it was like 4 years ago! xD

I love England it's so cool Very Happy But it isn't a rainy country (in London), we've only just gotten out of a drought! xD But yeh:

Reasons why London is great (random order)

1. Shopping! I went to Oxford street Saturday and am going again in like a week - it's fun! It's got lots of expensive + cheap stores (good mix Very Happy) + Were one of the fashion capitals of the world.
2. Fish and Chips - who doesn't love 'em?
3. So much to do
4. Loads of cool History to it
5. A mixture between cool cities and contryside
6. Were an island.. xD
7. Were holding Olympics 2012
8. The tube!
9. Yeah.. i just got back from school - my brain is dead. -.-

But yeh - come see it! Very Happy I've lived here all my life and love it Wink
Mystie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

piaffe wrote:
England is an ok place to live - the south's too hot in the summer and the north's too darn wet I miss the driest part of the country am fed up with getting soaked on the way to lectures Sad

I dont think I'd swap it to live anywhere else though. I love the countryside very pastoral - and the food! there's nothing lke proper english food - fish n chips, roast beef and yorkshire pudding, spotted dick, trifle, shepherd's pie, curry... I miss my mum's cooking Sad

We dont have baseball here - in schools we have rounders which I think is kinda similar. I used to love rounders until school built on the field and we could only play inside - its just not the same with a tennis ball. And now I'm at uni no more rounders ever! unless I have to take a PE lesson when I'm teaching!

Where about's do you live in England? Yey, go rounders! xD I love it and the sports field entrance (we have to run to it) is next to my house and the actual field is next to the park.. my dog has several times run into our games from the park Laughing I'm on the team Very Happy Well, we can only do it in summer terms.
piaffe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durham though I'm from Essex, moved up here for uni. I miss being close to London , newcastle just isnt the same - Covent garden was my fav haunt. I love Durham though its the perfect size with loads of history (I show people round the castle in the hols) and is 2 minutes from the middle of nowhere and 20 mins from the centre of newcastle and the metro centre yee shops.
Mystie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, my sister is in a debate in Durham and if she doesn't get into Oxford, she wants to go there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: