Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

1st chapter FINISHED! Looking for feedback/Title sugestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassy7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: 1st chapter FINISHED! Looking for feedback/Title sugestions Reply with quote

I wrote this story
but never finished because i thought i was doing TERRIBLE
so i finally decided, if i want a true opinion i might as well go on SBF Now
MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE YOUR OPINION (i dont care what you say, i've heard it all)
here is a true story about a chicken
this is the first chapter,

Chapter 1: A Scary Surprize

It was a warm summer morning. I was up and chowing down on some Organix Flax(dont laugh) with some home grown fruits in it. My mom had gotten up a while ago. My brother was outside exploring instead of eating. as i finished my cereal, my mom called to me. i set my bowl on the counter and walked out into a cool breeze on the porch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(new paragraph)
"Casandra! Come out here and get rid of these eggs, i know how much you love to throw them!" my mom yelled.
"O.K!" I screamed back.
i went into the mudroom and put on my dark blue, worn down Crocs on. As i opened the door a gust of wind hit me, and the sun slid across my face.
"It sure is a beautiful day out today, isnt it?" I thought to myself.
As I ran down to the chicken coop, where my mom was i slipped on a lil'pebble and almost lost my balance and fell. I walked from there.All the roosters, hens, and guinea fowl came running up to me as i passed the stonewall my mom had made the year we moved in to our log cabin. (my fav part>)I saw my brother running happily threw the think ferns almost above his tiny head. When i got to the chicken coop i walked into the newest addition to our barn because thats where the hen was setting. I called to my mom and she came out the furthest end and handed me two eggs and said "Here the hen has been setting on these eggs for over twenty-one days."
"Alrighty then" i awnsered.
As i walked over to the discting rock i thought,"Should i whip, toss or gently throw the eggs?"
As i approched the rock i desided i would gently toss them. I set one egg next to the rock and kept the other. I backed away from the rock. I tossed it and when it hit the rock i heard a
"peep, peep!"
I looked at the chicken coop and figured it was a hen. As i got to the egg it was cracked badly but some how no yolk had spilled out yet. I grabbed the egg and very oddly it was quite solid.As i gazed at it, it wiggled and cherped. I then relized too my horror chick inside the egg!

Chapter 2: The Miracle Chick

I screamed and ran up to the chicken coop with both eggs. I told my mom what had happened. She grabbed both eggs and scrambled to put them back under the hen. For the rest of the day I paced and checked on the egg. At tweleve o'clock, my mom went out to check on him. When she came in she had a towl. I ran over and grabbed it up. I peeked in the towl and saw him!
He was completely black exept for half of one of his toes. He had feathered feet and his eyes, oh his eyes, they lookied like a night without a moon. My mom said,
"When I went out he was dead, but I managed to revive him."
I knew his frist twenty-four hours would be critikle, when most chicks die.
(will finish later, busy,busy)

Last edited by Cassy7 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I would have had a heart attack! Sounds good. I like the style; casual, humorous. Of course, the only thing I would suggest changing is grammar related (bit of a Grammar Nazi I am, hehe). But its really good! Keep it up!

Bratt Very Happy
Cassy7

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx Very Happy
should i post the second chapter?
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes very decent keep going
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Story Time All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: