Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Gather Your Herd (Not A Role Play!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Gather Your Herd (Not A Role Play!) Reply with quote

So I thought I'd add a little game on here, that wasn't a role play. Basically all you need to know is a few basic horse facts and how to work Google!

How to Play: To play the game, it's very simple. You pick a stallion, answer some trivia, and gather as many mares to make your herd bigger and bigger! When you answer a question correctly, something good happens to your herd (a foal is born, you find a new mare, etc.), but if you answer a question incorrectly then tragedy strikes (lose a mare to another stallion, a member of your herd dies, etc.). If your stallion dies, then your herd is disbanded and you have to start over! So good luck!

Rules:
*Only One Stallion.
*No Negative Attitudes.
*Let's be sportsmanlike!
*You may use Google or any other resource to answer these questions and trivia!
*Have Fun!

Stallions:
Your stallion is the most important piece! He watches over your herd and gathers more mares to make it grow! You must choose a stallion to begin a herd. The available stallions are below. More will be added as needed!

-----------------------------------------------------

Hints/Terms/And Anything Else:

Lead Mares- These mares are very rare, and you only come upon them ever once in a lucky while. A lead mare will help you at times and is an important playing chip. Sometimes if you get a question wrong, your Lead Mare can save your herd from something bad from happening!

Ranch Mares- These mares are rarer and more valuable to your herd. They are more likely to foal twins and healthy fillies/colts. But they also pose a problem. That is ranchers! If a rancher notices his mare is missing, he may cause problems to you in the future.

Foals- Foals are very troublesome creatures. Though they are cute and fun to have around, at times they pose problems. Especially colts. Beware of that. But also there are moments when they'll get out out of a sticky situation. It could go either way!

Bachelor Stallions- Beware of these pests. They are the most dangerous to your herd. One moment you've got five beautiful mares and then next only three! Having a lead mare can often times help with this problem.

Donkeys/Mules/Ponies- Every once in a while, your stallion may come upon a mare that is not exactly... well, let say, not like the others. Donkey and Pony mares are fertile and can produce foals, but Mules are not. However, every once in a while, your stallion may find himself in a situation where once of these can help him out, so don't be so quick to disappointment if you happen upon a donkey, mule or pony!

Bucks- Every time you answer a question correctly you gain bucks. You cannot loose bucks by answering a question incorrectly, but you can if you disobey the rules or I see fit to take some away. Bucks can be used to purchase things at the Market. Everyone starts with 100 Bucks.

Coyotes- You can buy a Coyote at the Market. What this does is very simple. You can use a Coyote against any other player. It causes that player to loose of of their mares, of your choice. It doesn't add a mare to your herd, but it does knock down your opponent's herd. A Coyote can only be used once!

(More will be added as needed!)

=============================================

The Market:
At times there are things you may want to buy in order to boost your herd. You can shop here! These items are exclusive and run out from time to time, being replaced with other things. What you need may not always be here, but maybe it will! Who knows? So take a look!

Lead Mare -> Rosy Only One in Stock! Price: 600 Bucks

Coyote Three in Stock! Price: 150 Bucks

Mystery Package Only Two in Stock! Price: 900 Bucks

Ranch Mares -> Sunny Price: 300 Bucks

Snowfall Price: 300 Bucks

Daisy Price: 300 Bucks

Orphaned Foal -> Nemo Only One in Stock! Price: 300 Bucks

===========================================

Herds:
Here is a record of who plays with what herd and who owns what mares!

Cowgirls Rule's Herd
Bucks- 150
Stallion- Zanzibar
Lead Mare-
Wild Mares-
Ranch Mares-
Foals-
Donkeys/Mules/Ponies-

Narcissa's Herd
Bucks- 1165
Stallion- Thunderbolt
Lead Mare- Lucy
Wild Mares- Lady & Snowflake , Sandy , Splash
Ranch Mares- Penny
Foals- Fire , Dew , Dandy
Donkeys/Mules/Ponies- Ginger , Jenny (Infertile)

*~Trent~*'s Herd
Bucks- 780
Stallion- Tornado
Lead Mare- Diana
Wild Mares- Blaze & River , Rue
Ranch Mares-
Foals-
Donkeys/Mules/Ponies-

SomebodyDude's Herd
Bucks- 350
Stallion- Troy
Lead Mare-
Wild Mares- Delilah , Gal
Ranch Mares-
Foals-
Donkeys/Mules/Ponies-

Vitani's Herd
Bucks- 1390 (One Coyote in Inventory)
Stallion- Huricane
Lead Mare-
Wild Mares- Prayer
Ranch Mares-
Foals- Zani , Prissy
Donkeys/Mules/Ponies- Gal

Trinity's Herd
Bucks- 385
Stallion- Brute
Lead Mare-
Wild Mares-
Ranch Mares- Blackie , Pitter
Foals- Lucy
Donkeys/Mules/Ponies-

===========================================

Questions:
Answer these for a chance to earn credits! The level of difficulty for each question can be determined by their worth in Bucks.

[Don't have time to put more up now. Will do tomorrow if I can!]

Last edited by Bratterratt on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 74 times in total
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna join! could i get Bear?
Narcissa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Oos and Awes* Can I have Thunderbolt, please?
firebird!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Stormy! -wishes his name was Driftwood- xD
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Tornado.

So basically, once our stallions dies we lose the game?

The credit idea isn't very original.

Can we have multiple stallions at once? Or is that not fair. The mares/coyotes can still be divided to only be used by a certain horse. Like is I had two horses, Could I earn different sets of credits for each horse?
Ex:
Tornado - Played By Trent
Credits Earned- X
Mares in Herd- X
Foals- X
Coyotes- X

Diablo - Played By Trent
Credits Earned- X
Mares in Herd- X
Foals- X
Coyotes- X

Are we each asked an individual question (one question per horse every round I assume?) or are we asked as a group and whoever gets to it first wins?
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, Ok, so I'll put your names by your stallions.

The credit idea may not be original, but I don't have any others. If you can think of something better, I'd sure be glad to hear about it.

Only one stallion per player, sorry!

As for the questions, this is how it will work: At the bottom of the first page there will always be a series of questions and trivia worth a different amount of credits. If you know an answer to a question, you post something like, "The answer for number three is Pasture!". Whoever answers the question first gets the credits, and the question is replaced with a new one. I would like to ask that you try and not hog all the questions, and be sportsman like amongst each other. Just sayin'...
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credits have been changed to Bucks! Just so you know!
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Troy!
Can I answer these...........? Hope so...

#1- Walk, Gallop, Canter, Trot
#2- Racking horse......?
#3- The joint between the gaskin and the cannon bone in the rear leg.
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to ask that you try and not hog all the questions,

dude, really? She just said not to be a hog...
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't call me dude Thank You very much. Confused I am a girl, yes my Username may say that, but I accually wanted it to say SomebodyDudett but apperently that was already taken when I joined.

I am sorry I did not see that. I was up trying to get through all the RP's in ten minutes at four am So that people wouldn't be asking where I am and why am I not posting Yada Yada Yada. This was the last RP I got to and I skimmed most of it so I could get off the computer so I could leave to go to my accual life. Confused Agian sorry but I have about twenty minutes a day lately to get on check this and all the rest of anything I need to be on.

We all make mistakes.

If you want to continue this just PM me so that we don't clutter Bratt's board. If you do post here I guarrennte you I will not reply to it.
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't call you dude because of your username. When I am in shock at someones actions that had recently been outlawed, I say "Duuuude, really?" Your Welcome.
Vitani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, oooh, I wanna play! This looks like lots of fun Bratt, great idea Very Happy

But awww....Only poor old Hurricane left Sad Darn. Any chance of a younger stallion?

If not, thats fine.

When our stallion dies, the herd disbands.....But can we keep the bucks earned, to buy new mares etc, or do we have to start absolutely from scratch again?

Does the whole herd disband?
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all: Please guys, don't clutter up this thread. It's annoying and no helpful.

Secondly: Since I haven't had the chance to add any new Stally's I'll reduce Hurricane's age for ya Tani. Wink

Thirdly: When your stallion dies, the ENTIRE herd is disbanded, everything is gone. But you do get to keep your bucks, which you may use to buy more mares if you wish.

I'll update more questions, and everyone... PLEASE, take one or so questions unless I'm in a good mood and post like, 10 up there or something! Ok? Good. Let's get this going again.

[Bucks have been added to your account SD, but you got #2 incorrect so it's still up there!]
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with the bucks, SD, you also get another reward for answering the questions correctly...

"Troy was wandering down by the creek bed when it happened. There she was, up ahead. A gorgeous light dun mare, drinking from the cool water. He nickered inviting to her, and luckily, she accepted his presence, making the first mare to his herd!"
firebird!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3. Clydesdale, (coldblood); Thoroughbred, (hotblood); Lippizaner, (warmblood).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Games/Gaming All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: