Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Uggggg...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vitani

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Uggggg... Reply with quote

I'm feeling pretty lousy...Got a bad dose of the 'flu that I can't seem to shake....

Just wondering if any of you have any hints or tips on how to get over it faster/make life easier?

I'm not online much so I apologise if I don't respond right away....I feel like death warmed up...Can't breathe, my chest aches, my breath rattles and wheezes, can't stop blowing my nose, can't smell or taste anything, throat like I swallowed a cactus, bouts of being boiling hot then shaking uncontrollably....

Not even a cookie cheered me up Sad

Still can't stop me SBF'ing though Smile
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWWWW!!! Poor Tani!!!! Sad

(((((hugs)))))

All I can say is for a stomack problems eat lot's of chicken noodle soup and broth of any sorts.

For a sore throat my favorite is to drink Jello water. Mix up the Jello like you usually would and chill half of it [for regular Jello later on Mr. Green ] and drink the other half. It taste good and your throat won't hurt when you drink it. Wink It also will give you more energy and help you feel a little better.

Try Vicks sav for you clogged sinusis you could also try some medicine for it too.

Have you ever tried a Nettie pot? If you haven't they work quite well to clear your nose, but it does sometimes feel like your drounding, lol. Not really but it does to me but that may be because I never could hold my breath. Look them up, they are normally at your local Walgreens and I *think* at Wal-mart, Wally-World, Whatever you want to call it lol Smile

I hope these help a bit! Get better bud! Very Happy Wink Cool

**SD**
KaylaBlue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

I'm sorry, Tani... My thoughts are with you, helping you get better.

The only thing that I can suggest at this point is to take a shower. It helps you no matter what, and can get rid of that icky "cold" feeling.

Kayla
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that stinks. I hate being sick, too. My suggestion for the sore throat (my arch-enemy!) is to eat something. I've found that drinking does nothing but make it worse for me, while eating somehow helps a bit. With breathing, I would take a few puffs of an asthma nebulizer. Of course I would have that on hand 'cause I have asthma, but I'm not sure if you can do that.

I hope you get well soon!
Cocodri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww poor Tani.

If you like hot tea add some honey - that helps with the throat. Settles the tum a bit, too, especailly if you have some sort of mint tea.

Sleep. Drink lotsa fluids.

***hugs***
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*huggles*

i belive i am immune to stomach bugs because when i was little i got the rhoto virus twice and your only supposed to get it once in your life, but the best thing that helped me wassipping some apple juice,eating yogurt, and popcicles. For teh sinuses i would sugest sitting straight up, it seems to unclog the nose, and if your trying to sleep prop yourself up with a extra pillow or such.
Vitani

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww...Thanks guys Smile

I'm glad I can cyber hug you all...No risk of passing on my germies Smile *huggles*

I very rarely get sick...And never like this so I feel pretty miserable....I just want to crawl into bed and sleep for a week...

Which I can't do because I can't go to bed anymore >.< Have had to sleep in a chair for months now because (as bizarre as it sounds) I get too hot around my face and neck, even with no blankets....So I have to sleep upright to try and minimize the heat build up. I'm a walking disaster, honestly...

Being upright is doing nothing for my sinuses either >.< Breathing through the mouth is so unattractive and somewhat problematic for eating, brushing my teeth, etc etc....And then theres the cough...

I'm coughing so much and so hard that I end up doubled over each time it hits me...Feel like I'm coughing up a lung, jeeze....And the ache in my ribs and back...Been living on Robitussen (nasty! Shocked ) and Strepsils, neither of which is doing any good...

Warm lemon/honey drinks aren't helping either...Thats usually my first line of defense...But everything tastes sickly sweet and so taking honey, even though it coats my throat, is making me retch right now which starts the coughing...And completely backfires any gain from it....

I don't have a nebulizer...But inhaling steam helps a tiny bit....But then sets my face off and I feel itchy and grotty so I can't win on that score either. I'm trying to just suck it up and get on with it because at least I can breathe for ten minutes afterwards but..Ugh...

Warm showers are nice....Because everything aches and it relaxes the muscles...But the nice feeling only lasts for as long as I'm in there...Soon as I get out I start shivering like its -10 even though the house is lovely and warm...

Whats a nettie pot?

Sorry for the big rambly grizzle guys.....I'm just feeling so pleh....Sometimes moaning about it helps, lol Rolling Eyes

Can't sleep....So I'm trying to be productive with my time and catch up with farming....The days are draaagggiiinggg.......

*cookies for all*
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link explaining what it is,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot

You basically sticck it in one side of your nose when it is filled with saline [basically salty water.], lean over and to one side and let the water flow through one side of your nose and out the other >.<... It sounds disgusting and horrible at first but in my cases it accually really helps.

This is the link to a study of it by the University of Wisconsin USA.

http://www.fammed.wisc.edu/research/past-projects/nasal-irrigation

Their Conclustion about it....

Quote:
Conclusion: We conclude from these studies, and from a review of the scientific literature, that nasal irrigation is an effective adjunctive therapy for chronic sinus symptoms.6 It may also be effective as adjunctive therapy for symptoms of other upper respiratory conditions that are risk factors for chronic sinus symptoms including acute upper respiratory infection (common cold), acute sinusitis, and allergic rhinitis.

For most people it does work! Cool
Vitani

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SD Smile

I'll look in the chemist and see if they've got anything like that...

I'm very against anything going into my nose...Slightly phobic but I'll give it a go if I can...
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG i have done that before.

It helps to use a nozzle, like some kind of small teapot of something.

let it flow slowly into the top nostril (assuming your leaning over the sink) and it will trickle out the other.

It tickles a bit =]

My friends mom and I did the sinus cleaning thing once, it really does clear out of nose.
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I KNOW! I tickles!!! Laughing
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started laughing when i tried it. And my friend was dumbfounded. Imagine one of your best friends on your mom obsessing over shoving water up their nose using a blue teapot!
Vitani

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the 'flu Sad

In hindsight I wish I hadn't 'toughed it out' and gone to the doctor sooner....Finally sucked it up and went yesterday (managing to get soaking wet in the process which didn't help) and found out I actually have a chest infection....

Joy. Shocked

So I'm all loaded up on steroids and antibiotics and an inhaler and after what seemed like a ridiculous amount of blood tests, sputum samples and breathing in, out, in, out, in...For a good 10 minutes while he listened I was allowed to go home.

With a mask so I didn't spread my germs in public.

Yeah...Like THAT didn't make me feel stupid.....

I have to go back if I don't see any improvement in a week. Pleh Sad

SBF is cheering me up though Smile
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God! What the heck was the problem??? Shocked

**Ties Tani in big hazzmat area, and put's on a hazzmat suit and mask**
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww...poor Tani. I hope you feel better. For your throat, try hot water with honey and a squirt of lemon. It really works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: