Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

My cat.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: My cat. Reply with quote

This is very hard to type at this moment. Saddly enough this close to my birthday [Tomarrow] , I found out I may have to put one of my cat's to sleep. I mean I don't want him to suffer and all but I don't want him to die either >.< ... His name is loverboy, but most normally was call him Chubba, because he used to be sofat. Now he is as skinny as a rail and very unhealthy. He has been through a fight with a raccon and all kinds of other hell. We have tried to help him and we have fed him more than we used to, but he isn't getting any better. So most likely on 6/4/10. We will take him to the vet and find out he has to be put to sleep. We have a feeling he may have feline lukemia. We are hoping for the best but who the hell cares anymore. I just want it to all dissaper. I want everything to be back to normal when he was still okay and beautiful. This is him when he was still okay.

Right now you guys are the only ones I can talk to about this.. Crying or Very sad I have been very very depressed about this for the past few days and I am trully sorry if you may not see me on as often. This is very hard for me to take and all. If I owe you anything shoot me a PM

*Sighs*
*Sniffles*
*Starts Bawling*
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I'm sorry, SD! He looks like a beautiful kitty. But sometimes our animal best friends fall sick. One of our cats died of sickness, also, and one of them was killed by a bobcat. It just happens, as sad as it is. Sad I'm sorry it's happening to you now. My advice is to go see the vet, and in the meanwhile try to accept what is happening. I think you are making the right choice to put him down, if there is no reasonable way to bring him back to health.

I'll wish you luck and pray that everything goes well.
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaawwwwwwwwwwwww SD i know exactly how you feel last year in November we had to put our 11 year old yorkie/ chiwuawua mix Rusty to sleep because he had a large tumor in his mouth and it was cancerous, we still miss him dearly, may he rest in peace. It is quite sad when a pet has to pass, but it is a art of the life cycle adn who knows maybe he will be re-encarnated as your next pet Smile
koneko

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my first cat's died of possible feline lukemia. She must have been born with it becuase we got her shot for feline lukemia. We didn't want to find out for sure though since all the test would put her through more stess. After we put her down I couldn't stand going into vet offices anymore. How old is he? My kitty died at the age of one Crying or Very sad
Cocodri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((big hugs))) It is an unfortunate fact of life that we outlive our beloved animal family members. Even harder that sometimes we have to make the difficult decision to let them go when there is nothing left but suffering for them.

One of the worst years of my life I had to put down three, THREE dogs. I never want to do that again.

We share your pain and you'll always find an understanding shoulder here.
Crying or Very sad
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. We should find out tomarrow. Sad

What is the worst part is tomarrow is my birthday and if they say anything about having to put him... Well you know, I think I may start bawling.

He is only a year and a half currently and has been through more hell than I have been through and I older than him. Neutral
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry SD. It's horrible loosing pets. Good Luck hun, I'll keep you in my prayers...

Bratt
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bratt. We will see though. But Idk. If he test positive for the feline luekmia he's a gonner most likely. If he is negitive....I would be jumping around like a maniac. We'll see though.
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through, I know it is going to be hell when it is time for my cats to go. He is a beautiful cat and I know you are going to miss him a lot but if he is going to be suffering and his quality of life is not going to be good then it is time to let him go. I know it is not going to be an easy decision but I know you will make the right one for him. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Drm!

BUT!!!!

The test said he was negitive!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Haha!!!

He will live!!! Very Happy

The doctor said it looks like it was a puncture wound that had apparently got infected! So now he is on kitty antibiodics! HE WILL LIVE!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best birthday presie EVER! Hehe!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*Jumps aroound for Joy*
*Does Happy Dance*

They gave him a shot and already he acts like he feels better Very Happy ! And the vet said that he will be skinny because he is a Tom cat soooo... He is not overly skinny Smile

But giving him the medicein will be fun lol >.<

Wow my boys are gonna have alotta fun the next time they go to the vet Laughing .... They get nuetered.lol. They are really gonna hate me after that! -LOL Embarassed Cool

Thanks so much guys! You helped me alot durring the time. But now I think I might end up jumping to the moon! Thanks agian guys!

My kitty's gonna live! My kitty's gonna LIVE!

---**SD**!
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very glad to hear that SD i hope we dont have to put our 10 year old down soon since she is the first dog i have actually hand trained and she is my favorite dog i have had.

Hope you dont mind this but here is a pic of my 2 year old baby Sweetie

Chuka our oldie, when she had her long furry ears, now they are shorter so they dont get wet when she drinks water,lol

and our fat cat Angel Baby i would post pics of my 2 birds and snake but i dont have any pics.

Vitani

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww hun...I was so sad to read this post...

Now I'm so happy for you Very Happy

Happy belated birthday, btw Smile *gives cookies*

I know how you feel...Best Christmas, and more recently best birthday present for me was more time with my kitty....He was diagnosed with cancer 7 months ago and we were advised to put him down sooner rather than later...

I trusted my own instincts and asked him to just tell me when HE was ready...

He went in yesterday for a general checkup, and his vet can't believe how well he is...So much so that now he thinks maybe he got diagnosed wrong...

Its the best feeling, isin't it, to expect something bad, and it turns out to be a tiny thing!

Give him huggles and chin scratches for me Smile

He won't be thrilled about it, but trust me, getting neutered is the best thing for him...And he'll forgive you Smile
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean Tani! He needs to be. He seems to be back to his old yowlly self agian ! LOL
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! I'm soooo happy for you, SD! That is really awesome news. It just shows to prove that there is always hope!
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know! The funny thing is he like is medicine Neutral ...

Weird huh?

Hehe and yes I am VERY happy about it!!! Very Happy Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: