Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Eva the Bunny :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaylaBlue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Eva the Bunny :) Reply with quote

I GOT A BUNNY!!

Her name is Eva, and she is completely black. I rescued her after visiting her three times at our local shelter. She is 6 months old and a COMPLETE sweet heart. Last night, I let her free in my room, and she smelled everything out for awhile. Then, I brought her up onto my bed - where she promptly jumped up onto my belly and slept for two hours until I had to take a shower. This morning, I let her out again and she hopped around my whole room like a mad(woman) incorporating a few flying leaps in every couple of jumps. She loves fresh greens and veggies, and places toss with kittie bell balls.

Anyone else have rabbits?

Kayla
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that's so cool! I've never had a rabbit, myself; only a few hamsters.
Cocodri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eva sounds wonderful and I'm glad she got such a good home with you.

I've had several outdoor bunnies and one very memorable indoor rabbit, an Angora named Attila the Bun. He was a rescue, too. Sort of. I was working at a pet shop, and the people who had purchased him brought him back after like two years saying their kids didn't take care of him. By then he had "sniffles" which meant we could not sell him or even have him in the store around other rabbits. I was the only person without a rabbit at the time, so Attila (at that time without a name) came home with me. They had kept him out in the yard and his long coat was so matted I eventually gave up and shaved him. He was always perfect for grooming though, he would happily stretch out (he was a BIG bunny) and let you comb on his hair for hours. He loved to play with and chase all my cats and steal their food. At feeding time he would hop up and nibble your toes until you fed him, LOL. Officially, I gave him to my roommate at the time, so when he moved away he took Attilla with him.

I shoulda just kicked out the roomie and kept the Bun.
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! My friend has two bunnies, ones an albino (really sweet, but pretty big, not too fat though...lol) and one that's black and white (she's really jumpy, apparently she can jump out of her cage/box thing). I help her take care of them sometimes.
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love bunnies! I used to have one, a long time ago. I was the designated "rabbit person" when I worked at the local shelter. Worked with the House Rabbit Society, gave advice to potential adopters, did a few courses on care, that sort of thing. Really made me realize all the things I did WRONG the last time I owned a rabbit (like too many pellets, not enough hay, and too many carrots) XD But now I know better so I won't make the same mistakes the next time I have one.

http://rabbit.org is probably the best website in the world if you ever run into any snags or questions. Good luck with your bun, and hopefully you'll get the full 8-10 years with her Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: