Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Cat litter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trinity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Cat litter Reply with quote

OKay, so in your opinion, what's the best clumping cat litter to use? Right now I use Litter Clean, because it's the cheapest I've found. (I get a 40 lb bucket for $10). But, I wanna change it, it clumps well, but the dust is crazy, and I can't stand the amount of tracking. I wind up with litter on my bed from Kovu using the litter box then immediately jumping on my bed. And it doesnt do much for odor control. I've heard Tidy Cats multiple cats is a good one. What do you guys use?
Rusty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Litter.. Reply with quote

I use Fresh Step multiple cat (I have three kitties). A bit more expensive, but it works and has less dust. Yeah, tracking is still an issue, but several rugs around the boxes cuts down on the tracking. Plus the brand has "Paw Points" that you can snip from each box or bag and cash them in online for cat goodies. The goodies are varied, but I have gotten several cloth Igloo type hidey-holes for the babies, and free litter via coupons.

Rusty
koneko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Fresh Step, if you shop at any price clubs you can get it for really cheap. My friend says that tidy cats isn't very good and I also don't like arm and hammer. My friend likes the ARm and Hammer, but she only has one cat who is mainly an out door cat, but for my two indoor cats it smelt horrible.
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Fresh step multiple cat, its not that expensive and we only have one cat, but she has some stinky poo Smile and it clumps well and the oder is fine unless she doesnt cover it Smile
Vitani

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Trouble & Trix ( which I don't think you can get anywhere but here? I don't know..) Eco litter...Its pellets of compressed, recycled paper...Absolutely no tracking, the only odd pellets I find are the ones he may kick out of the box...But even then its minimal...Paz is very tidy Very Happy

Being paper when it gets wet, it sucks it up pretty fast, and I find that after about 10 minutes, you can walk right by it and not even smell the urine....Poop is poop...Its never gonna smell of roses. Best to remove it as soon as it happens lol!

You could try a scented litter? T & T does a lavender one that I hear is nice but its the 'angel' type litter thats white crystals and I don't use them because I find them too dusty.....Ironically, they are touted as being safe for asthmatics, which I find laughable since if you open a bag near me I can't breathe >.<
SisKate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Litter.. Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
I use Fresh Step multiple cat (I have three kitties). A bit more expensive, but it works and has less dust. Yeah, tracking is still an issue, but several rugs around the boxes cuts down on the tracking.

Rusty

Me, too. I use Fresh Step multiple cat, too, even though I only have one cat. It doesn't stink, and is usually on sale at the store I buy it from. It lasts a while and since my cat is almost 100% indoors now, it's nice to reduce odor. As for tracking, I have a towel placed in front of the litter box so it reduces tracking.

Hope this helps!

SisKate
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try to help if I could, but both of my cats are outdoor boys. SOOO....
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use either Fresh Step or Tidy Cats, both are good litters, they do have some dust but like a previous poster said rugs in front of the box help. It also depends on what you feed them. I have my two cats on a cat food called "Chicken Soup for the cat lovers soul" I can't even smell the litter box. Chicken Soup is a very healthy cat food and it only costs around 10.00 for a bag. It lasts longer because it keeps the cats full longer. I give them a handful in the morning and one at night and there is usually food left over from the morning. Their litter box smells less and there is less waste and the quality foods also keep the shedding down too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: