Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Ways To Be Trusted and Liked on SBF =]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Ways To Be Trusted and Liked on SBF =] Reply with quote

I've been reading a lot of complaints from older players about people doing... well... things that are *undesired* on SBF. here is a guide to help noobs [and others] to be trusted and have a better experience on SBF.

1) Overbreeding is a controversial debate. Older players are disgusted by the overbreeding/specialization in one variation/color, but MODs argue that players can do what they want with their animals, as they were obtained legally. Overbreeding does decrease the value of the animal, not only yours, but everyone else with a similar animal. So it decreases your own stocks value, and makes other people upset with you. two things you dont really want. avoiding duplicates saves room on your farm, keeps the animals value high, AND you cant be accused of overbreeding. Even though its not a written rule not to overbreed, it really does help you and everyone else not to overbreed.

2) Upholding Contracts is tied in to 'Overbreeding'. I will explain. When you privately purchase an animal form someone, they may sell conditions with it. common conditions are:
a. only breed for replacement
b. no selling/studding the animal without *creators* permission
these conditions are to prevent overbreeding, and to give the Creator a chance to make a profit from the creation. If you break the contract, the news will spread like wildfire, and soon, you will find that you cant get the animals you need from certain players.

3) Art Theft is illegal. you can go to jail, and at minimum, suspended from the game. dont do it. its low and annoying. For you artists out there, at one point, your artwork will be stolen. thats why its important to put your name in a place that cant be cropped out easily. I have played for what? 2 weeks? and i have already had my artwork stolen. Bottom Line= people dont LIKE when you do illegal things, and steal form them. from experience, the person you steal it from wants to hurt you very badly. and they dont forget about it. and neither does anyone else.

4) Help people out! We all love it getting a hand, even if all we can give back is an "I O U". Whether is cash, tokens, or animals [that dont have contracts on them, preferably Smile ], its always nice to get a little gift. Donating to someones project will boost their impression on you

5) Dont Be a wall-flower. participate in contests! just talk and be random. Dont sit on the sidelines, only talking to people when you need something. be active!

6) Respect Creations of other players. Going back on a previous idea from 2), if the variation is new, give the creator a chance to make a profit off it. If you aren't sure who created the variation/color your about to sell, go to "Species Details", click the species name, and scroll through a list of variation and colors to find the creators id. If they haven't taken an exam in about 6 months, go ahead and sell the animal, with the proper price [check 7]. If the player has been on recently, send them a pm, ask if you can sell the animal. some creators will ask to buy the animal back, others will let you sell it, but there are some who will say no. its nothing personal, but they have their reasons Smile

7) Price It Right. I know, i have been tempted to do it a few times. I think we all will. We want to sell the animal, and sell it fast. so we sell it for a very low price, a price tempting all the other players to buy it. But in the long run, by doing this, your loosing a ton of cash, and respect. If you waited maybe a day or two longer by Selling the animal at 10 mill instead of 5 mill, you make double the money! by making your price lower than everyone elses, you decrease the value in all of them! which hurts the color/variation greatly.
If you have trouble with prices, look on the market for similar animals. Prices are based on rarity of color & variation, stats, age, details, and if its a good competitor. put all of these in the price. [A 28 year old all NO WAI mare will probably be the same value as a 1 year old 6 Amazing mare of the same color and variation, because the baby has years to incease the stats, and the mare is very close to retirement age.]

Comment!
post edits for me to make!
This post was NOT meant to be offensive to ANY player!

Last edited by *~Trent~* on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea Very Happy Some others you may want to add:

Check who the creator of an animal is before you sell it or put it up for auction. This will save you a lot of drama and helps build up your reputation as a trustworthy player. The rule of thumb I use is that I won't sell without the creator's permission unless they have been inactive for at least 6 months, preferably a year. I know when I get pm's for people asking my permission to breed or sell, it earns that player serious brownie-trust points.

Be respectful. Remember that just because you are behind a computer screen doesn't mean you get to be rude or deceitful. Treat someone the way you would like to be treated if you met them face to face. This includes not "outing" people in public, spamming people's threads, or over breeding others' creations.

Don't hesitate to pm people! This is a great way to make friends and build up trust. People here are really friendly and are usually happy to chat or answer any question you may have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: