Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Policeman's Ball Prizes announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cocodri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Policeman's Ball Prizes announced Reply with quote

I'm probably the only one here old enough to remember the old jokes about "buying a ticket to the policeman's ball" as a way to get out of getting a ticket from the nice officer who just pulled you over. I don't think there is a police department anywhere, even in my tiny town, that still has a "ball" for fund raising. Some do-gooder somewhere probably decided there was some sort of rule against them. (Come to think of it, our volunteer firefighters don't even seem to have fund raisers - I'll have to ask about that since my roomie is one)

BUT this is SBF and I got permission so WE CAN HAVE A POLICEMAN'S BALL. Tickets are $10,000 SBF money and are on sale now until Sunday, March 7 midnight MST.

The Ball will be held Monday night, March 8 starting at 6:30 pm MST (I promise not to be late this time - really, I swear). Formal attire required (that's a long evening gown for you ladies, tuxedos for the men, rescue vests and nice collars for the dogs - service dogs may attend with their owners). Dinner will be served - please RSVP with your choice of chicken, beef, or vegan option (dogs, too). There will be speeches and awards - but I'll try and keep them from being too long winded. Best of all at the end of the evening there will be a drawing for door prizes. Each ticket purchased equals one entry in the drawing (you may buy as many as you wish)

GRAND PRIZE: One Police Dog puppy
- there are only 14 on the game (counting my pair) and several of them are probably too old to breed. The others seem to belong mainly to people who no longer play Crying or Very sad The puppy will be yours to do with as you will, but I rather expect you to treat it like a typical Endangered and not put it up for stud for $50 or sell puppies for $100 or anything crazy, k?

SECOND PRIZE: Your choice of a puppy from one of the Exotic service dog pairs - so Arson detection, Drug detection, or Search and Rescue. Since you get to choose the variation it will have to be bred after the ball, but I'll get it ASAP

THIRD PRIZE: 5 tokens

You don't have to be present to win Wink

How to buy tickets
Send me a trade of $10K per ticket you wish to purchase. As I receive them I will list your name below with the # of tickets purchased.

Here in the real world what I am gonna do is put your name on a slip of paper for each ticket sold, toss 'em in a bowl, shake 'em up real good and hold the bowl out to the hubby. He doesn't know any of you so even if he could see your names it wouldn't matter.

Monday night I'll add to this thread a description of the ball, the venue, do the speechifying and all that finishing up with the drawing - sort of a RP so if you want to and can drop by and describe what you are wearing to the ball, sit at your table, have a conversation with the person next to you, you know - have fun. Very Happy In fact, you are welcome to gossip about the ball all you like in this thread.

Other Notes:

Prize Donations: If you wish to donate a prize worth at least $1mill SBF contact me - the more the merrier - and you will receive 10 tickets in thanks.

Tokens: What is the current exchange rate of tokens to SBF money? Once that's settled, I will also allow tickets to be purchased with tokens if anybody even wants to.

Now in RL the money raised would go to the police department for things like, well paying to train a new police dog/handler pair or equipment or community programs like D.A.R.E., stuff like that. Here in SBF though...I dunno. Anyone have a suggestion?

Go forth and have fun

Cocodri

EDIT the first: More prizes donated!!

FOURTH PRIZE
(there will be two given) art by Cowgirls Rule!

FIFTH PRIZE: a Kiger Mustang! also donated by Cowgirls Rule!

SIXTH PRIZE: A killer photomanip donated by Trent!

TICKETS SOLD

Cowgirls Rule - 30 tickets
Trent - 10 tickets
Sipphy [#53096] - 1 ticket
wolfgirl159357 [#54520] - 300 tickets
Vitani [#1364] - 100 tickets
xxFARMER BOBxx [#59097] - 100 tickets
.Savy. - 1 ticket

UPDATE THE DAY BEFORE THE PARTY!
It is now 6:46 pm MST Sunday. I'll take ticket purchases until midnight my time, about 5 more hours. Since by popular demand I'm going to try and be here to MC the RP the party Laughing ALL DAY MONDAY I'd like to have all the ticket purchases done by then. (Okay, if you beg and plead I'll probably sell some tomorrow but BEFORE the party "officially" starts at 6:30 pm my time because I want to be able to start drawings soon after that) Prize Donations such as art, animals and so on PLEASE have them in by midnight my time tonight. No one has mentioned or asked to buy tickets with tokens, so it's a moot point. Let's see, anything else? Maybe a little RP added for the night before?

LASSSST EDIT: Prize Winners are in the last post from me on page 3

Last edited by Cocodri on Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a police dog art competition? i thought you said there wasn't gonna be one...
about tokens, how many do you have?
and whats hte drawing have to be of? i made three different line arts for service dogs, so im ready! [xD, spongebob]
Marlee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to attend, but, I may not beable to get on at that time. I would really like to come. Can you make it all day?
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to donate some prizes. I'll PM you about it.
Marlee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to purchase two tickets please. If any one needs one come to me, only if the person I want to give it to doesn't want it.
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe this is a great idea!!!!! i love it, it sounds like ssoooo much fun i will definetly be coming and i will make a cheridable donation btw
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocodri, can i just send you 10k every time i post a pic for the event? cause i dont want to buy like 10 tickets and only use like 3 of them.
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ btw, i made some police dog line arts =] so if oyu guys cant find any i might sell some to you. or you can ask me a certain position or breed. links are below to some examples/]
yeah, i wrote trent on them so nobody would take them without buying xD

http://trentslineart.webs.com/little%20police%20dogTRENT1.jpg
chihuahua

http://trentslineart.webs.com/police_dogTRENT1.jpg
german shepard

http://trentslineart.webs.com/police-doglyingdownTRENT1.jpg
i think a german shepard

http://trentslineart.webs.com/policedogNAME.jpg
german shepard
Sipphy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent, a drawing is a type of contest where the winners are picked completely at random. It has nothing to do with art.
Sipphy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying a ticket, but I might be busy that night.
Cocodri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent - great line art - the chihuahua is too cute but I can't imagine just exactly what he might DO yap a bad guy to death? Come to think of it...LOL. I'm PMed you about buying a couple for personal use. I love that one of the dog and man laying side by side. Here's a suggestion - donate your art like cowgirl did for a prize, get 10 tickets per donation. Otherwise, tickets are $10,000 SBF each (send me a trade) and you do use them all, because regardless of how many people you bring to the ball, you will be entered into the drawing one time for each ticket you BUY. So 1 ticket = 1 entry in the prize drawing.

Marlee I can sure try. My life is a bit, well my time is not always in my control right now but I purposely chose a day that - so far - has no other obligations so I could concentrate on the ball. So if I can, and I won't promise, but if I can I will start with preparations in the morning and work on it all day - the drawing will still be around 7 to 10 pm MST. I want to be flexible and let everyone who can play but I have to be flexible for hubby and family, too. To purchase tickets just send me a trade in the amount you want - $20,000 SBF money for 2 tickets (you can purchase as many as you want even if you aren't bringing that many people because each ticket = a chance in the prize drawings.)

wolfgirl
It just wouldn't be a proper party without you and I can't wait to see what you donate!

Wheeeeeee I'm already having too much fun.

Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

RP stuff now:
We will be renting the hall at the Sheriffs Posse Arena in Truth or Consequences, NM.

This means there will be an arena and we just might even have an impromptu roping event if the right cowboys show up but at the least everybody will be able to ride around and socialize and show off their favorite horse if they like.

The hall is small but cozy and has a side room with a bar with barstools. (We won't be serving any alcohol tho - just soft drinks and coffee) There is a screen door that opens onto a covered patio between the hall and the arena which has several big picnic tables in case it is nice enough to sit outside.

The big room has a few green padded booths with tables down one side, a podium at one end on a slightly raised stage and a dance floor that we can add a few tables on if we need 'em. The door is at the far end from the stage and goes out to the parking lot where you will also find the portajohns.

For the ball we are going to have a local company come out and set us up a huge chain link enclosure for a temporary dog park in the grassy area in front of the hall for the service dogs who come with their owners to use for..ahem...dog stuff... as well as playtime.

We can open the arena and the dog park just as early as someone shows up to watch over thangs. Volunteers?

There are several local bands to chose from so we are going to give each of them about a 30 minute set to play, one is country, one is folk, and the other is rock - mostly covers of classic rock. Most of 'em said they'll stay later and play again if the folks want 'em to.

Now I know I said formal attire - and that's what I want to see as the evening goes on but I know if you come early you'll be wearing your good jeans and a nice shirt. There is a small room off the back of the hall where ladies can change their clothes for the dancing in the evening and the menfolk are going to have to use the little storeroom behind the bar. We'll put up mirrors in both rooms and have one of those clothes racks for the ladies to hang their dresses on in their changing area. Lots of folks around here have their own RVs and will probably bring them if they are going to stay all day so maybe you can bring your RV or use a friends to clean up and change.

Now if you are from around here, you may not know that Truth or Consequences is famous for their natural hot springs. We also have a little artists community. During the day Jornada Lake Ranch is gonna hitch up our mammoth donkey team to a big surrey that will seat 10 or 20 folks and drive you all downtown where you can book an hour or half hour in the hot springs, or just walk around and enjoy the eclectic little shops and art galleries. We'll be driving back and forth all day so you can ride down, shop a while, and ride back on the next trip a couple hours later. The donkeys say they don't mind if service dogs ride, and at least one or two of the hot springs places allow dogs in the springs, too.
Most of our shopkeepers are pretty friendly so I think they'll allow dogs in at least for the day.

wooohooo[/u]
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha
the chihuahua is based off a picture of the smallest police dog in the world. its actually a chihuahua/terrier mix =]
if i donate the art, whats the donation to? like who gets my art xD
[hmm.. i didnt get a pm.. resend it maybe?]
[im also in the middle of completing a rottweiler one.. too many german shepards xD]
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh this looks like sooo much fun.
RetrieverVet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So correct me if I'm wrong because I'm pretty positive I don't understand.
You are holding a (duh) virtual party. Tickets are 10,000 each.
You get prizes and stuff.
Hang out talk to peeps.
Would this party be held on this thread or a different one?
That's really the only question I have.

Please put me down for 4 tickets and I will send the trade when you respond. =)
Cocodri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sipphy You don't have to be "present" to win, although I'd hate for anyone to miss the RP fun. If you buy a ticket (or ten or twenty) it (they) will go into the drawing and have a chance of winning one of the prizes.

Trent
The worlds smallest police dog. Ain't that something? In the first post I mentioned that people could donate prizes for the drawing, as long as they are worth at least $1mill. Donors would get 10 tickets for each prize they donate. If you donate art to be a prize, then whoever wins it gets the art when I do the drawing. You didn't get my PM? Weird. I'll send again.

RetrieverVet
Yep - virtual RP party. Yep tickets are $10,000 SBF play money each - buy as many as you like because each ticket is a chance to win one of the prizes. If you can make it in that day to hang out and RP with us - that's great! If not, you are still in the drawing to win prizes. The party is gonna be right here. On this thread. You got to keep it simple for old women like me. So I'm responding and when I get the trade you'll see your name and 4 tickets added on the first post (going to keep a list there so I can keep track and everyone can see it and correct me if I make a mistake, too)

Now I don't know if I can get in tomorrow as the hubby is going for surgery so we'll be at the hospital about 100 miles away. If all goes well I may be home later with a sleepy hubby who only wants to be fed and left alone, in which case I'll be bored and on the computer Wink but I can't promise, k? Send lots of good thoughts his way, too, if you can. But don't freak if I don't get in and get your trades or whatever - I'll be back Friday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: