Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

I have an idea( but not enough to make it)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Creation Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you an animal lover?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Bengal2010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: I have an idea( but not enough to make it) Reply with quote

its just an idea but i cant afford to make it but here it goes.....What about if we made like certain wild animals tame like right now im obsessed with fennec foxes Wink and you could make one called domestic fennec fox or something that would go in the dog house or something..and then starter people like me can have wild animals even wen they jus start..sorry if im bragging but tell me wat you think...and id be happy if anyone used the idea and made it true
Ferox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, there are already fennec foxes in the game and it isn't that hard to get a small multi terraform if you use your rescues and build buidings as you get them.
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that what Bengal means, is like domesticating the wild animals. When you think about it, it does sound alot cooler than the animal itself.
Ferox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to me. Wild animals should be wild. There are better things to spend tokens on.
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but all of the good creations have already been made. It might add a little fun to the game to add this. Smile
sandtiger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why making a kind of, this is going to be offensive, but why make a domesticated version of something already in game, and why in a different species, its still a fox... plus after the new people get the Small Multi Terraform where at that point get the "real" thing, the "domesticated" version is not going to really have a purpose anymore...
Little Red

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point, but maybe we could make them rarer and more valuable, since in rl it's very uncommon to see a domestic wild animal.
Ferox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the good creations haven't already been made, you're just not getting creative enough.

I think it's a cheap idea and not fun. We don't need to double up on species that aren't lost.
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, *strokes imaginary beard* It's a different concept. But instead of the Domesticated such and such, what about the domesticated species. I'm happy to start funding it, but it is not such a bad idea, as long as we don't create to many of the same animal. It could even do with a new enclosure, so all the tame animals can get together. It sounds a bit weird, but we just might pull it off.

Choco
sandtiger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean a species that is naturally docile and tame? Confused But what do you mean new "species", do you mean kind of like the domesticated Bactrian camel and the Wild Bactrian camel, how they apparently differentiate? I'm quite confused.
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's practically it. Have a species (like horse, cat, dog, ferret, dinosaur) that is tame. We have wild cats/dogs etc, so why can't we have domesticated such and such. Perhaps have dogs and cats being overpopulated because in the real world they are basically domesticated, then get rarer and rarer until we get to like dinosaurs being AE. Wild and domesticated are different because one is docile and one is not. But a species name, you'd have the animal as the variation, and then the domesticated bit. Is there an adjective meaning tame that can be put after a noun, or would it have to be, 'animal' That is tame. Do you see?
Ferox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't like the idea, sorry.

We already have domesticated dogs, cats, ferrets, horses, pigeons etc on the game. And if you made the species as you're describing then you're going to get dogs bred with cats and dinosaurs bred with ferrets. Sad

It takes away value from the other species and in my view is a waste of tokens.

Leave wild animals wild. You don't need a pet tiger in real life and you don't need a domestic lion in a game.

Mind you, I could acknowledge Russian Domestic Fox as a variation, since they did actually create a genetically distinct population, bu that is a side point.
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, I quit...
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a pretty good idea, and with a few rough edges softened maybe i could happen someday, but i don't see anybody really making a commitment (no offence. it seems everybody wants to make their own variations rather than species. :/) just my thought. I wasn't really involved so this is just an "outsider's" view. lol

Daes
Jinxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am locking this thread (and will be doing so with any others on this board that are not a player posting a list of their creations in one thread. Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Creation Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: