Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Duplicate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Duplicate Reply with quote

Hi i am in a predicament (spelling??)with not knowing what to do...advice??

I created a new variation of ray (eagle) and someone has just bought a foundation pair of it.... i wouldn't normally be bothered but i put my own tokens into creating it and it would have been nice if they had atleast asked if it was ok to have a duplicate of my creation... As i don't really want my creations to become overpopulated here on SBF especially threatened+ creations.

I have no issue with the player having the foundations given that is just to breed to replace. I have messaged them explaining that i would have liked a heads up.

Has anyone ever had someone buy a foundation pair of their creation/s?
If so how did you deal with coming to a agreement in breeding and selling?

Any help would be appreciated.
Elf
Cosmosxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this happens ALL the time.

Rusty was completely within her rights to buy them with her OWN money, and owes you nothing.

Mostly it's me who is the buyer of others creations. Rather than people buying mine, though that has happened too.

I must have bought at least 40 odd foundie pairs of other peoples creations on here. Mostly endangered ones.

There is nothing you can do. The people who bought them (me included) have spent their own real life money to get them, as you did when you created them.

My opinion?

My money, my business what happens with the product of my money. Ergo, there is no breeding/selling agreement here, they own the animals straight out. You can't patent something on a sim game.

Hopefully the buyers better nature will stop them ripping the piss, but not always.

If this isn't what you wanted go with AE only. Otherwise, you make a profit if they buy them so why complain?

P.s- I have my eye on these too. So don't freak out.

EEEEK, I had to edit.

You can't tell them breed only to replace unless they got the animal straight from you, it's not your business if/when they breed because this was through their own money.

Last edited by Cosmosxx on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for replying to my post... its funny cause as it is the first time it has happened to me i was slightly shocked, and freaked out as i pretty much just created the variation, only just relised however that my token count has gone up (guessing this is the profit you were talking about)...

Hopefully they will breed responsibly.

Thanx again Elf
Cosmosxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I happen to know Rusty is a very responsible player here, and I doubt you'll have to worry.

Nice creation btw.

Very Happy
Elf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a email to rusty saying soz bout the freak out... and that im guessing they are a responsible breeder and probably know the players on here better than myself (due to being on here longer). I hope rusty accepts my appology (although i wasn't rude).

I am completely over it now..

Oh and thanx bout the creation comment...Ill hopefully have more creations soon.
Thanx Cosmosxx
p.s. i promise i wont freak if you get a pair...
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for future reference: The only way to keep a variation/colour all to yourself is to make it Almost Extinct. Anything else, and other players can buy and do whatever they wish with them. They do not need to ask your permission as it is a built in feature of the game that they can buy them from the Foundation Pair page. Nor are they under any obligation to keep them rare.

I myself have had Endangered variations bred into near worthlessness (American Saddlebreds, anyone?) and I agree that it's not a very nice thing to do with someone else's creations, but there's nothing that can be done about it.
Elf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.. thanx Kholran.. i guess ill just have to have some AE variations as well (but keep them as the special ones Laughing )
Ferox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created an endangered variation and someone bought a pair yesterday. My reaction was "Cool, someone likes these too!"

I had read the rules and knew that they could though. I'd bet that most people with cash for tokens are going to be responsible with it.
Elf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferox wrote:
I created an endangered variation and someone bought a pair yesterday. My reaction was "Cool, someone likes these too!"

Yeh thats my thoughts now. Dunno why i freaked out so much Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Need help? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: