Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Some positive changes for the EBA!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Some positive changes for the EBA! Reply with quote

There's going to be some changes regarding the way we "do business". GOOD ones. In case you haven't noticed, Misty Glen's new page looks AMAZING. That's just one change that we're putting into place.

Apparently, the club's been getting a little stale and coming off like it's all work and no fun, and frankly, I appear to resemble that remark lately. That kills me... that's NOT who I am, and neither are the rest of you - y'all ROCK! Time to shed that dull old skin and get a fresh breeze blowing through the organization. So what am I doing to help? I'm giving out...

****DRUMROLL****

PRIZES!

That's right! I have received several donations to further the EBA's message and will be putting my own money where my mouth is because that's how much what we're doing means to people, and I think many of you know I believe that one good turn deserves another. So let's see these people get some recognition and reward for their efforts!

At first, I will try to give out weekly or every-other-weekly prizes to kickstart this program, especially because it's been a long time coming. Prizes will be given out for these primary reasons, but aren't limited to them (think I missed something? TELL ME!):

* Outstanding ethics Did someone take something off the auction block and give it back to you when they realized they received it under a broken contract? Did someone alert you to a potential problem with one of your creations? NOMINATE THEM!
* Acts of random kindness Did someone do you a favor and ask nothing in return? NOMINATE THEM!
* Spreading the message People can't adhere to a code of ethics if they don't know it exists. Did someone recommend this club to you? Did they help you understand how to treat others with respect? NOMINATE THEM!

I will begin with those I already know have done some outstanding work, and I'm going to list those people here:

* Misty Glen (Spreading the Message). Look at the page and the seal! Awesome work!
* mash (Spreading the Message). mash has been a tireless workhorse since the get-go, compiling lists of creators and variations that are in danger of being de-valued. Dare I say it, she's done more for the club than I have!
* Dumbledore (Outstanding Ethics). When a stud was put up for market without the creator's premission, she agreed not to let the offspring of the breeding out of her barn because she didn't know about the broken contract.
* Sleek (Outstanding Ethics) Took an animal off of the auction block and gave it back to the creator because she didn't know it was sold to her in violation of a contract.
* Leopardstorm (Acts of Random Kindness) One of our benefactors!
* Chilly Girl (Acts of Random Kindness) Gave the most generous donation to date!

See how easy this is? I fully expect to be getting PMs and responses here, people... no excuses! If someone did something like this or just made your day, let's hear about it! I want this to go somewhere, and I can't do it without you ALL.

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Vitani

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*claps, whistles and creates an excited ruckus in general*

Whooooo! Bravo Amanda! These are awesome ideas and I think its just the kickstart we need as a community at large...I'm looking forward to the outstanding players finally getting the kind of recognition they deserve...A game is only as good as its players and....Well, I think you all know what that means Laughing

*spreads cookies all round*
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. Thanks for the nomination. Very Happy I honestly wasn't looking for payment or recognition when I did the page, I just wanted to do it for fun and I really enjoyed it. That's all the payment I need. But I do feel appreciated all the same. Smile
koneko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congradulatations for showing support and kindness to our community!
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received another nomination for RUSTY for her Random Acts of Kindness when helping Vitani replace a whole bunch of animals she'd lose if she hadn't had some outcrossing to unrelated lines.

Thanks for extending a helping hand, Rusty! Check your trades for a little bit of one-good-turn-deserves-another reward!

~ Amanda @ Aljan
mash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic Amanda. Such a genious way to spread positivity about, and reward those who have adhered to the EBA standards and guidelines. Outstanding acts of generosity.

I think though, that a name is missing form that list....YOU.

Lets face it, you have put in so much work for the club as well, yes you are the founder but still, you're work is good and should be rewarded/recognised.

So, I don't know what to offer other than a offspring frm my farm, so take a look chick. Tell me what you want Smile

And congratulations to everyone else who has been mentioned, glad to see there are still a few kind and generous people in this community Smile
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, all. Just wanted to check in with you and see if anyone had any recent nominations for the EBA's rewards program! Keep them coming, folks.

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate Koneko for responsible breeding! (Idk if u care tho)

also, i applied for the club, just wondering if i wuz accepted.

thanx,
DaisyRabbitMae
Sleek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm I would like to nominate Rose Cat because she was honest about her new creation and saying that she made a mistake, and Keema originally created it:)
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot... haven't checked this in awhile, and I'm glad to see some activity here. So we've got two awards to give out!!!

koneko and RoseCat, check your "Trades" section and congrats for your Outstanding Ethics Awards!

~ Amanda @ Aljan
koneko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, thanks
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although she's not here anymore, I would be remiss if I didn't add another of our generous benefactors, odinsdottir, for Acts of Random Kindness.

I soooooooooo miss her... Crying or Very sad

~ Amanda @ Aljan
RoseCat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...thanks ...y'all are so nice.

Rose
RoseCat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure where to put this... but....
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=20321

this might be a bad thing. Some of his animals are relatively rare and he is giving them away to the lowest bidder....

Rose
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I audited that farm, and I think we're okay, but thank you for bringing it to our attention! It helps to have more than one set of eyes... Wink

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: