Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

"Best Pet Picture!" *PRIZES ARE NOW BEING AWARDED*
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: "Best Pet Picture!" *PRIZES ARE NOW BEING AWARDED* Reply with quote

Ok! This contest has now ended and the winner is being announced!!!

1st Place Winner: Between
My View of Your Picture: I chose your picture as first Between, because of several things. First, your picture is well centered with no extra junk in the back ground. Second, it is basic with only two items as the focus, your bunny and it's toy. Third, because the picture not only shows the bunny well, but it also shows it is a cute and cuddly pose that any judge would love. Great Job! Very Happy

Now here are my views on everyone else's entries...

Fire Opal: The picture of you dog is good. The puppy is centered and attentive looking. She's beautiful! But though this picture is good technically, it lacks "warmth" (if you get my drift), something a judge would really like to see. Try a different back ground next time, one with warmer colors. Also, if the picture showed the full body of your puppy, it would give you a better chance of first place. Good Job! Very Happy

Sis Kate: Great job on your entry! I really like how your horse is looking strait at the camera, and not off somewhere in space. A few things you could have improved... the little "c) SisKate" at the bottom would dock major points in any photography contest, especially a 4-H one. The centering is pretty good in your picture, but it could be better. You can see some extra stuff in the background that is unfavorable, though it's a good thing that none of it is focused. All in all, you did a great job!

Daisy Rabbit Mae: Your bunny is so cute! You are very lucky to have such a special animal. Your picture could use some refocusing though. First of all, you cut out part of the bunny's head in the picture. A real professional judge would not like that. They would want to see the bunny's entire face. In your entry, I can see that your rabbit is the definite focus of the picture, but next time, try not to make it "too" focused. Back the camera away and take a good full body shot of your bunny, showing everything. Good Job! Very Happy

MuteAppeal: I am a horse lover and I can tell you that your horse is gorgeous! If I was picking pictures on animals and personality solely, I probably would have picked your entry, but there are a few things that could make your entry better technically. The main focus of your picture is meant to be the horse, I'm guessing. But the way you took the picture, the focus is Tom's butt. That might even be ok to a judge, but usually not. They will want to see the horse's face, not the butt. Your picture could use a little more centering, as it's a little lop sided. The colors are bright and contrast good, I like that in your entry. Next time, try not to cut out any of your focus (the horse), even the hooves. The judge will want to see the WHOLE horse not just part of it. Great Job! Very Happy

linksage: Dustin is so cute, linksage! Your picture is basically good, you have the right idea, but there are a few things that are not quite right. First, you can see the linoleum, blanket, and wall, real close together. That's a little too much back ground for any judge to take in at one time. Try to just get your puppy on the blanket next time. It may seem plain, but it will be less cluttered. I might try some brighter colors next time, as the colors in your picture are somewhat dull. You've got a great start with this picture, Good Job! Very Happy

Chilly Girl: Your entry is very, very creative Chilly! She really does look like she's posing for the camera! If your picture cut out the window and extras, it would be 10x better, though. The lighting is good, and if you had fixed the back ground, you probably would have been awarded first place. Great Job! Very Happy

Alima: Chewbacca is an adorable goat! Your entry is very good, and a judge will love it just because it's cute... Your picture has a cluttered back ground though, and if you took out the other goats, and made Chewbacca the main focus, it could be alot better. It is centered well, and I think you did a really good job!

1st Place: $100,000.00
Entrants Award: $100 (This will only be awarded if I think you actually deserved it and worked on your picture!)[/color]

Bratterratt Very Happy

Last edited by Bratterratt on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
linksage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By picture, do you mean photograph, or are drawings acceptable to? You said 'taken by' which made me think photo, but then you said 'shading' in the judging section, which is usually a drawing term, so I'm a bit confused... ^_^"
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant a photograph! I'll edit my first post, I didn't mean shading, I wasn't thinking!

Bratterratt Very Happy
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player Name: Opal
Animal (or Animals) Name: Shelby
Summary of Animal/Animals in Picture: This is a picture of my dog, Shelby. She's a shetland sheepdog puppy. ^^

Last edited by Fire Opal on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opal, I love! But in order to make it an official entry, you need to fill out the entry form! By the way, Shelby is so cute!

Bratterratt Very Happy
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meep, sorry! Modified the post for you. =D Thanks, btw.
SisKate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player Name: SisKate
Animal (or Animals) Name: Scout
Summary of Animal/Animals in Picture: This is my horse, Scout, and the picture was taken this last summer. I hope you like it! I have really improved, and I am hoping to enter some of the photos in 4H this next year. Hope you like it Wink

SisKate
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks SisKate! Usually I would not like the little "c) SisKate" at the bottom, but I'll let it slide this time...

Bratterratt

Entries are still being accepted!
SisKate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, sorry Embarassed I just don't want people stealin my art *wink wink*. Thanks, and I hope you like my picture!!

SisKate
koneko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im going to enter
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player Name: Daisy Rabbit Mae
Animal (or Animals) Name: Daisy and Thumper
Summary of Animal/Animals in Picture: Daisy is leaving Thumper and Thumper is sad that he made her leave!
My Photo:
Between

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player Name: Between
Animal (or Animals) Name: Killer
Summary of Animal/Animals in Picture: The picture is of my bunny, her real name is Lilo, but since she is very mean
( she actually growls!) my family renamed her Killer.
I took the picture after we gave her the cats toy.
She liked it for a while, but then buried it somewhere. Confused

MuteAppeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player Name: MuteAppeal
Animal (or Animals) Name: Tom B Swift (affectionately known as Tom, and some not so affectionate others, like booger, that I
won't mention for the sake of his delicate feelings Wink )
Summary of Animal/Animals in Picture: Big bad Tom has been my contesting/all purpose horse since way back in my 4H days.
He does it all, from whisker kisses to taking the other boarders' kids for swims in the pond. The only thing he doesn't do is stay
ground tied for long, those poor, tasty looking flowers didn't stand a chance after the shutter clicked.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/blackbunny86/my%20horses/Tom_010.jpg

Last edited by MuteAppeal on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mute Appeal, your picture didn't come in, could you repost it?

Ok, only a few days left people!

Bratterratt Very Happy
MuteAppeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, I'm not sure why it won't show since it's coming up on my browser. I included a link to it, if that doesn't work either I'll try uploading it somewhere else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: