Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Nevermind

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Nevermind Reply with quote

Nevermind

Last edited by Drmchaser on Sat May 02, 2009 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bezzella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow thats gorgeous! Did you draw that yourself?

I can try but it would be hard to replicate the drawing technique with computer tools.
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezzella wrote:
Oh wow thats gorgeous! Did you draw that yourself?

If not we would need to see a statement from the original artist giving you permission to use it. Artwork is no different from photography...if it isn't expressly copyright free, it can't be used here without permission.
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a friend of mine to draw me up something for my fire pegasus and this is what she sent me. All I need is wings added to it. Anyone?
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drmchaser wrote:
I asked a friend of mine to draw me up something for my fire pegasus and this is what she sent me. All I need is wings added to it. Anyone?

I would request the original artist to then go back and add the wings, as she is the only one permitted to adapt/modify the work. Smile
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has never done wings and doesn't know how, why do you have to keep interfering?? Your making it hard for me to get what I need done.
Bezzella

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kholran, it is not only legal, but perfectly allowed on the site for a person to modify art if permission is given. As far as my knowledge goes, as long as you have permission from the original creator, there is no such thing as a copyright.

If you two can work this out I'd gladly add the wings.
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drmchaser wrote:
She has never done wings and doesn't know how, why do you have to keep interfering?? Your making it hard for me to get what I need done.

I'm "interfering" because I am a game op. It is my job to ensure that copyright laws (and yes, this falls under United States Copyright Law) are followed. If your friend has given you written permission to modify the work then that's fine (please PM me a copy of the email or a scan/photo of a written statement signed by the artist). Otherwise, it is not permitted under US copyright law. You have no idea how many times I've heard the "My friend drew it" line when questioning someone on a photo or piece of art, and it turns out to be a stolen picture. I'm not saying that's the case here, but it IS necessary that we make absolutely sure that you are permitted to alter the original piece of artwork. We are simply doing what US law states is necessary to protect the artist's rights to their own work.

*Edit* Turns out the picture is copyrighted. It is an image from a Magic: The Gathering card, the Nightmare. The artist's signature has been removed. It is not permitted to be used on this or any other Orbis game.
Montanasky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is drmchaser, using my roommates account because Kholran banned me unnecessarily. I did NOT know that picture was stolen, I've never seen it before and I was taking my friends word for it that she drew it, it is not my fault and I don't appreciate being banned over it!
Montanasky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drmchaser again, I e-mailed John and he said that I have not been banned but yet I can't get into my account. It keeps telling me I've been banned. I am waiting for him to get back to me so I can figure out what is going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Artist Alley All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: