Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

$150,000 Prize! Look Here >>>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: $150,000 Prize! Look Here >>> Reply with quote

I've decided to try some thing new and it is a good way for newbies (and long time players) to make a little cash, but it doesn't come free. It's a type of event, but forum only. This one is a dog show "Showmanship Style". If this one goes well, then I may do other types, like "Breeding Class", "Herding", or maybe even "Endurance Racing". But it all depends on this first event... Ok. Here are the entry rules and regulations...

Entry Rules & Regulations:
1. Any dog can enter (In showmanship, breeds, colors, and pedigree don't matter)...
2. The dog must be yours, in your K9 kennel, owned by YOU.
3. You must give an honest entry, no stealing from another player.
4. All entries must be entered by at least the end of April (This may be changed, if I think that there are enough entries to begin).
5. There must be at least 5 entries to compete.
6. You can only enter one animal in this event.

Ok. Now that you have the rules, here is an entry example to show you what you have to do....

Entry Example:

Player Name: Bratterratt
Canine Entry Link: http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=934159
Breed Information: (Here you need to post a paragraph or two about the breed of dog you are entering. You can Google this or whatever, but you cannot steal paragraph from another player who has entered. Remember, this is just a paragraph, you don't need to write a novel or anything, just a little bit of info about the breed.)
Performance: (Now, this is a freestyle showmanship, so you get to write about your performance. You can research this a bit also, and you don't need to make it big and elaborate, just a decent respectful performance. For Example: My well groomed *Vodka* and I entered the ring from the gate. After making a circle with her right at my side, we showed the judge her excellent obedience. We paused for a moment and I almost invisibly asked her to sit with a touch of my hand. She obeyed and after a moment we continued are walk around the ring. After pausing a few more times, we said "goodbye" to the judge and exited the ring.)

Ok. That's all you have to do! Here are some tips on how to choose your animal for the show ring...

Tips:
1. Pick an animal with good stats, the better the stats, the better it will behave in the show ring.
2. Make sure your animal is all the way loyal. If it is just barely purchased, it will not be as loyal.
3. Judges have always preferred purebred dogs to mutts, I'm not saying that that will matter in the end, but it may help.
4. Animals with greater rarities, are favored by judges, so that might help in the final out come!

Ok. Now you all know what to do! You can now enter!

ENTRY FEE: $1,000 playcash (you can send this in by trade!)

Bratterratt Very Happy
P.S. I am the judge, and will not choose a winner based on players.

Last edited by Bratterratt on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll enter!!! (when u finish.)
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. It's finished, now you can enter!

Bratterratt Very Happy
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here goes.

Player Name: Daisy Rabbit Mae
Canine Entry Link: http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=934157
The greyhound is a breed of hunting dog that has been primarily bred for coursing game and racing, but with a recent resurgence of popularity increasingly as a pedigree show dog and family pet. It is a soft and intelligent breed that often becomes attached to its owners. It is the fastest breed of dog. A combination of long, powerful legs, deep chest, flexible spine and slim build allows it to reach speeds of around 70 kilometres per hour (43 mph).
Preformance: *DaisyMae* my sable greyhound and I walked into the show ring, me with a smile on my face because I knew i was with the best dog in the world and *DaisyMae* with a positive attitude! She was ready to win! We walked around the ring, Daisy obediantly smiled as did I at the judge. Then when we finished we lined up obediantly and showed her stuff! The judge called out "SIT!" *DaisyMae* sat. Then the judge softly said good job to *DaisyMae*! Daisy continueusly inpressed the judge till she called out "Bark"! We'd never practiced this before. The judge then started laughing. Well, not one of the dogs barked. Then she said "Sorry I was trying to trick you." Then we walked around the show ring once again when we left, we were the only ones to thank the judge smile and leave.

Hope you like my entry!!!
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just what I'm lookin' for Daisy (Make sure to send in your Entry Fee)! Great Job! I'm looking forward to any other entries!

Bratterratt Very Happy
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i sent it. thanx!
RoseCat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to argue but how can it be a compitions for newbies yet have good stats?

I have only been playing 2 days , I have a dog i would like to enter but there is no way his Strength etc can compete with Daisy Mae (no offense) or any other long time veteran....

Rose
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that the stats are everything. They are nice, but not a necessity to win. For example, a newbie could have a great presentation and have an animal with lesser stats and still win. It just depends on the entire presentation...

Bratterratt Very Happy
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoseCat wrote:
not to argue but how can it be a compitions for newbies yet have good stats?

I have only been playing 2 days , I have a dog i would like to enter but there is no way his Strength etc can compete with Daisy Mae (no offense) or any other long time veteran....

Rose

just train ur animal and enter it anyway, and keep training till each stat reaches NO WAI! This probly won't end for a while will it Bratterratt?
RoseCat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Player Name : Rose Cat
Canine Entry Link:
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=957336

Breed Information:
Originally bred in Africa as hunting dogs; basenjis only recently made it to America. The Basenji is often called a "silent " dog because of its inability to howl. However that name is misleading as the basenji can yodel and talk almost like a human. the breed is known for its intelligence and curiosity. They don't shed and groom themselves like a cat licking their paws and washing themselves. As a result Basenjis only need to be bathed every 2-3 months. Highly social dogs the basenji wants to be involved in everything the family does and will become depressed if they feel left out.They are a combination sight scent and coursing hound. Top speed comes close to that of greyhounds which is amazing for a dog so much smaller.
They have almost no genetic problems. They require a diet much higher in protein then the average dog needing a 80% protein ratio. They cannot eat fish or lamb as their digestive tract can't break it down. When training a basenji you can train it to do anything up to and including using a toilet.Being highly intelligent they often perform without leashes.In my opinion they are the best breed in the world.

Performance
ChestnutFlame walks sedately into the ring with me. His erect ears swivel as his curious eyes take everything in without moving his head. His coat is iridescent from a recent grooming. He heels perfectly without a word issuing from my mouth. As we approach the judges they are shocked that ChestnutFlame has no lead attached to his collar. He is obeying perfectly without restraint. I raise a finger and without me saying a word ChesnutFlame sits down facing the judges. I raise a second finger and he lays down. I raise a third finger and start to walk away while he stays perfectly still. I snap my fingers without looking at him and he rises to his feet and comes to heel beside me. As we make our final pass and he sits for the judges one more time another dog escapes his handler and comes running up begging to play. ChestnutFlame ignores him focused only on the judges and me. As we leave the ring I grin proudly overhearing the judges comments on the amazing obedience of my unleashed dog and the fact that I never said a word to him or the judges.

Hope that works.....

Rose
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose: Perfect! I love your entry!

Daisy: Your right. It won't end for a while. I need at least 5 entries...

Bratterratt Very Happy
RoseCat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love talking about Basenjis... they are the best dog in the world...(in my opinion)

Rose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: