Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

EBA Breeding Stock Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: EBA Breeding Stock Service Reply with quote

Fellow EBA members, I have begun the lengthy process of listing my breeding stock on the "Looking for Something" thread. Here are the rules I'd like us all to observe:

1. KEEP ALL CONVERSATION IN PM'S OR MESSAGES!!!! I would like to keep the thread limited ONLY to EBA members posting which animals they have for stud or broodlease. I will be making up a listing for our sale animals in a separate list with a similar format.

2. Do NOT list animals you don't have permission to sell or list for stud. If you didn't create it and you didn't get permission from the creator to sell, broodlease, or stud out an animal, absolutely DO NOT list it. If I receive a complaint from a creator that there's a violation of this rule of the list and the club, you will be kicked out of the club. No exceptions.

3. Only EBA members are allowed to post, but it is up to each individual player to decide who they will allow their animals to be bred to.

4. Do not post animals/color for stud or broodlease that are on our overpopulated/targeted animals list. That would be rather hypocritical, wouldn't it?!

This is a brand-new endeavor of ours, so let's keep those suggestions coming... but please post them HERE and not on the Stock Service Thread, okay?

Thanks, everyone!

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: EBA Breeding Stock Service Reply with quote

A. L. Aljan wrote:
4. Do not post animals/color for stud or broodlease that are on our overpopulated/targeted animals list. That would be rather hypocritical, wouldn't it?!

I have to debate this point, I'm afraid. I would consider it to be acceptable if the animal was listed at a reasonable price. And if the owner of the animal has the option of only allowing certain people to breed, then it would be possible to limit breeding to only those considered trustworthy enough not to over-breed. Hence the population would still be controlled, without the need to completely ban a variation/colour from being put up for stud/brood.
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! Embarassed Forgot about this post. Misty makes a fine point... perhaps we should edit "SPARINGLY list operpopulated/targeted variations/colors in order to limit overbreeding."

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a little more acceptable, but would it really matter whether there was one stud or fifty of a particular variation so long as they were reasonably priced?

My point is that I think it will be the price of the stud that prevents over-breeding, not the amount of studs available.
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, good point(s)...

However, I need other people to POST THEIR ANIMALS! Currently, the thread contains entries of my unfinished list.

POST, people! I don't want it to look like an ad for my farm alone... I'm trying to help networking folks find eachother!

~ Amanda @ Aljan
mash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the animals have to be posted on this thread? As I can't find it anywhere else Confused
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread was located in "looking for something", but it has probably been buried...

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: