Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Auction Alert
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Auction Alert Reply with quote

Well, folks, I hate to post this here, but I'm not getting a lot of response on the club board.

There's another auction going on that y'all might want to be aware of. I know at least two of our members whose creations are being auctioned right now.

What do we want to do about this?

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although not a member i can guess at what auction it is about, the animals not in the market when i checked them out for bin value so sale is controlled

i know that one of your members? posted elsewhere about creation, however if it is the auction i think it is, its posible that the user was working on the auction post while your member was posting elsewhere (the timeframe from your members post to that of the user is mere 15 min, unless i got wires crossed in my head and saw wrong)

and that the user logged off after posting, and have not been back on to fully check the boards everywhere after. Further unless you make notes then it can be hard to remember things in your hear, however the request was made posible for this reason elsewhere about creators prefrences

so my say would be give some benefit of the doubt and wait for response, there may be a simple missunderstanding in the waters which can still clear up just nicely
Amara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Auction Alert Reply with quote

A. L. Aljan wrote:
Well, folks, I hate to post this here, but I'm not getting a lot of response on the club board.

There's another auction going on that y'all might want to be aware of. I know at least two of our members whose creations are being auctioned right now.

What do we want to do about this?

~ Amanda @ Aljan

And again!!!!!

I sold you an intact WEST HIGHLAND TERRIER < MY creation under the prise you ONLY breed to replace.. and what did you then go and do?. you bred TWO and SOLD them(one was intact might i add), so why should other people keep your variations rare if you cant keep other peoples, the only reason you stoped breeding them was because i confronted you.
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the aim of the club is to work in overall means to better a situation created in the past. I am sure for those older then me and so on, you could keep draging out history back to who knows when, of who did what when, and why, and mistaces and whatnot...however that wont help for the future

so you got two choises, you can let it become between you all, probably with the effect that long term nothing changes

or you can let go of the past, start with new slates and clean papers, and try pulling togheter to change the future, and thus maybe make a change of the future outcome for all of you
Amara

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanitsja wrote:
I think the aim of the club is to work in overall means to better a situation created in the past. I am sure for those older then me and so on, you could keep draging out history back to who knows when, of who did what when, and why, and mistaces and whatnot...however that wont help for the future

so you got two choises, you can let it become between you all, probably with the effect that long term nothing changes

or you can let go of the past, start with new slates and clean papers, and try pulling togheter to change the future, and thus maybe make a change of the future outcome for all of you

Well i accually quit because AJ turned everyone agenst me, i went from being friends with everyone - to having no friends all because i wanted VPC for my animals and nobody was able to buy their animals back.
mash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunatly a lot of this game is about TRUST. If you betray a persons trust then they are NOT going to want any dealings with you. I myself have trusted people in the past and it has been betrayed. I now no longer trust that many people with my creations.

And Tanitsja you are completely correct. This is about CORRECTING past mistakes and trying to get things back on track
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amara, I'm past being tired of the rumors you're spreading. My reputation says enough about the way I treat people here. I'm contacting the mods. now.

~ Amanda @ Aljan
kim112398

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the heck amanda has been nothing but nice to me we had a disagreement but we worked over it and she made me see how who some people treated their animals and I joined her club and now feel better about the game
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well not knowing the details Amara, there are obvious loops unexplained for in that sentance

it sounds like your friends where turned against you you feel unrigthfully, however a true friend cant be turned against you in this way, and well fake friends you are better off without

on the other hand the sentance as it stands also insinuate the posibility that you may have made unreasonable demands, underline the may, the sentance dont say it directly but without further details around it, the option is there that it migth have happened, by potentialy? requesting breeders to buy their aimals back less you sell them to others?

if the later is the case then sorry, but you would then have to at least take part of the blame yourself, as people then would be likely to feel you made demands of them they migth not have agreed on under the treath that if they do not accept that you will break the contract with them.

I do not know you, or anyone else who was involved in this very well, neither do i know what happened here, I am merely trying as an neutral bystanding observanse to help you see what happened in a more clear ligth, either your friends wherent much friends to begin with, or you likely do hold some of the blame for the loss of the friendship yourself. Because like i said to begin with, a true friend do not get turned against you without any reason within the friendship, so either there is a reason, or the friendship aint true...and in that case as said, you havent really lost anything that was worth anything anyhow, if the former is true then the friendship can always be saved if both parts is willing to communicate and solve the issue, being willing to see that they may have to share the error causing it between them, or the one to blame will need to realise this and apologise.

so now you got two choises, you can cut your losses of friends who wasnt really worth it and seek new friendships in hope of finding better friends, or if you realise that you migth have done something that was partly in error, you can apologise for that to your friend and ask that you try to solve things and resume the friendship. Which is the rigth one to do in this case, well that i wouldnt know, as the one holding the answer is you yourself.
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow..... I see there's a real misconception here. Amara you brought trouble on yourself, so grow up and admit the "mistakes" and let go childish grudges. It is time to work to improve things, not dwell on the past. A few things you could do well to remember: all of us made mistakes, and all of us have done things we regret. I could say "even I" but that would sound arrogant and still be self-evident.

I'd like to think we can all work together to make things better, but perhaps I'm too much the optimist. In any case, trust once broken is hard to restore, but that is something so many forget when they demand to be trusted and refuse the same to others.

I just choose to be wary and never sell whole animals to anyone who hasn't sold ME whole back. Ironically it is not just a trust issue, but an insurance policy. (This is the ONLY reason I bought a whole Westie at such a highly inflated price.)

odinsdottir
Jinxx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I remember it Amara, it wasn't A L Aljan, it was your betrayal of many players' trust and your arrogance about the whole situation. Since those players play by 9/10ths trust that's a big thing the slap them in the face over. You only hurt yourself, because it drove those players to form their opinions.

No one can stop you from doing what you want with an animal you now have but if that's how you're going to go remember it works the other way too. Like I stated above, most of the players you're talking about use trust as a better part of their gameplay.
Kiza

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i dont understand it why everyone is sticking up for AJ and everyone is ganging up on amara. After CLEARLY stating to AJ she could only breed to replace (because amara wanted to keep the numbers down) she went a head bred on for her 'fiance' and traded one. WITHOUT permission, there was nothing to do with not trusting these place just the fact that she was told to keep the numbers down and -DIDNT, for for all. its obviouly confusing you. this was long before the auction
Jinxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kiza/Amara/Tyke, when you're not posting from the same IP...

The point being is Amara showed what she says can't be trusted where as AL Aljan has not given any other player reason to say she can't be..all except Amara.. Shocked Do I need to go into that more?
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I aint, I was merely refering to the holes in her post, and giving advice based on the two alternative conclusions that seemed most obvious from the limited info she game. I really dont know anyone here enough to take any sides at all, so i just respond based on situation to situation and how i interpet what is put on the table then and there.
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol jinxx.... no you don't lol..........

And I agree.

odinsdottir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: