Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Game Suggestions (As of June 12, 2008)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Report Bugs Here- thanks!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keema

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A number of breedings set per animal per day would kind of make sense. I mean in real life you have to wait months to breed female animals again so limiting how often a female can be bred would make sense in that light. But that doesn't maintain the same for studs in real life. You could still make there's as a few more then the females per day.

--New suggestion or question... Why do the forums on VHR allow you to create signatures and not the forums on here? Not fair, we are an Orbis game too! Wink
But really I think that would cool if we could have signatures. Not quite as large as some of those over there, I hate to much excessive scrolling, but maybe a size kind of like this:

Or at least no taller then that.
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have signatures here because they don't want to bog down loading time.
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there probably are options if you open up profiles more or install an extra to these forums where people could hatch of for not seeing signatures if they got a slow conection

also you can instate limits to make the sigs rather small, both visual size and real size wise, by not allowing gifs etc...there are things that can be done to keep loading time down

its not imposible its just talk of willingness to work on finding a solution, i know cause it used to be the same on another place i was at for the same reason, where they now have changed it

the few who do have old fashion network turns off the option for seeing sigs all togheter, and the rest enjoys the artwork

another option to make a compromise as i seen this asked for many times by sandbox users is allowing avatars, those you can set a size limit on that the boards will enforse themself without any extra work for the moderators
Jinxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no signatures for a reason..for loading time. That's not per individual, it's for the entire site. They do not want to bog down the site. It's a free game, players have to deal with loosing some things we get with paid for by sponsors orbis games. Wink
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then why do the other forums have sigs?

and dont say because they are sponsored by sponsor acounts, sbf have its own option on that through tokens so sbf players do pay as well Wink

and those other forums dont distinquish on free players and sponsors, anyone can use sig's, i could understand that argument if you had to be a sponsor to use signatures on them but you dont..they dont even uphold sig limit rules there (which surely dont help on the loading time), what about the kennel pages that you also can have on this game packed full of graphics...and in this game not very usefull either, i doubt anyone look much on them at all

fact is there is plenty of places you can cut on loading stuff, and plenty of places there are no limits that will hurt loading time much much more then allowing signatures Wink
Jinxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbf can't hold a candle to what vp and vhr bring in with their sponsors, dyes and other goodies.

It was opted to keep signatures off the forums here. It's been brought up numerous times and we're told no.
SisKate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't see why AE animals can't be on the marketplace, either. They are just like other animals, but only a different rarity.

I for one do NOT want my AEs on the marketplace. I'm sure most players who create them also do not. They are different, they just cost a person a lot of real life money to create, about 3x as much as creating an Endangered variation.[/quote]

I did not mean for sale or stud. I meant just up there like any other animal. I know no one would do that, and I am not stupid, I know how much time and money AE variations cost. I have always dreamed of having one, but I don't have any real money to spend for that. Anyhow, I still think my idea was good. AE animals are the same as any other animal, just a different rarity. I know that no one would put them up for stud or sale.

SsiKate
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um one realistic idea though i got is what about an orbis game wiki, this dont have to be hosted onsite, you can host it at a wiki host as an unofficial wiki blog where users can add stuff, just set it so edits need to be aproved by someone and you avoid spam

this is actualy something players themself could even be in charge of as long as they got the go ahead that the game itself wouldnt mind it..and there seem to be plenty of youths around this interested in puting in some effort so dont see why it couldnt work based on member work power

just something to bring up to those above anyhow, sbf in itself like the other games is a little small to defend a wiki of its own, but one for the whole game spectre could work
Angelicious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One comment, one suggestion...
1. I actually prefer the game without signatures - that's one of the main reasons I'm on SBF as opposed to VHR.

2. When you do a search of your farm, could you make it so you can do a search for animals not/allowed to enter competitions? When entering events, I usually enter them based on their current score and whatnot, and it's kind of annoying having to dig through the animals not allowed to enter to find those who can.
mash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of ideas/suggestions to possibly help with the "overpopulation" numbers. This is all about rewarding players if they do certain things.

1. When steralizing a animal, the owner gets "rewarded" with a certain amount of money, for good breeding practices.

2. (Possible?) IF a animal is steralized then maybe the training stats should increase automatically or somehow it has a better chance of winning competitions.

3. Increase the "Release into the wild" fee. This will encourage players to release unwanted offspring, rather than selling it to people who are going to breed it like crazy.
SisKate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mash wrote:
Couple of ideas/suggestions to possibly help with the "overpopulation" numbers. This is all about rewarding players if they do certain things.

1. When steralizing a animal, the owner gets "rewarded" with a certain amount of money, for good breeding practices.

Good idea and all, but there shouldn't be a reward, people should automatically think about doing good breeding practices anyway, and there doesn't need to be a reward , I don't think.

SisKate
Cecelia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mash: I really don't agree with being rewarded for releasing animals. That would be like being handed 50 dollars in real life for dumping your pet on the side of the road. I know overpopulation is a problem but in real life it is as well so I know this is a game but shouldn't it encourage ethical practices in real life too? (whoa that was a run-on)
Anyways I have a crazy suggestion - When an animal goes to Florida there are no ways to track that animal down. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a sort of cemetery or memorial page for animals that have gone to Florida while you own them? Just a thought...........

Cecelia~thellamallady~
mash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecelia I did NOT say "Reward for releasing" (I believe that already happens?)

But to reward players for STERALIZING. So when you voluntarily steralize a animal on your farm, you will earn so much money for being a responsible pet owner.

VP I believe pay out when you neuter a dog on there, so why not here?
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing i'd really like to see is the ability to trade breedings and rescues in the same way cash and tokens are traded now.
keema

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on the reward for sterilizing and for trading breedings and such.

Here's something I've been thinking about a lot lately. How about adding a page or just a section to the regular farm page where we can place general notes to ourselves? There is the box on each animals page and such I think it would be cool to have a box on the main page, a bigger one of course.

Aaannnddd... It would be absolutely lovely if we had a say in how our animals are listed in there enclosures... Like options to list them by age, gender, species, rarity... Or just customize them by numbering then ourselves if we so care too... Yeah I'd bake a special batch of cookies for anyone that could do that.. -nods, puppy dog eyes-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Report Bugs Here- thanks! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: