Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Game Suggestions (As of June 12, 2008)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Report Bugs Here- thanks!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinxx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Game Suggestions (As of June 12, 2008) Reply with quote

Please do not post game bugs here.

If you made a suggestion in the previous post. It's not been deleted just moved because of it's length. You don't need to post the same suggestion. Wink
Tiger_lily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the aging of animals should be the same no matter how old the animal is. by making them age quick to get them to breedable age you are cutting down the life span of the animal. it is not so bad with the long lived animals like horses and myth but for fish and even dog and wolves who live 6-14 years it makes a difference.

if you have a 5x fair guppy and you try to train it to 5x 129.99 before breeding it then the chance of you being able to do so is very low seeing that it takes a lot of time to max out stats.
mash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger_lily wrote:
i think the aging of animals should be the same no matter how old the animal is. by making them age quick to get them to breedable age you are cutting down the life span of the animal. it is not so bad with the long lived animals like horses and myth but for fish and even dog and wolves who live 6-14 years it makes a difference.

if you have a 5x fair guppy and you try to train it to 5x 129.99 before breeding it then the chance of you being able to do so is very low seeing that it takes a lot of time to max out stats.

I must admit, that's something that could be potentially annoying, however I find it challenging. With the right breeding programme EVENTUALLY you will get a well trained offspring which will not take so long to train. It's all about patience though lol
Tiger_lily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I must admit, that's something that could be potentially annoying, however I find it challenging. With the right breeding programme EVENTUALLY you will get a well trained offspring which will not take so long to train. It's all about patience though lol

all true but when you are the only breeder for that animal (guppies) and you only option is to buy a foundation pair to get new blood then it is rough. i know i have been the main breeder of brilliant color cobra guppies since the start of the game almost. and it just gets tiring sometimes when you have to spend a few million for a stud fee on a badly or not trained stud then they go to florida before you can max them out.

or buy tokens either 300 or 450 for a end/end pair that will most likely never reach 5x 129.99 or even close. i pride myself on having very well trained animals, but it is a light disheartening when i see a great animal not reach their full potential. (ya i know it is just a game but i like to be the best and have the best i can)
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have the lifespan of an animal added to the species id page? ie: this page Lifespan is something I need to look up quite often but rather than just clicking on the Species Name link on my animal's page to find out this info I have to go through a more roundabout route by clicking on Species Details in the menu on the left of the page then looking up the animal in the table.
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know misty which why i got a list hanging on my wall where i sorted each enclosure into a route, with the animals in there and their max age, for all the enclosure types i keep Wink
Tiger_lily

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any way to add commas to prices? or at least a are you sure..... page for when you purchase/stud animals?

it can be a little hard on the eyes after count the zeros and such on prices after a while.
keema

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to second the comma thing for all cash amounts.

And... There has to be a an easier way to do contracts. Maybe like a bulk contract possibility? Like a list of all your animals on your farm and you can just click a box for the ones to make contracts for and enter amounts instead of doing it one at a time and going through two pages just to do it?

A way to bulk accept contracts would be nice too. I do training and sometimes I get over 50+ animals sent to me on contracts and having to accept them all one at a time takes forever.
Angelicious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could there be some way for a stallion's page to show when his offspring are going to be born? I only want my studs to have so many offspring, but it gets kind of confusing with how many they've had, especially with animals that take longer to give birth. I was thinking there could be basically the same information listed for a female on his page or under the list of his offspring. -shrug-

The comas and the contracts would be awesome, too. Smile (On that, maybe there could be a way to set up a contract on the animal's page for unnamed animals?)
SisKate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few ideas that would make the game even better and more fun than it already is ~

I think that it shouldn't cost so much to make clubs or new variations. We should lower the token price for AE to a lower price, and I think to create a club, you shouldn't have to pay, you should be a member for a year or so in order to do that.

There should be a limit to how much you breed a stud or a brood. I have seen a few players that have animals with around 130 offspring, it is a ridiculously HUGE number. Some of them are my creations, and it is very upsetting to see this happen.

Other players that have a breed another player created should have a limited number of breedings for that animal.

On the animals page, it should say near the bottom who created the variation or color, to give the creator some credit Very Happy

We should organize a few players to make a fun newsletter every couple of weeks to inform new players, give a few tips, advertise some animals (it would cost players, and it would be minimum count, as well) for stud or sale, advertise new variations that are being made, player SBF birthdays, a giveaway contest, news about other fun stuff... IDK, kinda corny, but I know some would really like my idea!

Like Virtual Horse Ranch, farms should have free permanent brands that are stationary on the animals' page, so we don't have to include it in their name.

I think that two or more animals should be able to be named the same thing (ie. Cody the Pig and Cody the Dinosaur) so we don't have to switch lettering or so. I know we wouldn't have as much variety of names, but that doesn't really matter.

I don't see why AE animals can't be on the marketplace, either. They are just like other animals, but only a different rarity. And also, when we select the option, take off marketplace, it doesn't really, it just says on the marketplace "not for sale". I think that should be changed, too.

Every ranch should specialize in one to as many animals as they do. We should have a special place to search. If I was looking for a ranch that specialized (or created the variation/color) in a certian animal, breed, color, or detail, I could just search and find some multiple number of ranches that specialize in what I'm looking for. This way, I wouldn't have to spend the time to create a topic, post it saying that I'm looking for this and this, and wait for a few responses. It wouldn't be keeping people from buying animals, it would just be a more simplified way of getting exactly what you need, only a little bit faster.

Oh, I could go on all day with these ideas, but I'd better stop here. I hope someone likes some of my ideas! I can be a bit of a chatterbox, though

SisKate Laughing
Jinxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SisKate wrote:
Just a few ideas that would make the game even better and more fun than it already is ~

I think that it shouldn't cost so much to make clubs or new variations. We should lower the token price for AE to a lower price, and I think to create a club, you shouldn't have to pay, you should be a member for a year or so in order to do that.

I don't see a problem with the cost of the tokens it takes to make clubs/new variations. The purchase of tokens is the way SBF can keep running and remain free to play for it's players. So to compensate not spending real life money on tokens because you don't need as many to create something are they to start charging players to play? Smile

Quote:
There should be a limit to how much you breed a stud or a brood. I have seen a few players that have animals with around 130 offspring, it is a ridiculously HUGE number. Some of them are my creations, and it is very upsetting to see this happen.

Actually I think it should cost to breed..and if not to breed then for animals to give birth If not all species/variations then at least player made ones.

Quote:
Other players that have a breed another player created should have a limited number of breedings for that animal.

Something should be done so animals are harder to breed/produce a ton of in a few days.

Quote:
On the animals page, it should say near the bottom who created the variation or color, to give the creator some credit Very Happy

I was just thinking this. It should also say on the foundaiton pair creation page (before you click that variation to import) the player number of the creator.

Quote:
We should organize a few players to make a fun newsletter every couple of weeks to inform new players, give a few tips, advertise some animals (it would cost players, and it would be minimum count, as well) for stud or sale, advertise new variations that are being made, player SBF birthdays, a giveaway contest, news about other fun stuff... IDK, kinda corny, but I know some would really like my idea!

Anyone is welcome to contribute to the contributions board. No reason one can't message new players and let them know the board is there and/or offer help too.

Quote:
Like Virtual Horse Ranch, farms should have free permanent brands that are stationary on the animals' page, so we don't have to include it in their name.

We're suppose to have them. When SBF opened Nef asked for contributions for brands. Not sure where there's going.

Quote:
I think that two or more animals should be able to be named the same thing (ie. Cody the Pig and Cody the Dinosaur) so we don't have to switch lettering or so. I know we wouldn't have as much variety of names, but that doesn't really matter.

Names can't be the same on any orbis game. Easier to keep track of animals if there aren't a zillion the same too.

Quote:
I don't see why AE animals can't be on the marketplace, either. They are just like other animals, but only a different rarity. And also, when we select the option, take off marketplace, it doesn't really, it just says on the marketplace "not for sale". I think that should be changed, too.

I for one do NOT want my AEs on the marketplace. I'm sure most players who create them also do not. They are different, they just cost a person a lot of real life money to create, about 3x as much as creating an Endangered variation.

Last edited by Jinxx on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 i do not understand what is ment with AE's not being in the marketplace, last i checked you could search them just as much as others in the marketplace, less there have been a rescent change

2 again it should cost more to import someone elses creation, and they should be compensated more, i said this before as well, the game would make more money, and after X amount of others importing it the player should be almost fully compensated as if the animal was game made instead. Either that or not posible to import others creation.

3 No need to set a cost on breeding, it will damage the ones who are allowed to breed as well, instead instate a breeding limit that the creator can insert in an animal, upon which at sale say an animal can only produce one live offspring, code it so that if an offspring is released without breeding its considered dead, and the parent animal can rebreed (so that if the offspring is missbreed, you can try again), make it so that offspring of an animal limited inherit the limit of its parent

thus making it posible to sell an animal with replacement rigth without making it posible for the buyer to reproduce for sale (if they sell the offspring they loose the chanse to replace their own)

you could even insert a code that said the number of whole and sterille animals that could be produced, this could be done by saying 1 whole 2 sterille, which means you can produce 3 offspring, but the moment you breed one, the other 2 automaticaly get sterilised by linking offspring of limited parents to read eachothers codes

yes it would demand a complicated code, but for a game like this you already need complicated coding so those behind it are people good at their stuff, and it shouldnt be imposible for them to creat hatches
Angelicious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about instead of paying to breed or having a set-in-stone breeding limit for player-made variations, how about when they sell their creations they can have an 'unlimited breeding' option, or when someone wants to breed them, the creator needs to somehow accept? Maybe that on top of a breeding limit or paying for it, in case someone quits - so you can still have a chance of replacing it? I don't know... Just tossing out ideas. ^^
Tiger_lily

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would be better if a system like VHR has would be set in place. a set number of breeding for an animal for a "day" or something of that kind. part of the problem had been that when players left the game with studs up, when inflation hits the stud price was still the same.

though most of that is fixed with the new system that removes animals from the market every month. the damage was already done. i believe most of the problem with overbreeding is not really over breeding. a lot of the problem is due to a large number of players leaving with farms full of animals. the inexperienced players trying to make it to the top quick just compound the problem by breeding and trying to sell offspring. though as a side note the offspring found on the animals bloodline page includes those released.

though it would help some if there was a limit of some kind in place to keep studs from being breed over 10 or so time a day.
Jinxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanitsja wrote:
3 No need to set a cost on breeding, it will damage the ones who are allowed to breed as well, instead instate a breeding limit that the creator can insert in an animal, upon which at sale say an animal can only produce one live offspring, code it so that if an offspring is released without breeding its considered dead, and the parent animal can rebreed (so that if the offspring is missbreed, you can try again), make it so that offspring of an animal limited inherit the limit of its parent

They wont do that it's why creator's wishes can't be set in stone. We can ask players to follow what we want but they can't be forced to. That's why others have spoken about the game charging to breed. Think of it more like 'all vet costs rolled into one' one would encounter during responsible breeding in real life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Report Bugs Here- thanks! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: