Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

NEW CLUB! The Aljan Farms' Ethical Breeders Association
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Tanitsja. Yes this club is still up and running (if rather slowly) I think I'm possibly the only one still activley purchasing overbred animals and messaging people.

Good suggestion on the fund raiser auctions etc, the only problem is that while people are STILL selling these animals for ridiculously low prices, no one is gonna want to pay what they are really worth.

This is what most of the battle is about. Trying to educate people. But any suggestions are greatley appreciated. Thanks
Tanitsja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nods and you shouldnt be selling the variations you try to rescue

however you can sell sterille animals of other variarities that are generaly hard to get at

and as said other services like art and whatnot, specialy on like VP where they pay more, and then just exchange the money from vp to sbf for usage

this can be as simply done as hosting a tread in artist now and again asking them to contribute things, and then when a piece is sold give feedback on said tread with info to the artist
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see the overpopulated animal thread for an update and to help me with the final draft of a form letter I want to make available.

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Amara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up, theres a Shagya Arabian (odinsdottir's creation) on the stud market for $70
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bumping this because it deserves to be bumped up, so as other new players may see it.

=]
Alima

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a new club member. In fact I am very new to SBF. Only been here since 29th January 2009, I think. What can I do to help?

I have already been:

Sterilizing overpopulated animals and releasing most of them.
Being extrememly picky on which animals I breed.
Buying a few low cost overpopulated ones and releasing them.

What else can I do please? Thanks. Very Happy
Sleek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey I was just thinking that maybe we could do a fundraiser where we sell sterilized animals to good homes and use the money to either create new breeds or buy overpopulated animals and release them.
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Sleek. There used to be a really great club called the "Creator's Club" that used to do just this sort of thing, but interest waned and the club disbanded... hard to say exactly why (I think there were multiple factors). However, if the EBA wanted to take on a side joint-creation project, I certainly wouldn't have any objections and would help as much as I could.

I can't vouch for everyone, but I'm strapped for tokens at this moment, as I'm working on a joint project with a friend, so my first piece of advice for creating a variation or species right now would be to have patience!

What do we think, members?

~ Aamnda @ Aljan
Sleek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that is a good idea.
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need help. i have been talking to a player who insists that they are helping noobs by overbreeding end animals and selling them to the noobs cheap they refuse to believe that by overbreeeding, they kill the value, and make the animal have no value and totally useless, even to noobs. what do i do? i own several of the breeds htey are overbreeding. im losing money :/
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*~Trent~* wrote:
i need help. i have been talking to a player who insists that they are helping noobs by overbreeding end animals and selling them to the noobs cheap they refuse to believe that by overbreeeding, they kill the value, and make the animal have no value and totally useless, even to noobs. what do i do? i own several of the breeds htey are overbreeding. im losing money :/

There isn't much you can do. If you continue to message them about it, and they report, it may be considered harassment and you may find yourself censured by admin Wink If someone else joins you in messaging them about it and they are reported, they may find themselves talking to an admin. Once a player owns an animal, it is theirs to breed as much as they want.

No animal has no value on SBF. Each one adds to a farm's prestige. If it's a color/breed a player doesn't already have, no matter if it's "overbred" or overpopulated, it still adds prestige for that player.

I would suggest that you try to expand the different types of animals you own, vary them as much as possible so that if someone does start "overbreeding" something you have, it won't break your bank. Game money is easy to make by exams and the more different kinds of animals you have, the more money you make.
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes well, this being the DONT OVERBREED club i htought i might as well post it.
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason this "club" is allowed to stay is because it's about promoting awareness of overbreeding and its members agree to not overbreed. If a member of the club is overbreeding by the club's standards, you are welcome to remove them from the club (if that's possible).

You have raised awareness by messaging the player. If they do not wish to believe you, then that's all you can do. The admin will not tolerate any club or the members of any club using their ideals to witch hunt or go vigilante on players who do not agree with them. This club and any other club has no power or jurisdiction over players who are not members.

I'm not going to post again on this thread, if I can help it, since it is a club thread. However, I am serious about not using the club to harass people who do not believe the same as the club. You are welcome to message players, but don't harass them. Harassing them would be any time we might get a report after they've responded or not responded and you (as a club) continue to message them about the issue, so walk carefully.

Think about how you would feel if someone kept messaging you telling you you should breed your AE animals and release them to the public. I'm sure you would want admin to step in and stop the messages. You might also read the club's own FAQs.
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: