Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

OPINIONS FROM CREATORS CLUB MEMBERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to organise a SBF monopoly! i need some feedback though...

so what prices (or range of prices) should i set for everything? So how many tokens should the Genetics lab cost? What about the Rodent Cage? How much play cash should you receive when you pass GO?
should the purchase of houses/hotels be in tokens or cash or both? remember that these will be both bought and sold from the bank.

*edited to remove some questions that i managed to answer myself, plus add a few new ones*
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what prices (or range of prices) should i set for everything?What about like 5 tokens as the entry fee.
So how many tokens should the Genetics lab cost?200 tokens?
What about the Rodent Cage?Sence(sp) it is a starter building how about like 15 tokens?
How much play cash should you receive when you pass GO?10k?(I'm cheap, lol)
should the purchase of houses/hotels be in tokens or cash or both?I say if we want to raise tokens, then purchase in tokens.(remember that these will be both bought and sold from the bank.)

I'd be happy to help you orginize this. I think it is a great idea.
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how about this...
the cheapest enclosure is 15 tokens, the most expensive is 200. no entry fee, since it might complicate matters too much if we implement some of the other ideas i'm working on. houses are 5 tokens each along the first side of the board, 10 along the 2nd, 15 on the 3rd, 20 on the 4th.

does 200 tokens sound too much for the most expensive enclosure? this would mean spending a minimum of 475 tokens in order to get a hotel on the most expensive enclosure. not many people have that much to spend. would 150 be more appropriate for the most expensive enclosure? 100 even? ...to encourage more players who don't have tons of tokens

10k seems a bit cheap for passing go. according to the monopoly board i'm looking at, passing GO gets you $200 monopoly money, but buying the most expensive street/enclosure costs $400. so if we go with the above figures, and a token exchange rate of 1 token = 200k playcash, we should be looking at 20 mill for passing GO. hmm... that seems a tad expensive. maybe make it 1 mill? too high? too low? give me some feedback here...
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1mill sounds good,...

but what would happen if the other player land on one of the bought area's??

Also what would we give them if they buy an enclosure.... an animal?? Cash??? hmm....

might need some more thinking
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i'm considering now is an enclosure price range of 15 - 100 tokens. 20 - 135 tokens is also a possibility. let me know which one you think is more appropriate.
although this will mean less cost per enclosure, it will mean more enclosures sold, thus most probably resulting in a higher income for the Club.

If a player landed on an enclosure owned by another player they would have to pay a certain amount of play cash to that player. as in normal monopoly, this quantity would depend on how many houses it had and such. i will adjust this quantity proportionally according to prices in a normal monopoly game. i'll judge this based on what the GO salary is. for example, in a normal game you get $200 for passing GO, and earn $2000 with a hotel on the most expensive street. so in our game you would get $1mill for passing GO, and therefore $10mill with a hotel on the Genetics Lab.

if they buy an enclosure they wouldn't receive anything except the enclosure. the incentive for people to buy enclosures is to help them win the game, which by doing so would earn them a collection of good animals (prizes will be offered for the other placings as well). along the way they would also earn an income since they receive playcash when players land on their enclosures, and can potentially earn cash and/or tokens if they sell enclosures to other people. the price they sell their enclosures for would be negotiated by the players involved, it does not necessarily have to be the price that a player initially bought it for.

Last edited by Misty Glen on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty Glen wrote:
what i'm considering now is an enclosure price range of 15 - 100 tokens. 20 - 135 tokens is also a possibility. let you know which one you think is more appropriate.
although this will mean less cost per enclosure, it will mean more enclosures sold, thus most probably resulting in a higher income for the Club.

If a player landed on an enclosure owned by another player they would have to pay a certain amount of play cash to that player. as in normal monopoly, this quantity would depend on how many houses it had and such. i will adjust this quantity proportionally according to prices in a normal monopoly game. i'll judge this based on what the GO salary is. for example, in a normal game you get $200 for passing GO, and earn $2000 with a hotel on the most expensive street. so in our game you would get $1mill for passing GO, and therefore $10mill with a hotel on the Genetics Lab.

if they buy an enclosure they wouldn't receive anything except the enclosure. the incentive for people to buy enclosures is to help them win the game, which by doing so would earn them a collection of good animals (prizes will be offered for the other placings as well). along the way they would also earn an income since they receive playcash when players land on their enclosures, and can potentially earn cash and/or tokens if they sell enclosures to other people. the price they sell their enclosures for would be negotiated by the players involved, it does not necessarily have to be the price that a player initially bought it for.
hm...I agree, but I was wondering, what about the player at the end with the most enclosers, and money, and or the player who spent the most tokens, gets like say 1 hard to get AE dontated by someone from the Club, and like 3 hard to get End. animals donated again by some players from the Club. What do you think?
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suppose we could have several prizes given out which have nothing to do with who won, came 2nd, etc. i'm gong to concentrate on the set-up of the game though, and let odin work out the prizes and such.

also, i've just finished finalising the board, as well as the property, chance & community chest cards, and have now uploaded them, which is the entire graphical side of things done. all we need to do now is to sort out how the game itself is run.

so that means prizes, rules, instructions, stuff like that.

should we start advertising for players now?
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll do some advertising, what about a banner? We could post up somthing in the Contests and Comunity form and post the banner, as well as a preview of the board. What do you think?
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll just make a post somewhere detailing what the game is, how it'll be played and what you can win. i won't worry about a banner since we already have a board.
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, is there anything that you need help with?
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest I can't think of anything. If you have any suggestions by all means let me know, though. Other than that I think things are pretty much covered.

By the way, I made the post. If you want to play SBF Monopoly, you can register your interest here:
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17269
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: