Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

OPINIONS FROM CREATORS CLUB MEMBERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Des_and_Tay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to think outside the box-
only problem is, it's a really big box. Everything seems to have been thought of- Confused
We need something really new and...exciting that people will WANT to bid on.
Put on your thinking caps-
it'll pop up in no time. Cool
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goku-san wrote:
Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:
Art auctions sound good. People are always looking for art. Perhaps different artists will donate an art slot or something like that.
Yeah, also what about somthing like gather a few artist from our club and see what we can do together that would be customizable(sp), becuase I do photo edits and backgrounds(merged).

hmm...like one big collaboration piece?
Yes and no, I was thinking, like several peices, such as one artist draws like say the lineart for a horse, one colors the lineart, and one does the background and text for the pic.
milon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about some sort of game?
Each move you take on the board you have to pay a small fee?

I need to work out details and things, I'll get back to you...
Goku-san

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:
Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:
Art auctions sound good. People are always looking for art. Perhaps different artists will donate an art slot or something like that.
Yeah, also what about somthing like gather a few artist from our club and see what we can do together that would be customizable(sp), becuase I do photo edits and backgrounds(merged).

Yes and no, I was thinking, like several peices, such as one artist draws like say the lineart for a horse, one colors the lineart, and one does the background and text for the pic.

That's what I was saying..you have several people working on the same pic..or however many would be in the auction.
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm grateful for all input.... and hopeful that YOU for whom the club exists will be the instigators of the next step we take in our drive to raise funds.

THANK YOU

odinsdottir
greenpen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goku-san wrote:
Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:
Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:

That's what I was saying..you have several people working on the same pic..or however many would be in the auction.

That sounds like a really good idea!
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the art idea sounded good, but I really see a lot of potential for Kat66's idea of the game.

Paying a set amount for every move you have to make would be a good idea, but we could equally have something like SandBoxFarm Monopoly where all money you have to pay to the 'bank' really goes to the C-Club. Except it would be in tokens, not play cash. A player 'loses' or 'becomes bankrupt' at the point where they either run out of cash/tokens or decide they no longer wish to spend any more on the game. After that they are out of the game and cannot buy back in.

If we had SBF Monopoly we could have enclosures instead of streets.

And when a player lands on an enclosure owned by another player they would have to pay cash to that player, and this would be the incentive for people to play. Last player standing could also get a whole bunch of animals that have been donated to the C-Club.

Not sure how we could roll the dice though. Maybe have a Game Master, eg: Odin, who both runs the bank and rolls the dice for everyone.

Gosh, I'm getting really excited by this idea! *runs off to start designing the board*
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty, i think that is a

FABULOUS IDEA!!! THIS COULD ATTRACT HEAPS OF PEEPS!!!

It might boost up our tokens!!
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, it's official. i have far too much time on my hands. i designed a SBF Monopoly board.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/falling_star38/Monopoly/SBF-Monopoly.jpg
All images were obtained from either SBF or a free clip-art site.
I haven't got prices on anything yet. since i don't actually know whether there is even going to be a SBF monopoly, i'm not going to add any of the finer detail yet.
everything is edit-able, so if anything needs changing I can do it pretty quickly.
and if someone can think up some better names for the railways or utilities, please let me know.

Last edited by Misty Glen on Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
mash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, that is fantastic Misty.
And I think it would be a great Idea,

How about this....(embelishing on the idea)
You have to pay x amount of tokens to be in the game (which all go to the creators club)
Then the game is played as normal via trades etc.
The winner then has to give a percentage of their winnings to the club.
What do you think?

I personally like the idea of a monopoly game and if I had enough tokens at the time would definatly enter Very Happy
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goku-san wrote:
Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:
Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:

Oh, ok, sorry.
milon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O
Glad I could be of some assistance, and I love that board you put together, Misty!~
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Misty! That is sooo amazing! I love it!
MCM_Raine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty Glen wrote:
ok, it's official. i have far too much time on my hands. i designed a SBF Monopoly board.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/falling_star38/SBF-Monopoly.jpg
All images were obtained from either SBF or a free clip-art site.
I haven't got prices on anything yet. since i don't actually know whether there is even going to be a SBF monopoly, i'm not going to add any of the finer detail yet.
everything is edit-able, so if anything needs changing I can do it pretty quickly.
and if someone can think up some better names for the railways or utilities, please let me know.

I love the board & the idea. I would definitely participate in that!
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what I appreciate most? That this is YOUR doing not mine...... Misty.... I would love being banker..... but this is YOUR idea..... RUN WITH IT GIRL.......

Just because I was the one who literally made the club doesn't mean you cannot organise you're own fund raising ideas. Just because Jinxx paid half the fee to make the club doesn't mean only she or I must arrange the fund raising activities.

HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and my sincerest admiration to you all for working together.

odinsdottir
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: