Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

OPINIONS FROM CREATORS CLUB MEMBERS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: OPINIONS FROM CREATORS CLUB MEMBERS Reply with quote

Each auction has grossed less and less for the club. For this reason I'm unsure what to do. I cannot keep running auctions where more than half the lots don't even reach half way to the reserves. This is YOUR club... Tell me what YOU want me to do.

odinsdottir
Silversketches

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

I think alot of people are working on their own projects, so they don't really want to spend 50 Million or half their tokens, unless of course it's a variation that they'd DIE to get, [which I've seen before]...

...Maybe that's the problem? I know I would bid, but I'm in that situation...

=)

Hopefully that helped...a bit atleast? =P
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already messaged you with a few ideas, but I'll post them here so everyone else can see them.

Idea #1 was to have a 'Mystery Auction' as these have always worked well in the past. So basically there's a whole series of boxes or something filled with donations from C-Club members that people can bid on. The contents of the boxes won't be revealed until the auction is complete, although I suppose people could take an educated guess at the contents by reading the C-Club Donations thread. Maybe you could have themed boxes, eg: felines (which could be a collection of cats, cats (small wild), cats (savannah), lions, tigers, lynxes, cougars, jaguars, etc, etc, etc), birds, ungulates (anything with hooves), canines, water beasts & fish, and so on. Or themes based on enclosure. Or various other things like that. And you could use the theme as a rather loose classification of what could go in the box that way there's a few surprises in there. So for example, the bird themed box could include an archaeopteryx, which is technically a dinosaur, albeit a feathered one.

Idea #2 was to have a raffle. Each ticket would be a relatively low amount of tokens, say 10 tokens, and people would be able to buy as many tickets as they liked. The prizes would be a collection of animals and such donated to the C-Club. The benefit of a raffle would be that people who don't have many tokens could participate, because, let's face it, not many people can afford to spend 250 tokens on an animal they like, yet a lot of people have a very small quantity of tokens that they could spend on one or two tickets.
I know I've often drooled over some of the animals in past auctions knowing I could never afford to bid above their reserve, but if a mere 10 tokens would give me a chance at owning that animal, I'd spend them in a flash.
I would recommend you offer consolation prizes though, that way everyone who buys a ticket still gets something. A lot of people might still be a bit hesitant at handing out 10 tokens if they're not going to get something back.
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty Glen wrote:
A lot of people might still be a bit hesitant at handing out 10 tokens if they're not going to get something back.

I like the idea #2 most, but it seemed like there were enough leftovers for everyone to get something...
milon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I should be suggesting things, but I want to say something.

Misty, most of the time when people bid on a certain number that contains several GOOD QUALITY animals, you don't often get what they're worth. I mean, when I did the crates they should have gone more than 15 million seeing as there was at LEAST one ALMOST EXTINCT animal and SEVERAL rare Ends. 10 tokens isn't enough, in my opinion. And that way, things would also lose value and be sold dirt cheep. Which means projects won't move along as quickly if it takes five GOOD animals to make TEN tokens. Do you see my point?

As for a suggestion...I'll get back to you. I want to find something that doesn't have any loop holes, you know?

-Kat
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrm, good point Kat, but I don't think that they would lose quality too much because most were sterile...
milon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't matter. An AE that hasn't become overpopulated is well worth more than ten tokens, no offence. It takes 2000 of those suckers to make two of 'em, why should on be bought for only 10?
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand, but nobody buys the animal anymore unless it is whole. And then there would be so many, they really would all be worth next to nothing.
*sigh*
Misty Glen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat66 wrote:
Misty, most of the time when people bid on a certain number that contains several GOOD QUALITY animals, you don't often get what they're worth. I mean, when I did the crates they should have gone more than 15 million seeing as there was at LEAST one ALMOST EXTINCT animal and SEVERAL rare Ends. 10 tokens isn't enough, in my opinion. And that way, things would also lose value and be sold dirt cheep. Which means projects won't move along as quickly if it takes five GOOD animals to make TEN tokens. Do you see my point?

Kat66 wrote:
That doesn't matter. An AE that hasn't become overpopulated is well worth more than ten tokens, no offence. It takes 2000 of those suckers to make two of 'em, why should on be bought for only 10?

I think you might have misinterpreted what I said. My two ideas were completely separate and weren't meant to be combined.
Idea #1 was an auction similar to the current C-Club auctions, but with a few small differences.
Idea #2 was a raffle, as in a contest, where the winner would receive some good animals, probably including an AE. Other places would also probably receive a prize, but every place would not receive an AE. (Chances are only 1st, and maybe 2nd place would involve an AE, depending on how big the raffle was.)

Paying 10 tokens would not guarantee you would get an AE, merely give you a chance at winning it. And if the raffle was selling a minimum of, say, 100 tickets, it would still raise sufficient tokens to cover the costs of the animals in the prizes. The difference being that it is through many people contributing a small amount, rather than a few people contributing a large amount.
Since the same amount of AEs would be involved, and the same amount of tokens would be raised in the raffle as in an auction where all the AE's reserves were met, this would not cheapen the value of the animals.
People would most definitely not be buying an AE for 10 tokens.
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about auctioning off them in like "eggs", and pick a few people that dontated end. and up animals from a hat, and have those people make up a theme for one of five eggs, and you or someone else can help you bundle up the donated animals in an egg and have the eggs "hatch" on certain dates. Also what about doing like some art type auctions, or poem auctions to raise tokens for the club.
Goku-san

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art auctions sound good. People are always looking for art. Perhaps different artists will donate an art slot or something like that.
MCM_Raine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know ... the ideas already mentioned have all been reasonable and worth a try ... but I know that I myself only have a total of 60 tokens & unless I purchase some with game money, I won't be getting any more any time soon ... Also, I personally just didn't see much that I was willing to spend my tokens on in the last auction (which was the only auction I actually had tokens for) ... But that could just be because if I spend the only tokens I have, I want it to be something really awesome...
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goku-san wrote:
Art auctions sound good. People are always looking for art. Perhaps different artists will donate an art slot or something like that.
Yeah, also what about somthing like gather a few artist from our club and see what we can do together that would be customizable(sp), becuase I do photo edits and backgrounds(merged).
Goku-san

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:
Yeah, also what about somthing like gather a few artist from our club and see what we can do together that would be customizable(sp), becuase I do photo edits and backgrounds(merged).

hmm...like one big collaboration piece?
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goku-san wrote:
Cowgirls Rule wrote:
Goku-san wrote:

hmm...like one big collaboration piece?

I don't think artists should do one big piece because there are the different styles of the artist and different styles the buyers like, if there are a bunch of different styles, you would attract many different buyers.

But anyways, I like tis idea, and would be glad to help out with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Club Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: