Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

My rabbit may be pregnant!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecelia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: My rabbit may be pregnant! Reply with quote

Ok as many of you know,I recently adopted a little doe at a tack auction! She has been putting on a lot of weight since she has been with us. I thought that she was just getting bigger because she is growing. But she has tight little pouches on the side of her stomach.Her teats have been getting considerably larger and she has been trying to pull out her hair for the last two days. I'm not sure if she is having a phantom pregnancy or if she is really expecting. She has not been with a male rabbit since we got her so she would have to have been pregnant before.We have had her for about three weeks and I know that their gestation preiod is 31 days. So I guess I will know soon enough. If anybody has any advice on how to help expectant mothers or precautions to take with her or her babies please post here! Smile
Kholran
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rabbit.org/care/babies.html part of http://rabbit.org Great site for advice. They're the top organization in the country for the care of house rabbits.

Don't forget to get her spayed and him neutered (as well as all of the babies) or else you'll quickly find your rabbit population out of control and unmanageable. Believe me, there are too many unwanted and mistreated rabbits out there already.
mash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great advice from Kholran.

Don't forget though that rabbits can hold their young for a VERY long time if they feel threatened, so make sure she is stress free, so as not to delay the birth. Very Happy
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congats! Do you know how old she is? If she is too younge and just a baby herself, she may have quite a bit of a problem giving birth and caring for them. Yes, even though it costs a fortune to spay them, it is best for it to be done, because your house will soon belong to the rabbits if you don't! Laughing
Cecelia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies everybody!
Chilly Girl: We think that she only about five months old! Hopefully she doesn't have too much trouble.
We are planning on keeping a female so Sugarbaby will have some company. I have one of my friends that will take a male and another one of my friends that might be able to keep one too. Sugar has been a little bit more spassy lately but she still acts energetic. She doesn't run arounf quite as much as she used to but she seems happy. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: