Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

||Wolves||

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: ||Wolves|| Reply with quote

Just thought I'd share, was looking for ideas about what animals/variations I wanted to create...and came upon these facts;

The Mackenzie Valley Wolf is actually of Least concern, however on SBF, it's AE. Here's the proof xP

Now, the Mexican Wolf, whom is listed as Overpopulated on SBF, is actually nearly extinct. Here's the proof xP

The Tundra Wolf here is Threatened, while in real life, it's of least concern. -x-

The Timber wolf, labelled as Rare (or extremely rare) which is in fact, Endangered. -x-

haha, sorry! This wasn't meant to offend anyone or anything... o_o;
Jinxx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't create variations based on real life rarity. So I don't care what they are. When I make them I make what I want. Though in hind site I'd have made every color/variation/detail AE to avoid things being a dime a dozen. Wink
Chilly Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is rather strange...it is something I have thought about before, but not really lingered on, by the way, does it really matter? I always try to make things as rare as possible, because of course I want them to be worth something! Very Happy
odinsdottir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I choose what to make.... I pick a species, then search wikipaedia for the ones that are rarest or extinct. For some species there are none.... or they're already in the game, so then I look for subspecies which are rare lol. That is when I am deliberately trying to make something real but have comparable rarety on SBF. The dwarf elephant, for instance, is extinct..... but the canna wood mouse is not.... thanks to mankind's intervention.

Then there are what I call my serious got-to-makes..... the real animals or myths that demand I make them lol.... These I keep as rare as I can just so they retain value.

Then the last category.... the jokes: these are alway below thr in rarety on here, but may or may not be based on the real animal. Scrooge McDuck is one example, Gingerbread Goose another.

odinsdottir
milon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no, of course it doesn't matter!

I was just on a rather massive hunt (I've got TONS of variation ideas now, all scribbled on a piece of paper) and found those facts out. so, it doesn't matter in the least.

But, I usually try to make vriations coordinated to real life animal status'. Like, the NG Singing dog is extremely rare in real life, my bison are only exotic because I didn't have enough tokens to make them a higher rarity (-sigh-), my owls are the right rarity, along with my king cheetahs. Lol, so, I'm more realistic, so, really, it's all just dependant on the variation creators likes (:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: