Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

I feel like crying because...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LouLou07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: I feel like crying because... Reply with quote

Well my dad picked me up from horse riding, and had parked the wrong way so we had to go up the road to the turning point. When we got there I saw a wild rabbit in the middle of the road, it was moving around a bit but didn't run away. So I asked my dad if I could take it home and take it to the RSPCA and he said no. I decided to at least make it move out of the road and onto the grass. It wasn't putting any weight on its right hind leg, probably broke it. So I got it to limp onto the grass and now I'm upset about it, especially as I could have helped it.
mash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thats terrible LouLou. Maybe your Dad didn'nt want to pick it up for a reason. He may have thought it had mitsymatosis (I can't spell that) and as you have rabbits of your own it may have infected them. It is very sad when you know you cane help but are unable to. I do feel for you. Hopefully - and this is gonna sound REALLY harsh - the rabbit has been killed by a fox or something, at least it would have been quick and it's been put out of it's pain and misery. I know this isn't much comfort. Chin up though hun, nature has a way of caring for herslf.
LouLou07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my mum and dad are divorced and my mum was at a meeting for her work, so I text her saying:
"I was goin to rescue it but dad wouldn't let me"
And she said:
"I'm sorry. I would have done"

I'm not sure if she meant I would have rescued it, but the one time she doesn't pick me up I see a hurt animal.

Yeah, it would be better if it had of been killed, but then again maybe someone did rescue it after me.
123animal123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww the poor rabbit .............. but its not your fault if your dad wouldnt let you and someone else might find it hopefully
Sterling

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I'm right there with you. Your dad probably said no 'cause it's not your job to do that sort of thing. Normally, when an animal is hurt, it gets very protective and doesn't want anyone to touch it. Kinda like a mother bear and her cubs. Or because, as Mash said, it could have had some diesese that would harm you, too. You could have gone back to the stable and call a vet or the RSPCA.

But I've seen animals on the side of the road in not very good health and you just have to drive by if you can't help. Sure, moveing it is great! But, if your not trained to take such actions, I wouldn't have touched it. Who knows, you could have caused more pain for it.

Wink
Angelicious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw Sad
You must remember, though, that bunnies don't have doctors unless we take them there. When animals in the wild suffer an injury that makes it so they can't put weight on a leg - especially prey - is usually helpless. Nature has it's reasons for making death a better option than life, even if we don't know what they are.
I'm glad you tried to help Smile

Also, about what your mom said... Was she saying that because she meant it or because she wants to seem like the 'better person?' I know of a lot of kids with divorced parents who are constantly trying to outdo the other parent o.o;;; Silly as it is, was she serious or just trying to make you want her to pick you up more often than your dad? (You don't actually have to respond to this as it's a rather personal question.)
PinkStar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww.. Is your dad like against animals?? Is he a good dad bc if he would not ant to help some cute animal, would he help you?? Be tough about it!! Next time you see an animal call your mother and make her talk to dad.
Queso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't save them all *pats on the back* I have to agree with mash, it probably made a very nice dinner for a fox, the rabbit didn't die for nothing. It was probably quick ans relitivly painless.
Angelicious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkStar wrote:
Aww.. Is your dad like against animals?? Is he a good dad bc if he would not ant to help some cute animal, would he help you?? Be tough about it!! Next time you see an animal call your mother and make her talk to dad.

No. He's reasonable. Just because an animal is "cute" doesn't mean it's worth more than a "non-cute" animal - or that it isn't, but that should NOT be a valid argument in ANY situation. That doesn't make him a "bad" dad. In my opinion, it's that he gave no valid argument (from what LouLou mentioned) to not help it.
I really must say, Sterling's post summed up all the reasons not to help the animal extremely rare. I don't mean to sound rude, but that post seemed unnecessarily biased.
Forcing divorced parents to talk to each other can lead to bad things, as well.

Quest wrote:
I have to agree with mash, it probably made a very nice dinner for a fox, the rabbit didn't die for nothing.

Exactly! And in an Animal Center, where it could have died anyway, it would have most likely rotted. (It's not a bad thing - it's just not as useful as the... "Circle of life.")
LouLou07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkStar wrote:

My mum and dad don't really talk to each other, they just argue which isn't good. My dad doesn't really like any animals though and we have a fish tank with no fish in it because he won't buy anymore (and probably because he seems to kill them after a month). He's not against them, just doesn't understand them.

[quote="Anelicous]No. He's reasonable. Just because an animal is "cute" doesn't mean it's worth more than a "non-cute" animal - or that it isn't, but that should NOT be a valid argument in ANY situation. That doesn't make him a "bad" dad. In my opinion, it's that he gave no valid argument (from what LouLou mentioned) to not help it.
I really must say, Sterling's post summed up all the reasons not to help the animal extremely rare. I don't mean to sound rude, but that post seemed unnecessarily biased.
Forcing divorced parents to talk to each other can lead to bad things, as well.[/quote]

He didn't say why I couldn't help it, I had to plead with him to at least move it off the road, which he eventually let me, probably because he would have run it over. He doesn't understand about animals, as his girlfriend has a dog and he used to call her(the dog not girlfriend) "The Dog" not by her name.

When my mum came home she didn't want to talk about the rabbit, so I think that she would have rescued it. (She gets upset about seeing injured animals)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: