Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Pay it Forward

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Good idea?
Excellent
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Good
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Lose the third person speech, and it's fine.
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No one will ever do that!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It's useless, but I'll take the money and try it, anyway.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm taking the money and keeping it for myself, thank!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

shadow_spinner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Pay it Forward Reply with quote

OK, so Shadow was staring at her big hump of cash locked up in the dusty old vault that she never uses, and she decided to do something productive with it. Yes, Shadow loves speaking in third person. She finds it cool. Back to Shadow's money. She started thinking of what she could do with her money, this is what she came up with. "A giveaway?" she mused thoughtfully. But no, one person would come and claim it all. "Awards?" she pondered, but no, those always go to the popular folks. And here was her last resort: "A pay-if-forward." She didn't quite know what this would be, since there were none others like it on SBF, but as she sat in contemplation, an idea slowly started to form in her head. The Idea was:
The gift that keeps on giving. If one person takes the time to help out two others; the two others may do the same for two others. And then those four will each help out two. And those eight will help out two. So, with each person giving and recieving, no one person loses that much, and everyone's life gets a little better. Everyone wins.

So, Shadow heaved out her 8 mill from that dusty old vault, split it into two. She would give two people four million each, and then, maybe, they would take it and make it grow. So, once they were rich, they could each spare eight million of their own, and give it to two people each. And those people would take it, and make it grow. And THEY would give it to two people each. And everyone would end up the better.

Shadow knew that there would be people along the line who would take but not give; those who would just stick their money in their pockets and keep it there. But she knew most would give and not take; so everything would end up just fine. And here were her final thoughts on the matter: "The people who recieve my money will have me watch over them; I'll keep an eye on them. And, no matter how long it takes, when they use their money wisely, and make in multiple, they'll make a Pay-It-Forward thread as well, and give away their money. And if they don't, nothing bad will happen, because it's their choice."

So, she made this first thread, and put this warning up:

Know that this is an honor thread, and there's nothing I can do to make you give the money to someone else in however long it takes you to get rich. But if no one pays it forward; no one will recieve anything, either, and Pay it Forward will die out.

The slots? So far there are three left.
Who can take them? Whoever wants to.
What it costs? All you need to do is ask.

*end third person*
Whew, sorry about that cheesy bit of charity there, I couldn't help myself. Sorry that 8 mill isn't that much, but it's all I've got. The entire thing is sort of like the Giving Thread, but on a much larger scale. Here's this entire page in a nutshell:
I give two people four million SBF cash.
They take it, and hopefully, in a day/week/month/year, they'll get more money.
(Hopefully) They make another Pay-It-Forward thread, and do the same thing I did.
And so it repeats itself...on...and on...and on. Very Happy

Slots:

From shadow_spinner:
*4 mill (TAKEN)
*4 mill

From Fireflake:
*http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=535049
And 3 mill
*http://www.sandboxfarm.com/viewanimal.php?idkey=566184
And 3 mill

Last edited by shadow_spinner on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
katelynterese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to get involved I think It's a great idea and when I get enough I promise I will give to someone else can't promise how long it will take but I will Very Happy Thanks for doing this and just let me know what to do. Very Happy
shadow_spinner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your enthusiasm. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get more; just as long as it happens, sometime, in the future. =D I'll send you a trade...
katelynterese

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You and Thanks again for doing this Great Idea Wink
shadow_spinner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade sent.
Fireflake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I donate something to your original giving? so you can make it four people instead of two? some cash and a pair of animals for the two new ones
shadow_spinner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwe, I would love that! That'd get things going twice as fast. Thank you enormously for your generosity. Could you msg me with the names of the animals and I'll bid on them, and you can send a trade for the cash? Thanks again! Very Happy
Des_and_Tay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how would i give away more money after, though?

eek.

How do you just 'give away' money though.....................?

Des is confused
shadow_spinner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would send you a trade that says: "shadow_spinner gives Des 4,000,000 playcash and 0 tokens for 0 playcash and 0 tokens." That would give you the money for free.

And as to giving away more money afterwards, in a strictly buisiness sense, you'd be making a loss, but in theory, if you used your money wisely and made over 8 million, you could say that you're making a profit. But it's not really about buisiness, is it?

All I'm trying to do is make sure that people do something productive with their money instead of wasting it away. And this way, everyone will get helped out a little. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: