Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Showing off my new Betta setup =D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fawn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Showing off my new Betta setup =D Reply with quote

This is thier new home! I aqua-glued the plexiglass in myself so it looks pretty wonky lol.

The boys

Tula

Grouchy

Google

This last guy is my newest. Hes a "Scissor Tail" Betta. Personally I\ve never even heard of them before. Apparently they're rare...so I just had to scoop him up. I love him hes so cute! He is green and red with these two adorable little white spots on the tips of his fins xD He doesnt have a name yet, any suggestions?
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe, wonderful tanks Fawn! Good job! Very Happy
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!! I love the setup and names. I used to have two betas

Mitch and Sierra they were cool I loved em!
LHUhannah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for awesome setups. And this is definetly the most interesting I have ever seen.

If it were mine to name I would pick something that starts with a "t" so that you would have 2 T names and 2 G names. Something like Toby or Topiary or Thai. Just a thought
*jenny*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're really striking I loe the colours (of the tanks and the fish Smile ) for the new guy I'd go with something that is as striking and unique as he is I know my friend suggested a really strange name for a fish something like Titomairiagonsalas a really strange name I know but I like it and for short it could be Tito or something...I'm mad I know and I think that the name wouldn't go well with the others names seeing as it's such a long name Very Happy
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that your not supposed to let the male bettas see each other because it stresses them out. I don't know this for sure because pet stores have the bowls together. Does anyone know if this is true?
Jaenelle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some exposure to other male bettas can actually be good for them, as it ensures they get exercise and a chance to show off.

But prolonged exposure can have negative effects such as a shorter life span because the fish are stressed out, which leads to a loss of their natural "slime" cover. When fish lose this slime cover they become susceptible to infections and diseases such as ich. Even if they aren't flared up at each other they can still be stressed out as they will be constantly "watching out".

Potentially if there is enough "reflection" in the seperation pieces the fish may not see each other. Just be careful and watch out, make sure your fish don't stop eatting and that the males aren't constantly puffed up (ie. their fins all stretched out and their gills exposed). Also watch out for tiny white spots that are the sign of ich or any other kind of bacteria.

It is a very beautiful set up, and I must give kudos to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: