Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Do not spam your games.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Do not spam your games. Reply with quote

Discussion of non orbis games is okay but do NOT spam these boards looking for help creating a game or players for another game.
Charlie1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so it's alright if I post just once saying If you like this and this.I have a game for you. Then they PM me for the link or can I post it on the board?
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use these boards to get players for another game (non-orbis). Whether it's posted directly (link to said game) or posting saying to pm you.

Last edited by Jinxx on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charlie1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ok then. So I'm guessing we're not allowed to advertise on this site at all?
Odelette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But what if it's a site made from a fellow player of sbf and it's an rpg. Would we be allowed to advertise or no..? Because Leopardstorm made a warrior cat rpg because lot's of players on sbf read the Warriors Series. So I wanted to know because we need more players Very Happy
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinxx wrote:
Don't use these boards to get players for another game (non-orbis). Whether it's posted directly (link to said game) or posting saying to pm you.
Odelette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we can't advertise anything at ALL? Not even an RPG? If so OK but then this RPG is for only sbf players so we won't get any new players but whatever. Laughing
Bezzella

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odelette wrote:
So we can't advertise anything at ALL? Not even an RPG? If so OK but then this RPG is for only sbf players so we won't get any new players but whatever. Laughing

If you want to advertise your site only for SBF players then take it up with Nef. But no, it isn't allowed.
Odelette

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if Nef doesn't answer I can consult with John right?
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if we advertised SBF for you guys. I am not trying to change rules or anything so don't take it out on me it's a suggestion...
Charlie1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well can we say if you like.........then PM me because that's what someone else did and I don't believe they got their post deleted
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I see it I delete it. Wink
Odelette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then someone said If you like pitbulls then pm me I have a cool site for you. I don't think you deleted it. But I dunno if you saw it. Laughing
redrusty66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is extremely confusing, your thread post states "discussion of non-orbis games is ok...blah blah"...but then it appears your responses to the questions that follow became tighter and tighter until frankly by the end you are saying not to mention non-orbis games at all. Frankly SBF has never been in line with the entire rest of this genre of games where this issue is concerned, as no other virtual pet/breeding game that I play puts forward such a ...humm, what word is best...greedy? (Not sure if that is totally correct but it's as close as I can think of) persona on that issue. I totally understand links and obvious "hey come play this game here". But you are basically saying by the end of this thread that (and watch me do it) even mentioning a game that is non orbis like PoultryLand or PonyIsland is akin to "advertising.

So could you clarify exactly what you mean by your initial post stating that discussion of other games is ok in contrast to you later posts which shoots down every example of "mentioning" another game as "spam or advertising"?

Frankly no other game in this genre does this and it makes Orbis look just a tad bit "beyond" reasonable. The breeding/genetics games genre are not a very large genre, and most players cross play many of them, I have myself spent a couple hundered dollars on tokens here at SBF, and the thought that I cannot "mention" my other favorite game in simple discussioin with other players is a bit unyielding and unfriendly in my opinion.
daniosgal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jinxx how do we do a public page? is it ok to ask other players how to make one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: