Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Am I the only one with this pet peeve?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does over-posting (babbling) annoy you?
YES. If you don't have something to say, then say NOTHING and stop hijacking my threads!
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
No. I'm likely one of the people you're talking about.
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
I hadn't really thought about it. I usually weed through comments that aren't pertinent and don't even think about it.
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 27

A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Am I the only one with this pet peeve? Reply with quote

I can't stand people that insist on commenting to EVERY post like they've got some sort of OCD obsession just because they think it's admirable to have a ton of posts here... and it seems to go hand-in-hand with hijacking threads.

Is that irritating, or is it just me?
Kazzy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's irritating...

Hah, don't get me wrong I have done it before in the past, but it really annoys me on this forum. There are 2 or 3 main people who do it on here, and I think you might know who they are. I'm not going to name names though Smile
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know who you're talking about, Kazzy, trust me! Rolling Eyes

~ Amanda @ Aljan
Marisa444

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can sometimes. but only when someone asks me a Question like what did u do to day? i mean obviously that's gonna be kinde long! Laughing Razz lol
Nikaroo

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh its kinda annoying but i dont ind it that much Smile
Beccy_nunar

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it rude that you are comparing that to an OCD obsession.I know someone very close to me who has that and i am sure other people may find this offensive.I'm sorry in advance but thats my opinion Smile
Meryck

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.O what the heck is an OCD Obsession??
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probbably one of those three who do it but when people ask a question about something or if they say something like I don't do something because of this, I try to figure out why and help them. If this makes sense.
shadow_spinner

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, I believe. I don't know too much about it, so don't explode on me if I don't get it right... It is when people do things that they can't control, like washing their hands for hours, or toutching everything in a room. It's an actual medical disorder and people use the term too liberally, like saying "oh, wow, I can't stop playing SBF, I must have OCD, hahaha" They actually have something called too much energy and it can get offensive to people wo really do have OCD.
Meryck

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Sad mom used to know someone like that, I heard her telling someone about it a long while back, when I was a kid or so, I never did forget, she said how they were such a neat/clean freak, that they couldn't stand even one spec of dust or so, and would scrub her hands raw when washing them for fear of germs. Maybe thats why she did it then, dunno.

And.. Do you think we will be considered to have "hijacked" Aljan's thread now? :S hope not heh

Anyway thanks for the explanation
Vitani

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd add my two cents..

( And announce I'm finally back in player mode, hurrah! )

I actually do suffer from OCD, I have done for many years now ( roughly 12, the best we can pin point it ) In my teen years, nobody really picked up on it because it was quite mild, just a few things here and there. In my late teens I had a period where it was chronic, and we resorted to medication to help me get control over it again. I'm now back to whats considered mild...I spend maybe an hour a day, sometimes two completing my compulsions. And yes, I know that rambly part wasn't really needed, but I'm a rambly kind of person...

Shadow has explained it fairly well. Hand-washing is one of the common things people associate with the disorder. Basically, OCD is defined in two ways, the Obsessions and the Compulsions. Suffers may have one or both. An obsession is something like "there are germs on everything" the compulsion that usually accompanies it is "if I don't wash my hands, I'll catch a disease" and things to that effect. It can manifest in many ways, most commonly as fear of germs, harm to self or others, counting, tics ( almost like Tourettes ) and even religion. For example, the fear may be of something bad happening to your family. The compulsion may then become something like "if I count to 10 before I turn on the light switch, nobody will die today".
For sufferers it can be hell. We are aware that the compulsions aren't neccesary, most of us realize switching a light off and on isn't going to stop us from getting hit by a bus tomorrow....But we are compelled to do it anyway. We become very good at hiding our compulsions to try and present as normal, often getting so good at the deception nobody realizes whats going on. If you have a friend or family member you suspect might suffer from OCD, try talking to them. Accusations and blame are NEVER helpful but calm, loving support really is, and so is professional help. Like everything, the first step is admitting you might have a problem..

Sorry, I've hijacked the thread Shocked I just have to comment on things like this, because its a subject close to home...And on that note, feel free to pm with any questions you might have rather than clogging up the board..Smile
Karleigh

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry in advance for hijacking the thread.

I also suffer from OCD. Currently it is just mild. But I go through phases. The more stress Im under the more my OCD comes out. Its complicated as to how we found out I had it so I wont go there. I hide it really well. But my closest friends know I have it. They think its funny. They dont make fun of me, but they like how I go mad when I have to complete my compulsions. Its all in good fun. Smile

Again sorry for hijacking.
Beccy_nunar

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for hijacking your thread.I'm pretty sure i started it.
Meryck

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually he/she started it, by saying people act like they have ocd, which elads people to want to know what ocd is, and other peopel to comment about what ocd is etc lol
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meryck wrote:
actually he/she started it, by saying people act like they have ocd, which elads people to want to know what ocd is, and other peopel to comment about what ocd is etc lol

This is quite true. Also I can't see how it's wrong to "hijack" persay someones post. I mean even if you get in a conversation with a group of people you can't help but go off topic and whoever started the conversation isn't like okay peolpe back to what i want to talk about. So How can it be bad. I mean if it's a game thats one thing, also if it's an auction, but if it's in the chicken chatter board shouldn't we be allowed to Idly talk?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: