Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Semi Rantish

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this rude or an acceptable practice?
It's Rude
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
It's Acceptable
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Other (Reply with your answer)
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Fireflake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Semi Rantish Reply with quote

So I've been selling a bunch of my animals cheaply so people could afford them. Well I got on today after work and I noticed someone had bought a few of my animals so I went to see who it was... Well every single animal they had purchased from me was on the market for 3 times what I had sold it to that person for... I find it quite rude that said person is taking the animals I was basically giving away and then reselling them immediatly does anyone else find this irksome?
DarkCat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, they were for sale, so anyone can buy them...Maybe find a person, and then sell them? I'm sorry. Hope I Helped! By the way, what kind of animals were they? ( I'm new!) Mr. Green
Fireflake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were cats... I've got a bunch more... It's not so much they bought them I'm fine with that It's the fact they then turn around and take credit for my training and breeding and sell it for 3 times as much as I did
Karleigh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had that problem before too. And yes I do find it annoying. Thats why I set my animals at a very high price, so that people interested message me about the animal. That way I have some control over where my animal ends up and I make sure they arent over bred or sold again.

Im just waiting to see, when I start giving away animals donated to the NHC, how many are going to go onto the market immeadiately. Even though there is a rule saying the animal cant be sold, I know some will be.
Bezzella

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happens to me a lot. Once I almost considered repeatedly hatemailing them, but I help back, and didn't do anything.

Really, I just try and make reasonable prices on my animals so that if people do that, they won't make any money!
Vitani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I find this deeply irritating.....But on the plus side, some of these ratbags try to resell for such a high price that nobody buys them, which always makes me smile. Serves them right Laughing

It's also why I brand anything born from my lines, wether I'm intending to sell or not, just in case I change my mind later. I like people knowing where they came from and in my early days I never branded, so alot of effort was lost...>.<
LHUhannah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate to play devil's advocate....well more like the devil herself....

I used to do that on VP, I would either buy and resell at a higher price or I would buy and releasethem, to keep my more expensive (but mostly higher quality) dogs the only ones on the market

To me it's just basic economics...if you control the suplly and demand then you control the market...it's really just smart business

My suggestion to you if you want to sell good animals to poor people I would suggest doing it through a newbie help group that people apply to inorder to get the animal
Lucky_Duck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when that happens! And then they say "I didn't mean to buy it..." Pfffftt...my foot lol
Leopardstorm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so its annoying ill admit but look at it this way

You are selling the animal once sold it is no longer yours and you can't tell the person what to do with it it's like real life u give a friend something they lose it/get rid of it/or whatever u r unhappy but it was not yours anymore so what can you do no use in getting upset because it wont solve anything so you should probaly just post the animals at what price you want to sell them because when someone is nice people will a lot of times just look it over in real life and on here as if they expected it so like I am saying you should probaly just post st the price you see the animals going for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: