Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

False Hopes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Sandbox a waste of time for us poor folk?
Yes, I'll never get anywhere.
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
No, my parents (or I) have plenty of money and shall always be better than you poor folk.
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Maybe, I'll give it a couple more weeks until my dreams are ripped to shreds.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Skyelette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: False Hopes Reply with quote

Anyone else happen to think that this game gives false hopes?

For instance, one can meticulously breed their animals in hopes of one day having the best, and when they finally are showing some progress, a member who has been playing for a week spends twenty dollars to get an almost extinct pair. They enter every show and win, simply because the other variations and colors don't have a number below 2 (in some cases).

And then they breed that pair and give the babies to their friends who have been playing for a day or two, who also enter shows, and your animals, who were previously made the best through extreme time and effort on your part, now no longer place better than 5th.

If there is any way to tear apart dreams and mash them in the dirt, that is it.

This game is simply a reminder that you missed the American dream, and those with more cash in their pockets will always be on top.
Bezzella

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

?????????????????????????

That was kinda random...

I haven't spent a penny on this game and I am at LMT here. And voted most poplular player. And I have tons of tokens. And I have a lot of 2X endangered super event winning animals.

Quite frankly people who say that buying tokens with real money is the only way to success are simply lazy...
Silvery_Pheonix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first guinea pig ~NF~ Rocky is a very rare/very rare guinea pig. other than training his color and breed are orbis games varities and yet he beats AE animals. I paid no sbf or real life money to get him and yet he is the top scoring animal in the game. He's been in 320 odd events and has an event score total of 5200 something. He might not be the best animal on the game, but he does well enough.

I have an AE cat that I paid tons of sbf cash for who hasn't won anything worthwhile ever. Out of 84 shows she's placed top 3 in 5 of them. So the rarities play a part, but not a major one.

It's just a luck of the draw thing. Just keep trying. I haven't spent any real life money and I was one of the first 10 people to "finish" getting to LMT.
horsefreak59

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, thats not fair! if someone is honestly working hard to get the best pets, they should win, not the person who took the short cut and used real money.
Skyelette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am simply posting from very recent experience. I have spent a good while trying to get the best macaw variation/color. I did a lot of research. I did a lot of breeding. I had a little luck. I finally managed to get a couple of good macaws who were placing fairly regularly and suddenly there are now two user created 2XAE macaws.

And look what happened in the events.

3 days ago.
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/showevent.php?event_id=17401&show_full_event=1

Today.
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/showevent.php?event_id=17718&show_full_event=1
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/showevent.php?event_id=17753&show_full_event=1

Might anyone be able to tell me who the top two macaws in both shows are? The two macaws who weren't even in existence until very shortly?

I could live with a person getting lucky on a rescue. More props to them. But this example is the basis of my point. We without deep pockets will almost always fall behind, unless we get very very lucky or spend four months of our life doing what some people do in two hours.
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I wish it was that simple. But it's not. There are more than color/variation that determine winners of events. I have a lot of token bought animals, not just AE and for ever 1 I have that show well I have 3-4 that show poorly. I have game made variations that show well and ones that show poorly.

You find what shows well in different levels of events and you show them in what you can. It's not just the money, people are interested in the Top Animals lists and getting animals to the tops in score, whether by species or by all types.
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyelette wrote:
I am simply posting from very recent experience. I have spent a good while trying to get the best macaw variation/color. I did a lot of research. I did a lot of breeding. I had a little luck. I finally managed to get a couple of good macaws who were placing fairly regularly and suddenly there are now two user created 2XAE macaws.

And look what happened in the events.

3 days ago.
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/showevent.php?event_id=17401&show_full_event=1

Today.
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/showevent.php?event_id=17718&show_full_event=1
http://www.sandboxfarm.com/showevent.php?event_id=17753&show_full_event=1

Might anyone be able to tell me who the top two macaws in both shows are? The two macaws who weren't even in existence until very shortly?

I could live with a person getting lucky on a rescue. More props to them. But this example is the basis of my point. We without deep pockets will almost always fall behind, unless we get very very lucky or spend four months of our life doing what some people do in two hours.

lmao..well yes, the events are made to count color and variation high..variation is actually a very big factor in a 'very high' event.
Skyelette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But only one was very high. In that show the 3rd place was somewhat close. In the other show, both variation and color were medium, and no one came within 100 points of the top two.
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And like I said in my other post, there is more than color/variation that count toward scores. Their secret value might be high or they may be a little more rested or have better food levels, any number of things.
Skyelette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything in their cage is at level 1, except for the size, which is at level 2.

They had just been in a show 7-8 hours previously. I believe this lowers rest.

Both animals happen to have a high secret value? I find this a bit of a strange coincidence.
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might not have the highest but it's a combined score and the number of exams between entering could raise their rest, they could have also done some training between entering. As I said, there are a lot of factors in who wins. I have critters with ae color, ae variation and ae details and unless I enter them in high/very high color/variation events they do poorly in them.
frostys queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you make a show and enter your animals tailor it to your animals ..it gives you a higher possibility of doing better...ALSO.....if you train your animals it helps you have a better chance...I've hot animals that are overpopulated/overpopulated that win many times over..for instance..an dog that I have changed nothing on..she was one of my very first dogs...Frostys Buffy....She does very well in the shows that are tailored for her. YOU DO NOT need to spend money on the game to win..you've got to look what you're doing and what sort of shows you enter and which animals will do better in what sort of shows. Like in real life. I have many...MANY animals that have not been coloured or any money ..real money spent on that win regularly...so it's not impossible or improbably..you've just got to work a bit with your animals and know how they compete against some of the rest and what sort of shows they will do well in. So I'm not sure what your comment or question really entails because spending REAL money is NOT necessary to play the game..not at all.
Skyelette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure what the last post was saying too many run on sentences....and fragments...and nonsensical suchness...

I am not saying a non-paying player can't do well. I am not saying they can't play the game. I'm saying that can't be the best. Even if they strive to be, it would be months before they even came close.

If a person spends money on tokens, creates a couple of almost extinct animals, and sells the rest of the tokens, then he/she can raise the animal's cage stats as high as possible, depending on the amount of money.

So, now that person has two animals with the best variation and the best color money can buy. As for their stats, that same person can buy training for them from other players, raising the stats exponentially, again depending on the amount of money spent.

So now the person has 5x Inconceivable, 2x AE animals, with a very high secret value (which was trained as well), in a cage with very high rest/health/grooming etc. values.

The animals will do well in a show focused on health, grooming, secret value, variation, color...

You name the focus and they will probably place first in any show.

Depending on the market for training, I am guessing it would be possible to achieve this within a week or two, for the people with deep pockets.
Jinxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then one would enter their animals where those things are listed as low.

But there are still very successful players who do not spend real money on the game. Most players rely on their exam money and I've seen them come back to bid on rarer animals/tokens time and time again. They're not spending real money on the game.
frostys queen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS I said yo udo not have to spend money on the game to be a good show perosn with good animals in thier own niche. It seems that skyelette choses to complain about things that are a bit on the rediculous. Here's my prestige (Prestige: 150518) The majority of my animals are not AE. I believe I have a couple but it doesn't matter to me if they are or not. If you put your mind to it and work with the animals you've got and the shows available for them there's no need to psend money on the game if you chose not to. You can still have extremely nice animals thru auction or thru trading or other methods. It's not necessary to spend real cash to play the game.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: