Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

How not to get upset with other people.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: How not to get upset with other people. Reply with quote

I have a few minutes to spare so I will write a little "how not to" guide.

When some one says something that offends you:
Don't automatically assume that the person was being rude. They may have been being sarcastic, but since this is a forum you can't tell. So basically you need to look at the post and think positive about it. Look for other meanings to the post.
Example: You should post things of that nature in this forum they go in such and such forum.

This can be interpeted as: Your stupid you don't even relize which forum this post goes in.(this is what it is intepreted as when you have a bad day)
Or as: I'm trying to help you.(this is what it usually means)

This is just an example I haven't seen any complaints about a post like that, but it could happen.

When some one takes offense to one of your posts.
First don't freak out. Think calmly of how you can explain what you'd said in the earlier post. Do Not Automatically say something bad if they said something bad about you.

Remember
Everyone has bad days, but if you are having a bad day you don't have to make every other persons day bad also. If you are having a bad day calm down before you come on the forum. If you see some one is having a bad day try to cheer them up. Most of all stay calm. If you are calm you will se everything in a new manner.

If there is anything else you would like to suggest please post.
Lucky_Duck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this Legendary! This is so true and I use a lot of sacasm and don't really think about it half the time. Plus, it is sort of hard to tell whether someone is being sacastic or not so I make sure I use the little face people so people will see that I am being sarcastic or when I'm joking and such Wink
Karleigh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really good legendary.

I've seen a lot of posts (not to me to others) that I couldnt tell if they were sarcastic or not.

If I am ever sarcastic about something I do the same as Lucky_Duck. I always put the Wink smiley to show everyone that I'm only joking. Or else like you said, it can be taken seriously, which isnt how it is intended to be taken.... sorry I kind of rambled, Im tired. Laughing
~*Farmer Jane*~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree! Very Happy I use smilies all the time because I think to myself,"They are gonna get mad at me if I don't show I'm kiding!"
So that is really good Legendary!!!! Good job! Very Happy Wink
Jassidy Noel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: me too Reply with quote

i have a problem with being sarcastic as well, so i try (the same as others) to use lots of smily faces etc. its hard when someone gets onto you about being a jerk when you didn't mean too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contributions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: