Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

ANyone ever gotten a response from Orbis?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrusty66

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: ANyone ever gotten a response from Orbis? Reply with quote

I've written tickets, so has a person I got to join (thinking we could play..lol) I got answers regarding a game rule, I even got the tokens added *that I bought before i realized the events were not working = no way to play the game...lol) But a ticket asking for some comment on the state of the game, why no one will fix the events yet the game stays open and the token purchase stays live has recieved no answer. Has anyone else made a ticket or spoken to anyone involved in the running of the game about it's current state? A Mod,? One of the big old players like Jinxx? Supposedly this "Nef" person is the coder/owner ect, and they did speak on the 1st ticket so I know they aren't dead...lol

Anyone else ever gotten any info or responses about any of this? The event thing seems so easy to fix, just make them run automatically once the entry time is up (24 hrs) if they don't want to fix or put back up the "run event" page. Just so strange when they could be making so much money from players who want to play.
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have a question that Nef needs to answer, such as things to do with token purchases and game code, players can't expect immediate responses. Unfortunately, Nef has had to take on outside jobs to pay the bills, so cannot answer questions immediately. Standard response time from Nef ranges from immediate to up to 3 or 4 days. Unless there is a ticket that a moderator can answer, they don't usually answer tickets that only Nef can answer.

Nef is the owner of Orbis Games, parent company of SBF and VHR. She is the only one with access to game code and player purchases. Just because the fix seems easy, doesn't mean it is. There has been problems with events ever since the server move some 2 or 3 years ago. She fixes it and it seems to run well for a while, then breaks again. She has fixed events half a dozen times since the server move. Even if the fix is easy, her finding time to actually do it sometimes isn't. I know right now, she has 2 outside projects going on that have deadlines coming in the next week. If she doesn't meet deadline, she doesn't get paid.

SBF stopped making money about 5 years ago. VHR barely maintains enough profit to keep Orbis going. Neither game pays enough for Nef to pay her household bills. So all players are stuck waiting until her schedule clears to get answers on tickets. She obviously doesn't keep the games going for profit as there is none. She keeps them going because players are still playing them.

I check in on the forums once in a while, but with so little activity, it hasn't needed moderated in a very long time.
redrusty66

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response, It's what a lot of players needed to hear, as you may can tell from so may "What's going on" type posts. I can understand her situation and it's good to know she does intend to fix it "yet again" if she can find the time to do whatever is done to bring it back until it goes down again. As far as money and players, I was around back then and I do recall how "the problems started and the players began to flee" situation went down. Lots of us would do anything we can to bring in more players, and try to get things rolling again for her with at least a little extra income from the games to help her. Unfortunnately I can't write up a big review or anything in places that would matter until the game works, but soon as it's "fixed yet again", if she could find the time, I will certainly do that. I do think most can see that there is still interest in the game...almost everyday that I log in there is a new member who has signed up here. And that''s all without any real advertising. Thanks very much for the little boost of hope and the forum getting a sort of "official" heads up on the situation for people to see. Makes it not feel quite as abandoned. I do appreciate it and will do all I can to help as far as bringing in some paying customers once I can write up a nice review for VPL on it. Maybe I can revive a little interest in it.
RhiannonDaxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from me as well. I was excited to begin playing. At least now I don't feel quite as sad about it never being a working game again. Hopefully things will get better if the owner can get it back to functioning again. I know I'll also do my best to bring in some more people. Though I kind of think they'll probably come on their own if it gets back fully operational.
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposted from VHR
Nefertete wrote:
Hello Redrusty- I appreciate your concern about SandBoxFarm. I agree that it sits there almost abandoned and receives very little attention. We did not think a lot of people were interested in playing so we haven't put much attention to it. I know there are a handful of players that enjoy it, and I don't want to just "Shut it down" as it is hosted along side of Virtual Horse Ranch and our other games so it costs very very little to keep up if anything. Also it receives little attention due to the small player base- however that is only our fault because 1. we do not upkeep it, and 2. we do not promote/market it. If any updates were to come real soon, it would be to make it just a completely free game somehow, due to the lack of attention it sees. If/when an SBF token order comes in, I have been multiplying the order ~x5, I rarely receive an order and when I do I feel guilty about it Smile

Future SandboxFarm- For the next few months I have a bit much on my plate to make any hard promises. However if there is a renewed interest in Sandboxfarm, we can certainly take a look at recruiting a mod or two to freshen up the community, and perhaps work on getting more players. Also, if someone has extreme interest in the game and some programming skills (or willing to learn), we can take a look at the possibility of partnering with the game to give it some updates and the needed attention.

Keep me up to date on the interest level of SBF, that really is what it would boil down to. I understand that for it to be fresh, it would also need interest on our end as well. Also my email is shannoncusick ~ at ~ hotmail etc... . Again, although it may seem like a 'teaser' for the game to exist un-updated, I am not going to shut it down because I think that would upset more people than otherwise. I had not planned on 'shutting down' VHR2, however during the server move a lot of our server-side code had never been fully restored, as some of it was lost.

On another comment here just to avoid rumors- I don't work full time to pay the server bill, VHR does pay for that itself (while legendera and sbf sort of 'piggyback'), so no worries there- it's not going anywhere. The contract jobs are to help with general living expenses ... rent, bills, food etc.. Smile

Thanks for your concerns!
redrusty66

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you thank you thank you...lol I see the vents seemm to be working again. I did write up a nice review at the Virtual Pet List forum. SO perhaps some newbies will ocome check it out. I will update it that the events are now working..(So happy)...thanks again, and I at least will be getting tokens pretty regularly now that I've got the time to play it again. Sorry if I sounded brash" I can be a little overly over something I like..lol
RhiannonDaxx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great going, thanks a million. Personally I think the game is great just as it is. I tried to think about any "update" that would make it more interesting but I couldn't, because it seems to be just fine for a breeding/contesting game. I think it just got quiet and no one knew about it due to the events being broken. Maybe it will pick up with a little advertising around the net on some players parts.
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link between OW and SBF is fixed, so you should be able to link your accounts again.

Events also appear to be fixed to run provided they have enough entries.
RhiannonDaxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, lets give it a try, seems to be a bit of players trying to liven things up lately
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: