Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

The Pets Page is back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like pet pages?
Yes, i love them!
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
I don't know
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No, i don't like them
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Kind of yes and kindof no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mind your own buissness!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still here and no kitty for me, but I am volunteering at our local Petsmart! Smile I even got 2 dogs fostered on my second day there!
Kdj

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: OH MY GOD!!! Reply with quote

I'VE BEEN GONE FOR FREAKIN EVER!!!! Shocked
I have a bearded Dragon now peepz, so I'll post pics sometime! Wink
Cecelia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my pets are pretty such the same as always-Ornery and loving and completely fun! We have

1 rabbit- Sugarbaby
1parakeet- Tweetie
1 goldfish- Melissa
4 cats- Moonbeam, Dutchess, Braveheart, and Concerto
6 llamas- Paisley, Becca, Ivy, Faun, Cameo, and K.T.
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cecila you have a llama with my name XD

Well, I found out that Sweetie is actually a near pure blood Pitt bull. I still love her with all my heart, though she is now people and animal aggressive, though she doesnt try to attack our other dog anymore Very Happy

I moved, yup, from apartment to house, it's nice and pretty. But, my bird flew away XD a green parakeet, my mom went to clean the cage adn she just flew south. My cat actually loves me now, and rolls around in the bathtub >~>"

As for Sweetie, well....she bit my step mom, it was her fault though, she was acting like a idiot over a stupid fish, and she deserved it. Definetly deserved it, she threatened to get rid of my dog, we fought, then her and my mom fought. It was not fun. But I have found that when you have a kitty massaging your belly, it helps with depression. <3

I am worried about Sweetie's aggression, it hasn't gotten much better and has pretty much gotten worse, its sad too, whenever someone comes over, we have to lock her up in the room, she'll bite someone, i'm afraid she'll bite the wrong person and we'll have to put her down, we can't aford a trainer, nor do we think she'll deal with one. She eally is a sweetheart, just only with me and my mom, she's scared of everyone else. Whenever tanyone somes over, her hackles raise adn she barks and growls, and once they leave, she runs the entire inside of the house, barking and growling, hackles raised. She doesnt stop until every crevuce has been searched.

Any advice?
Sadie,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well worlfgirl, I train/rehabilitate dogs at the shelter, but I don't really know what to say until I get there and see it myself, because some are worse than others.
Have you ever watched "The Dog Whisperer" with Cesar Millan? He is absolutely amazing. Thats the way I work with dogs. I think good advise to you is to watch some video's, or on TV. You can learn a lot. The most important thing to do is always stay calm (I know its hard sometimes) and dont show fear. It seems like she is terratorial about her home. My friends dog was kinda like her. It didnt run around after they were gone, but he bit a few people, and drew blood. I put him on a leash, brought my younger sister that the dog never met before, and made him sit by pulling up on the leash. Every time he lashed out, I made him lay on his side (submissive position) for a few minutes. Then I got her to walk him with me there just in case. He went after her again, so I grabbed him behind his ears and put him all the way laying down on the ground.
Sometimes it takes a little longer to help them relax, but its worth it. You should really watch some of those videos though, its the best advise I could give, since I cant really go to your house to help. I love pitbulls. They are my Idol. I wish you lots of luck with your dog, and hope this helps.
Sadie Very Happy
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the advice and we've tried so many differnt things, my parents are threatening a 'bark box' and shock collars. Lately she snapped at our little dog and went for the jugular, she meant to fately hard. She was fine then it was just 'BAM' our little dogs throat was in her jaws. She also bites and holds, and shes a dog that loes food, but not even that distracts her from something if she's focused.

She is definetly territorial, especially of my room because she sleeps with me at night, she lunged at my step mom and bit her arm pinched the skin and nearly drew blood, but as soon as i called her, she came back, she stood adn growled her hackles raised, but she stayed where she was.

As for introducing new people, we can't afford for anyone to sue us for her biting, she got some big teeth and they do quite a bit of damage to a raw hide, and she doesn't do muzzles. The last one that we had when we took her to training, she gashed her gums and started bleeding. So that didn't work, and she can snap a collar,and we can't get a harness at the moment.

My mom and step mom are always fighting about her and the way she acts. She also barks, a lot, like even when there is nothing there she barks and growls and runs around checking the rooms.

-.-" -Ravie
milon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dis is my baby, but she doesn't currently live with me for undisclosed reasons. I miss her so much );

I rescued Luna in California and she was real wee then. She's gotten pretty big since these photos

wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWWWW
Cecelia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved seeing your kitty pictures!

I now have another pet. A rescue of sorts ,it's kinda a long story.
Her name is Anna Sonrisa. She's a Rhode Island Red hen that lays an egg almost every day. She is extremely sweet, much more so than most chickens. She enjoys hanging out with the llamas and the cats and runs to the car when we pull in the driveway. We have her free range,but close the back door of the barn at night so nobody gets our "pretty bird" on her roost. I never realized that my family could be so blessed by this crazy little hen!

Meanwhile one of our cats is being a temporary indoor cat due to an accident with a zero turn mower. Braveheart doesn't mind it too much, but I am definitely ready to let him loose on the farm again. He has so much energy and orneriness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: