Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

The Game of Life{Fantasy~Fiction Story}

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heather

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: The Game of Life{Fantasy~Fiction Story} Reply with quote

~By Heather

So, I had a burst of inspiration while looking for a book to read while waiting for the new Mortal Intruments and new Night World books to come out.
I don't have any background information written out yet. I had to get the first chapter on page before I forgot but as soon as I get the background info, I'll put it up if you want it. Anyway, basically it's 2055 and during World War 3, which is between US, China, Italy, France and Germany, everyong on an opposite side. The main characters name is Clarissa Amanda Jenson, nicknamed Clary. This takes palce on Los Angeles, California, US.

By the way, I'm not good at paragraphs so if you see something that should be separated or put together, just let me now!

Chapter 1:

Have you ever noticed how amazing reading is? Even in 2055, it's still just perfect. Reading can take you to a far off place that can only exist inside a book and nothing, except the sound of your parent voice telling you to go outside, can break that trance that comes over you. Tell me to get out of the house all you want but I refuse to leave one spot until I finish that book.

That may actually be the problem these days. People read too much. Little girls expect a prince to come sweep them off their feet. Little boys expect adventures beyond their wildest dreams to happen. Teenager expect vampires to fall in love with them but its all in their heads. None of it happens.

That may actually have been my problem. I got caught off guard. Alright, I'll tell you the story just don't let it happen to you. Don't think that nothing ever happens and that you can't go to that far off place because it happens. Every 200 years.

I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start... here. January 1st, 2053, during World War 3...

Tell me anything you find wrong, right and if youw ant me to go on! Thanks Very Happy
sandtiger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh! I do quite like! Very Happy I'm a big fan of pretty much any Sci-fi not involving big robots or to much alien stuff. *Cough. Transformers. Cough.*

I was a bit confused at first w/ the reading part at the beginning, but I'm going to assume it will clear up. =)

Go on! I'm interested in the 200 yr. thing mention...
Heather

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big robots or aliens in this one! There is other stuff, but it comes in a little later.

That clears up a little next chapter and then it comes back a lot more later on. It's kinda foreshadowing, and yes that probably gave a little away.

The next chapter will be coming up later tonight. My notebook is too far away and I don't feel like getting up. Plus, I have to add a mini chapter in the beginning that I just remembered I forgot. (That mini chapter won't make sense all that much the first time your ead it but it will later)

And thank you, by the way Very Happy
Heather

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a small vacation from here to deal with my Math grades and to start up sports but I'm back! Anyway, here's Chapter 2:

Vast, sandy deserts. Lush, vibriant jungles. Quiet glorious forests. Dar, eerie cities. Large magnificiant castles. All this lies in the land of...

"Three two one! Clarissa Amanda Jenson!"Mom only used my full name for two reasons: Something terrible just happened or I read too long and was late for school.
"Get down here!" Today was reason number two.
I threw my book aside and checked myself in the mirror. There stood a pale girl with dark red hair who like tired and slightly annoyed. Pulling my hair into a ponytail and putting on dark jeans and a black shirt, I ran downstairs.
"How many times have I told you." She ranted on in Spanish. That's never good.
"Love you!" I yelled and ran out the door, grabbing my blue backpack on the way out.
"Clary... I'm not done talkng with you!"
"Goodbye!"
My mother and I always end up fighting this way in the morning. Normally about how reading gave me too much of an imagination.

"Hey Clary." Arabele walked up to me, sounding upset. Her Italian accent was stronger than ever. Her brown hair, usually shining in the light, looked dull. Her eyes were glossy and bloodshot.
"Hey Ara. How's home?" She looked away. World War 3 was really putting a damper on her usually happy mood.
World War 3 was going on between China, US, Italy, France, and Germany, no one taking sides.
Ara had family in Italy and nobody was really happy with her, like she was the enemy. She sighed deeply as we walked into homeroom. The announcements were just starting. Something about how showing American spirit. Also, how a student would be representing us in some tournament thing. The usual.
The rest of the day was uneventful. Well, except for the 54 on my Science test. Another reason for my mother to take my books away.
"See you later." I said to Ara. She just nodded as a few Seniors yelled at her for being Italian.

I walked into my kitchen, expecting to get yelled at. Mom was too occupied by some man. And she was... crying? My mother never cried.
"It's completely safe." The man was said, in a deep, emotionless voice. He was in a black suit, holding a black breifcase and he had black hair and black eyes. In fact, the only thing that wasn't black about him was his pale, white face and his pale, white teeth. And people thought I was wierd.
"Safe?!" my mother screamed. Her light brown hair was covering her face. "She could die!"
She? Die? Who were they talking about? My sister? She's been dead for three years, along with my dad.
"Not again. I'm not losing another child." Mom said, fiercely.
The only other child she has is my brother and he's not a "she". We think.
"Clarissa Amanda Jenson."Mom turned to me. Two reasons my mother used my full name. I had a feeling that this time it was reason number one.
"You've been chosen, Miss Jenson. The man said in his deep voice. "You've been chosen as the one girl out of all of US to play 'The Game of Life.'"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Story Time All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: