Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Why do so few players want to help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Why do so few players want to help? Reply with quote

Why is it that when I post for something I need no one responds to it? I need all kinds of studs to stay in the game and no one has any of what I need for sale or stud. People wonder why the older players leave. I am seriously thinking about it myself. I have not played in 32 days and I come back but nothing has changed. I just lost a lot of my animals and I will need to build them up again but I am betting that no one will want to help. I have lots of money to pay for stud fees if anyone does. We need more males on the market especially for stud.
xGigglesx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is people who have certain breeds with certain rarities, they don't want to let other people use them for fear that it will 'ruin the species'. They want to keep everything for themselves and that's what makes the game less fun and it's part of the reason why people leave.
Drmchaser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know and it is sad because they are keeping other players from being able to replace their stock. If anyone wants to use one of my studs, I usually let them depending on who it is and if I know they don't over breed. I am seriously thinking about quitting this game, it is getting old and boring.
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sorry but everyone is speificly wanting small animals like guinny pigs and mice and fish and bettas... etc. I don't have that stuff. Also, there are very few people playing anymore. The roleplays have sorta died off from lack of activity and so everyone basically left because the roleplaying par was all that has really kept us around. A few others left because of frustration that one End. breed specifically was being so over bred that you could find it on the market for a $100. Needless to say because of all of these reasons combined there isn't barely anyone around anymore. That's mostly why no one is answering your posts. No one answers mine either. You just have to contact a person directally.
Sorry I can't help with the Guinea Pigs, I had one but he went to florida not long back Sad

-**SD**
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGigglesx wrote:
The problem is people who have certain breeds with certain rarities, they don't want to let other people use them for fear that it will 'ruin the species'. They want to keep everything for themselves and that's what makes the game less fun and it's part of the reason why people leave.

That's exactly what the problem is. People get so touchy about their animals, they just can't bear the share them, out of fear that breeders will make them too accessible. Nowadays it's become the norm; hoard your animals, don't breed unless you have to, don't sell, don't stud.

I don't have many animals, myself; all I do is dogs, really, but I'd be glad to share if you're ever in need of doggies. I'm still trying to build my collection.
xGigglesx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a bit silly I think though. Because they're uptight and lacking fun, the rest of us have to suffer. I mean, there are ways to slowly allow your creations and such into the public. You could charge high for certain rarities and such, people would pay if they wanted it bad enough. Just hiding everything from the rest of the world and hoarding everything is a tad on the selfish side. This game is suffering enough, people should grow up and realize it's just a game and be nice and fair to everyone.
linksage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how you're all jumping on the 'it's because of those snobs' bandwagon, and completely ignored the valid point that there are only a handful of active players left on the site. If you're looking for something obscure, chances are no one has it.

But I'm sure throwing insults out at the other players here just because they won't roll over and give you whatever you like is going to help your causes. By all means, keep it up.
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's true, there are few active players left. This no doubt plays a part in the problem. But what I have said is true, and is the other half of the issue: people around here are cautious with what they do with their animals, the reason being someone might get upset if they see animals up for sale/stud for what they consider too low a price. Many of the remaining active players have extensive collections of animals, most of which we have no access to unless we specifically ask them (and then we may be subject to contracts that restrict our own breeding and selling). The difficulty of acquiring new animals stagnates the game, resulting in players simply leaving.

I understand you're (I use "you" in the broader term) not intentionally trying to hoard your critters so that they can be kept away from the market. You're probably simply trying to preserve your animals, keep populations under control. But what I and some of the other players are trying to point out is that this is stagnating the market. If we all pitched in our animals, provided opportunities in the market, it might encourage players to stick around and explore these opportunities. Some of the obscure species may become less obscure if there were some available; this is my premise and my reasoning. You can choose to agree with it, or ignore it; I hope there are no bad feelings either way. =)
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linksage wrote:
I love how you're all jumping on the 'it's because of those snobs' bandwagon, and completely ignored the valid point that there are only a handful of active players left on the site. If you're looking for something obscure, chances are no one has it.

But I'm sure throwing insults out at the other players here just because they won't roll over and give you whatever you like is going to help your causes. By all means, keep it up.

My point exactally Linksage!
Vitani

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sits in a corner quietly banging her head against a brick wall*
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vitani wrote:
*sits in a corner quietly banging her head against a brick wall*

Lol, I know! We've all had this discussion before, and it never seems to change! Laughing
Vitani

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we all agree to disagree...

And remain civil.

Thats progress.....Considering how these discussions USED to pan out....
A. L. Aljan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... those of us who actually took the hour to drive to work, make the money, drive an hour back home, then spend it on this outdated and forgotten game to create new variations/species/colors/details just to watch them bred into commonality and have insults hurled at them when they get frustrated by others' inconsideration are the problem. I swear, it's ALWAYS the people who don't create anything that are the first to take the cheap shots.

Try working three jobs and, after coming home from work, trying to bring back the variations of your friends that have been driven off the game by complainers and hypocrites, let alone playing the game for your own greeeeeeeeeeeeeeedy purposes, and see if you don't feel a wee bit "uptight and lacking fun" (sic). EVERY player that has created more than 100 variations doesn't play anymore... well, golly gee, I wonder why that might be?

I've been known to check in every once in awhile just to see if the climate around here has changed, and it has: it's worse. I will not be taking another exam, breeding another animal, and the really great restoration program I was working on before I got sick of all of this will remain dead. The whiners, hypocrites, and folks that traded or sold my creations to people who deal with or are well-documented over-breeders are the ones you can thank for the fact that many of SBF's creations aren't just AE, they're EXTINCT... just like me. If you keep hurling insults at the people who actually (literally) put their money where their mouths are and PAY to create them, they leave.

You want to complain about the game getting stagnant or about we "snobs" or "elitists" that "hoard" our animals? Then DO something about it. Dust off YOUR wallet and create something and see how YOU feel when someone breeds the heck out of it and drives its value down to nothing. I'm not going to be that person anymore, and I'm not the only one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: