Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Dont know where i was going with this

View previous topic :: View next topic  
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Dont know where i was going with this Reply with quote

just posting it. It was for one of Bratts contests, but my laptop died and i couldn't post it on time. here:

By: *~Trent~*

Chapter 1
The Chase

Thorns tore at my wings, branches slammed into my face and muzzle, the sound of their snarling behind my rump. If I could cry, this would be the perfect time. Cloud Nine had finally fallen, and there was only one ancient city standing. I felt a wave of heat by my rump and I sped up, not wanting the dragons fire to lit up my tail. I lengthened my gallop, my wings bleeding from the thorns, my face bruised from the branches. I am forced to flee by land, it was an option of survival, not one of taste. Dragons were terrifyingly fast in the air, but not to much by land. It is my only chance to escape. How did I end up here?!
That’s a good question.

Chapter 2
The Quest

“Do you accept the Quest?” Senior Nifinious asked. The old pegasi was a sea green color, graying with old age. Once his coat became the required dusty gray, he could take his place as an Elder, and save himself from disintegrating. Yeah, that’s how we go. We get old, and fade to a heap of gray dust. The color of our fur shows our health, and age. So once you turn a dusty gray color, you become a dusty gray pile. Unless of course, you are awarded with Immortality, and the title of Elder. But that wouldn’t be awarded to me - especially now.
“Of course, I do,” I replied proudly. Finally! A quest they gave to me! I thought. I was psyched. My turquoise fur must have had a glossy gleam at that moment, I had never felt so alive before then.
“You will leave… now,” Seniour Nifinious decided, realizing time was short. I nodded proudly, and galloped out the window, my blue wings outstretched. I flew quickly, my long silky tail waving behind me like a flag.
At the time, the ancient city of Cloud Nine was a soft pink, the cloud is rested upon looked like cotton candy. I whinnied happily, seeing my kin. Cloud Nine was the Kingdom of Love and Peace. I watched my brethren roam the pink cobblestone streets, a smile on my face. I happily trotted through the streets, my hooves making click-clack noises as I went. I wore the blue sash of a pegasi on a quest, and several times I was pulled aside to be congratulated and wished luck. I nodded and thanked each pegasi, not realizing how soon death and sorrow would be upon most of them. I walked through the Fountain Garden, feeling a twist of jealousy for the happy couples wandering around me. My jealousy was quickly forgotten, as I was entranced by the fine work of the statues and fountains. Such craftsmanship, and it was then that I decided to come back and search for a mentor. I was zapped back into reality, remembering that if I don’t complete my quest, there would be no city to return to. I cantered to the Palace gates, ready to carry the message out. A look of shock spread across my face at the guards.
Or rather, lack of them.

Chapter Three
The Fall

I gasped, and hurried down the entrance hall, refraining from stopping to look at the artwork and observe the architect. I galloped into the Throne Room, letting out a soft gasp. I watched as Lord Anatus fell from the dragons claw into a puddle of his own blood, fading into dust as he fell. I let out a shrilly cry, which unfortunately for me was enough to attract the dragons attention. I galloped out the window, flapping for dear life. The dragon just about caught me with a single flap of its own wings. I quickly remembered that dragons were faster by air, and immediately I let myself plunge to the earth, leaving the dragon confused above me. I let my wings flap a few times, and landed hard on the ground, my hooves pleading for a softer landing. I ignored the pain, and galloped off.
And then the story begins from here.

Chapter Four
The [Real] Beginning

I galloped, my dark blue hooves beating the ground, my dulling turquoise fur getting torn out my thorns. I must have left half my coat back there. My soft nose bleed, painful thorns still stuck in them. I wasn’t trained well in it, as few pegasi have skill in it, but I still called upon magic. I begged for it, looking inside myself. A left a ball of magic behind me, my fur brightening up as I listened to it explode in their faces. Hopefully, that would buy me enough time. I had to reach the Ivory Palace, the mountain kingdom.
After miles upon miles of running, thorns piercing my sides, my hooves growing sore, I decided I would take upon a more natural gate. I spread my wings, and fought my way out of the tree, twigs and leaves getting caught in my pale blue mane and tail. I fluttered my wings, and soared, a light breeze ruffling my fur. I could see the city on the horizon, but I wouldn’t get there until much after dawn. I flew through the night, enjoying myself, and my break from sore hooves and bleeding skin. Hopefully, the citys magic healer hadn’t passed on, or left. The muzzle wasn’t a very comfortable place to get a thorn. I sneezed, the thorn tingling in my nose, tickling. In spite of myself, I chuckled. The moon and the stars lit the way for me, and soon, the rising sun. The stars faded away, but now the sun and the lights of the city lit the way for me. I galloped lower, eventually click-clatting to the cobblestone pathway to the Main Gate.
“Who are you?” The guard asked. His voice was oddly high pitched.
“Apollo. I am on a Quest,” He said, looking down at the torn up blue sash, it clung to him by literally a few threads. He looked closer. The guard… was a mare?! He gaped. A pretty one, at that.
“Don’t look so stunned. I’m Aphrodite,” she replied, her voice dull. This kind of greeting clearly wasn’t new.
“Lady Aphrodite!” I bowed graciously before resuming. “What are you doing out here?” I demanded.
“Guarding my city. What does it look like?” she replied, her tone was angry, but her expression was bored.
“Sh-shouldn’t you be in the palace?” I asked. I was horribly confused.
“Well, some think that I should. I prefer not,” She said, finding a loophole in my words.
“Um… okay… see you around,” I said, cutting the conversation short. Even though my mission to save Cloud Nine failed, I could still warn the Ivory Palace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Story Time All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: