Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Hobbies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandtiger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Hobbies Reply with quote

Okay, so I decided, for once in my life, I needed something else to spend my spare time with besides SBF and the computer. Laughing Soooo.... For a while I've been thinking of different hobbies, mostly Taekwondo, Swimming and/or Horse Riding. I've got a Horse Riding introductory lesson in a week and three days, and I'll probably try out Taekwondo soon. Swimming soon enough. But there are other things I'd like to do, like Photography. So, I thought, what do y'all do and what do you tihnk I should do? It makes for an interesting discussion in my opinion!

Thanks,

~*Sandtiger~*
Narcissa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Sandie is going to ride ~. Haha, well I ride, and I might start 4-H (with horses, my geckos, or my guinea pigs). I also do Key Club (it's basically a charity club if you don't know), Eco Club, Ceramics. I used to be in my schools's Chorus (and they jammed all of the the school's Choirs into one, and I left because it was to big), and I used to play Clarinet in the Band when my riding became serious. Busy schedule XD
Vitani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay riding! Bestest of the best hobbies in my book but be warned....Once you get hooked on horses, you will be for life Wink

When I was a teen I used to play clarinet, was in my school choir, writers club, book club, science/biology club...

I write, draw, paint and sculpt...

I've been a puppy handler for MAF (Don't know if you have that kind of program, could try guide dogs? Basically you care for the pup the first year of its life, prepping it for its adult role. Hard work but totally worth it!)

I love photography

Bird watching

Chess? Or a sport...

And of course, horses. There are SO many things to get incolved in with horses besides just riding. Its the ultimate hobby Very Happy
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vitani, I must beg to differ. Very Happy I've tried horses, and dogs are the ultimate sport, my friend!

So, I would suggest dog 4-H or something similar, but of course not everyone gets as excited about dogs as I do. xD

Some other things to try are photography, art, and writing; all creative things. It would be good to join a club. Wildlife-watching can be really fun, but it's not for everyone.
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed dogs all the way!!!!!!!!!!! but anyways ya, i do basic dog training with mydogs and also practice, and i do a little bit of agility now adn then.
Vitani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong - I love dogs too!

Its just my first passion is horses lol Laughing

Thats why I suggested puppy handling...I found it very rewarding, though its hard giving the pups up after a year >.<
Trinity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hobbies include working 40 hours and taking care of 5 young children while not working. lol.

But, when I'm not doing either, I love horseback riding, in fact, Ive been letting the twins go riding with me lately. I dont let them ride on the trail yet, though, I love making jewelry.

Hiking and Camping are one of my favorite things to do. They're not for everyone, but i love them. Camping is something I can do with te whole family, hiking I do with the older ones. And the baby goes everywhere with me. lol. Except horseback riding.
Narcissa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I love dogs too, I'm a volunteer/socializer (not foster) with a rescue. Sometimes I take dogs with me to the farm!! The rescue has no actual building right now, so I also do TONS of fundraisers with it XD.

I also hope to start at a retired-racehorse adoption farm, and help with the care and socialization of OTTBs that are not ready to be trained (they don't start training until a horse has been off the track for a year). I hopefully am going to adopt a horse from there, I have one lovely four in mind year old that I have fallen in love with.
Cassy7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i work on a farm so i am almost always busy, but i work at a vet hospital, mostly because that is what i want to be.
i had a horse Honey Bee, but we had to sell her due to money Crying or Very sad
other than all that i find sports engaging, but then again im extremly competitive, so sports arent for everyone.. Wink
Heather

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just letting you know, Taekwondo is extremely difficult and time consuming... I used to be a black belt but it was so hard! I like singing and acting. I found it a good way to keep active with all the dancing on stage and its alot of fun Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: