Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Mourning A Lost Friend- (Snippet/Note inside)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandtiger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Mourning A Lost Friend- (Snippet/Note inside) Reply with quote

Okay, I have finally realized I am no good at keeping a big story up if only to abandon it or whatnot, so no continuing stories with chapters for me anymore. Just little or big dabbles, snippets, whatever you like to call them. This popped out of my head, I would like to continue this one, but as stated above, I'd probably never keep it up. *Sigh* Smile

The daylight was hidden behind the sheen of silvery clouds, a light drizzle to match the dreary setting. Below the vast clouds of gray and white, was a wide expanse of green meadows, perked full of wild flowers, and there, a one, lonely grave. Two people stood in front of it, one keeled down and sobbing for there lost comrade, there best friend. The other, a few years older and a young woman of 18 years, stood solemnly. Had they really lost her, thought the black and white haired woman. Just then a raptor, a bird of prey, with blue, white and gray feathers, marked by golden eyes perched on the younger girl's shoulder. The bird cooed softly, marked by almost apparent sympathy in the bright golden eyes, trying to comfort the younger teen girl, but to no avail it seemed. The clouds floated above, the heavens still lightly crying, raining as it was called.

There names were Hitomi, Tsukitori, and Azaptorianna. Their lost friend's name, Amaratsu. Hitomi was a thin, average to short girl of her age, she was 15-16 in fact. She had pale tan skin and black, blue hair, with the dark blue eyes to match. She had a rounded face and slightly puffy cheeks. Tsukitori was older than her fellow, she was 17 only days ago, recently turned 18. She had a bit of a similar appearance. She herself had shoulder length ebony black hair with white bangs. However this was styled into a long ponytail in the back and two loopies in the front, held by the hair band in the back that held her ponytail. She was a tall, skinny girl for her age, and had extremely pale, almost white skin. Azaptorianna was a bird of prey, similar to a hawk or kite, but had two long tail feathers that were almost like streamers, same with her head. Her base color was white, but had stripes of blue and her eyes were amber. She was Tsukitori's companion, but was friends with Hitomi. She had telepathic capability. Amaratsu had been a bright, cheerful girl, handed the duty at a young age to make sure her hometown, was safe from danger. And she died, doing just that, defending her hometown. Now she was gone forever.

Hitomi kept lightly crying, her body wracking with the mournful sobs. Did no one understand, not even her mentor, Tsukitori, understood. She had lost her best friend in the whole world, and to what? A stupid band of extremely powerful thugs. Thugs had taken her best friend, in actual fact, they were samurai, but no matter, thugs all the same to her. She looked to the sky and prayed her friend was up in the heavens, where she belonged, along with everyone else. Azaptorianna gave up trying and almost seemed to shake her head as if it was foolish to even have tried and fluttered back to Tsukitori's shoulder. The grave itself, read:

AMARATSU, THE DECEASED LEADER.
MAY YOU REST IN PEACE.

Why did they not bother to make it more constructed, more meaningful? Tsukitori sighed, she did not know what to say. Nothing would make her come back, nothing, except if she had... She grasped the necklace that laid plaintively on her neck. It held that special water she had received on her travels as a nomad, back when she had began to train and help Mahiru, Hitomi and Ameratsu. So far back it seemed, like a century ago. She then keeled right beside Hitomi and put her hand on her friend's shoulder. she spoke softly, -"Hitomi, she did what she needed to do, her duty is complete, don't you know? She died with a smile on her face, she was peaceful, despite her violent cause of death,"

That had set her off. Suddenly, almost completely out of character for the usually shy and happy Hitomi, she burst, hurt, shouting angrily, -"I DON'T CARE! IF SHE HAD CARED ABOUT US, SHE WOULDN'T HAVE DIED! WHY DID SHE LEAVE US? WHY, WHY? AMERATSU!" The younger girl's sobs became louder as she mumbled out random words, most of them incoherent to Tsukitori and Azaptorianna's ears. Tsukitori sighed and stood. than it hit her, she knew what she would do. Azaptorianna had not just telepathic capabilities, just perhaps, she could... "Azaptorianna!" -Whispered Tsukitori in a hushed tone, so Hitomi could not here. When she was done, she let Azaptorianna go, who flew up and up in away, above the clouds, out of sight. She then smiled for the first time in what seemed like years.

A few minutes later, the weather suddenly began to clear, almost mysteriously. It had shown no signs of let up before this. The rain stopped, the clouds either evaporated or simply moved away, revealed a bright, and shining sun, marked by an extravagant, and clear rainbow. This would of been Ameratsu's favorite time of day, just after a rain shower, you know hope had returned to the land. Hitomi gasped and turned, standing now. She gasped out loud, -"H-How? Just a moment ago, its like..." Tsukitori simply smiled, hands in her pocket, her head turned to the bright sun. "Yes, Hitomi, do you see now?" -Said Tsukitori. She just nodded, and Azaptorianna returned to Tsukitori's shoulder, with a soft, sweet whistle, happy her friend's were better. Tsukitori offered her hand to Hitomi, a sign she would be able to move on hopefully. Hitomi cringed and almost hesitated, but then put her hand into her friend's larger, and paler one. "You ready?" -Smiled a hopeful Tsukitori, Hitomi just nodded, Azaptorianna by there side, they walked off into the distance. They knew things would turn out for the better, thanks to Ameratsu. Tsukitori just looked to the side, her own bright, aqua blue eyes shining, and thought, Thank you Ameratsu... For Everything...

There we go! Comments?
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Story Time All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: