Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

gone for the weekend...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvbuilding429

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: gone for the weekend... Reply with quote

hi everyone! just thought i'd let you know that i will be gone this weekend. i am going with a church group to this awesome place called The RAMP. it's like a huge worship gathering that has gotten so big that they got locked out of their building by the state fire marshall for being wayyyyyy over capacity, so we may have to have services out in the parking lot like they have been doing the past couple of weeks. not very fun in 100+ weather! but i am just so excited about finally getting to go that i really don't care how hot it is! we are going up there this afternoon, staying in a hotel tonight and we will be out very late saturday night so we may have to stay another night in the hotel. so anyway i probably won't be able to get back on until sunday, if i'm not too tired then! so there won't be a ^429 - Daily Large Cat Event for a few days. just thought i'd let you know!!!
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun =]

I love youth group retreats, they are the best. It is so nice to just get away from everything with the youth group =]
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, have fun! Sounds great. Very Happy
iluvbuilding429

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are so right, trent! (how did you know it was a youth trip? i didn't say that! haha!) and thanks fire opal, i'm sure i will have fun!!!
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

=]

Well, some church trips are with youth groups, and you seem young enough to be in the youth group xD

did your church go to LIFE?
iluvbuilding429

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but what is that? sounds really good?
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt able to go [it was for Sr. High only, I was a year too young Sad ]

It was some thing in Kentucky. A lot of good christian speakers were there, and the people got to meet some band and all. Apparently very good though.
iluvbuilding429

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that does sound really good! but our church is only a year old, so raising that kind of money would be hard! we did a fundraiser night at CiCi's pizza and had a spaghetti luch for donations at the church just to raise the money to go 3 hours away....i could imagine how much going to kentucky would cost!!
*~Trent~*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it cost $800 to go. Our church had tons of fundraisers. A free car wash (they got sponsors), a movie night, and stuff like that.

One person insisted on paying. When my friend said no, the guy threw the money at her, jumped in his car, locked it, and sped off. Mr. Green

And then some rich woman brought in 3 cars, and acted really snotty about it. She said "You missed a spot" to this guy and he said, "Well I'm sorry for running a FREE car wash" hahahaha it was so funny

Our youth group is pretty tight. My cousins is really big, but it is all cliques, and she doesnt even know everyones name. Mine has like 30+ people, but we all know each other, maybe not on a personal level but we have talked to everyone before. We are all going to play laser tag next sunday =]
iluvbuilding429

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love laser tag Very Happy

well i am back....it was awesome!!! we were in service friday night until after 10, so finding somewhere to eat was interesting.... (it's like a town of 6,000!) saturday we had a morning service and then everyone went down to a nearby creek to have an old-fashioned baptism service! it was soooo awesome. you went through this line of people praying for you in the water and then they dunked about 20 at a time! i came out of there feeling like i had some kind of electric current running through me or something! never felt anything like that in my life.... it was just amazing. then we had saturday night service which was great. we got to see a lot of dances from their dance/drama team called chosen. they are soooo good! actually i'm listening to one of the songs they danced to, my beloved by cory asbury...cool song! well anyway we got out of service about midnight(haha a 5 hour service!!) so we got back sometime around 2:30-3 in the morning! so i am really tired...and i only slept like 2 hours friday night!!!

yeah our youth group only has about 12 people most of the time, but really i like it that way. everyone knows everyone, and it makes it a lot easier to go on trips!!! (and find a place for the whole group to sit because at the ramp you have to sit on the floor!) i hate when you have all those cliques in larger groups....i never went to youth before now because of them. i'm so thankful we all get along so well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: