Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

I am so annoyed...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: I am so annoyed... Reply with quote

So I was practicing with my dog, Shelby, and all of a sudden she quits me. I have State Fair in two weeks, and a session with a very important dog lady tomorrow, and Shelby decides to forget everything I've taught her in the past year.

Great.

I'm supposed to be working on things to improve Shelby, and instead I'm taking steps back. Needless to say, I am quite annoyed, not to mention frustrated. Mad

I can only hope she pulls herself together soon. *sigh*
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek, sounds like a mess! I hope you can work it out! Best wishes Opal and Good luck!

Bratt Very Happy
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, thank you. =3 I've practiced some more and she isn't so bad, although she still is doing more poorly than when she first started.

Still, I think it'll be okay... My session with the dog lady isn't all that important. If Shelby's off her game, oh well. =D
Vitani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens....Like a human pro athlete..Sometimes you just feel off.

Has anything changed in her home environment recently? Sometimes the weirdest thing can make pets act differently...

We had a dog who refused to go in the kitchen for a week after we changed his food bowl from brown to blue. Go figure >< (no, he didn't starve himself lol, just refused to go eat in the kitchen)
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The day before I locked her outside (well, not completely; there is a room she's allowed in), because she kept relieving herself inside instead of outside, and I was tired of cleaning it up. Rolling Eyes

Later today I was thinking about it and I figured that must have been the problem. I guess she just didn't feel in the mood to do what she was supposed to, lol. She's so finicky sometimes; shelties can be that way. They are a sensitive breed.

So, I am letting her stay inside now, and hopefully she'll be ready for tomorrow.

P.S., wow, that was a big reaction from a small change. Just out of curiosity, what breed was he?
Vitani

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, yeah, that might have been it. I find bitches especially can be more on the fickle side...I don't know much about Shelties in general.

Brodie was a German Shepherd/Great Dane cross....We only had him for 6 months. I adored him Sad He was just one of those dogs I guess....Y'know the kind? Like a toddler that holds its breath till it gets what it wants lol!

Considering I don't think he could see the colour difference, and it was the same size, shape and plastic of the old one....Go figure. He got over it after about a week...We had to feed him elsewhere till he accepted the new bowl, then he was fine to eat where he usually ate. Weird...
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! Y'know, I bet it was the smell that bothered him. It probably smelled new, and he didn't like it, so he threw a fit. I'm sorry he passed so soon.

All we've ever had were female dogs, but I have heard that they can be that way; at least, more so than males. Still, I think all I'll ever want is a fickle female! Especially a fickle little sheltie. Very Happy 'Cause when a sheltie's happy, you can't help but be happy with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: