Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

The Name of the Game was Blackmail

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heather

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: The Name of the Game was Blackmail Reply with quote

(Based off the Story "The Name if the Game was Murder" by Joan Lowry Nixon. Definatley recommend it.)

The character's in the first chapter:
Tori: A clumsy 15 year old girl who really wants to visit her unlce on his island. She wants to be a writer just like him.
Picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-xYqjyGrSWs/S7bJ4snjNSI/AAAAAAAAAE0/2BPfFLdRU28/s320/anya.jpeg
Adam: A star on the football, baseball and occasionally track teams who is too thick-headed to enjoy himself on a beautiful island. Only good part about this trip to him is that he can make fun of Tori, or so he thinks.
Picture: http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/a60645cb49310cc2b6ae760c0940c24a.jpg

Chapter 1: The Ferry

Tori leaned against the had of the ferry, looking out to the beautiful islands. She looked over at her cousin, Adam, and groaned. As always, stuffing his face. She thought and looked back at the islands glorious trees.

"Is that it?" She poked Adam, still looking at the island. "Is that Uncle Harrold's Island?"

"How should I know?" Adam muttered and continued eating what looked like a piece of chicken to Tori. Tori rolled her eyes. She knew Adam wasn't as excited as her to be with their aunt and uncle but she was thrilled. Tori turned back to her bag and looked through some old papers. She smiled as she picked up at poem she wrote. Uncle Harrold was a writer, a famous writer and the whole reason she came was because she wanted him to read what she wrote. Adam turned and looked over her shoulder. She tried hiding the words but gave up. He, being 17 and she was only 15, was much taller than her and would be able to see the writing no matter what. Adam started laughing as he finished reading.

"Go ahead. Laugh all you want." She grumbled. "But I think Uncle Harrold will love it." She said turning to look up at him.

"I highly doubt Uncle Harrold will even read it!" Adam burst out laughing again and stole the paper from her, reading it again. "Come on." He said after he stopped laughing. "Be reasonable." He threw the paper back at her.

"I am." Tori said, defensively.

"Now arriving at BM Island" The loudspeaker rangin their ears.

"Let's go. I'm starving!" Adam smiled and starte walking off as Tori rolled her eyes and followed slowly.

What do you think?
Bratterratt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep going!!!

Bratt Very Happy
Heather

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Characters:

Uncle Harrold: A bitter 36 year old man with a devious brain. Cold hearted and cares for nothing. A writer.
Picture: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ghejKpHMtJI/S7f4U9_Ex3I/AAAAAAAAAU4/EC7vuYz4hRg/s1600/Raymond%2BScott.jpg
Aunt Tammi: A sweet and kind 34 year old woman. She's a house wife and mother. She's warm, welcoming and caring.
Picture: http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/2075.gif
Maggie: A cold hearted 17 year old who is staying with the family for a few months to "learn" the importance of help. The only thing she's learning is never to trust her parents.
Picture: http://www.bopandtigerbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/907175132.jpg

Chapter 2: Haunted House

It got dark quickly, which made the difficult walk up to the mansion harder. She stopped and looked up at the house. In the moonlight, it looked like a haunted house. It was dark and looked as if it had been untouched for years. It was quiet, which made the house seem scarier to her. She shivered.

"Come on!" Adam yelled. He had gotten pretty far away by now and had to scream to be heard. Tori realized that she had been staring for a while. She hurried up to him. By the time she caught up, he was already at the front doors. She looked him. His face was staring blankly at the door but his eyes were scared.
Tori shut her eyes and tapped lightly at the door. The door creaked open. The creaking made Adam jump slightly. Tori peeked inside. All the lights were shut off. She stepped in as silently as possible. She could see that they were in the living room. There was a small couch and then a huge one that wrapped around the television. She walked further. Next to the long couch was the kitchen. There was a pot simmering and a coffee maker on. A little table with three chairs was next to the big refrigerator. Tori walked through the kitchen, checking back every time she took a step to make sure Adam was following. Past the kitchen was the dining room. The table was longer than the couch and 6 places were set up. Above the table was a huge chandelier that looked as if one touch would break every tiny diamond light holders.
As soon as Tori reached the staircase, she knew this house was going to be hard to get used to. The staircase was longer than the couch and the table put together. It twisted around a long pole that went up higher and higher.
Once Tori and Adam reached the top, everything from the bottom floor was nothing. A tall casket leaned up against the wall. It seemed like it was from ancient Egypt. Tori leaned closer and it started humming. She closed her eyes and stepped backwards, covering her mouth. As soon as she did, the casket opened.
"Get out of my house!" The object screamed. And then everything went black.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Story Time All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: