Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Scared To Death...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Scared To Death... Reply with quote

...Of storms!

Is anyone else? Can anyone give me any advice?

Cause right about now I am sitting in my basement scared to death aand typing this about a mile a minute hopping my internet won't go down before I post this, Plus I am listening to my dog drink a ton of water and yelling at him to stop. Most likely I will have to clean it all of it up after he pukes it all back up from paceing and panting too much. Fun.

SOMEONE HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!

Any advice?
sandtiger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hit home. Shocked *Chatters teeth* I am deathly afraid of storms, particularly severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, booming thunder of doom. I had a particularly... bad one... with lightning. You get it well enough. We get slammed here often enough, not as much as some peeps, oh, but we get slammed, just last night or so I think, you have it right now?!??!? Shocked Sad All I can say is wish you the best of luck, and definitely keep an eye on that weather! IT can change in a millisecond, from gentle to deathly. Not trying to scare ya, just be on your toes. Shocked I prayer you and your family will be alright from any storm. Smile
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you got it right when you say it changes in a split second. One minute it was storming and now it's sunny all over, clean pretty blue sky, and hot as hell. Confused lol.

Sadly enough there may be another one comming through in about 2hrs. Sad

*Sighs*

Yea... This one hopefully {I'm praying for a maricle right now} will calm down a bit before it hits us or, and this is my favorite option, it completely avoids us. Right now I am tracking it on my laptop, whitch ammazingly enough still has connection Shocked ....

It looks like a very violent one, a.k.a. Tornado watches and one or two warnings. I am praying for it to by pass us or at least calm way down...

See? That's what it's like at my house. It either is a storm or a hard rain or clear. No inbetween Sad .

I'm just going to try to stay calm. [I guess that means I'll be sleeping and eating in the baement tonight. Rolling Eyes ]

I CAN'T STAY CALM!!!!! UGGGGG!!!!

*Screams*
*Hic-ups*
*Laughs hystarically*
*Meditates*

I think I'm ok now............................

.....................kinda..........................

Shocked

I guess I'll just keep tracking it and hope for the best. Sad

*Sighs*

---**SD**
sandtiger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomebodyDude wrote:
this is my favorite option, it completely avoids us.

Can't agree more with that one. Laughing Shocked Heck, a violent one, I hate those, I've never really experienced them, but I've seen them really, really close to where I live in like, the nearest big city, and that's pretty close for me. Shocked 2 hour interval hah? Great, at least I hope you guys don't get millions of stationary fronts or nearly still standing storms for days on end sometimes. The worse storms I got to say are at night, YOU CAN NOT GET TO SLEEP WHEN IT FEELS LIKE THE DOOM SONG OF DEATH IS PLAYING OUTSIDE. A.K.A thunder, lightning, hail... Sorry, a bit over dramatic there. Embarassed Good luck.
Snook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storms don't bother me. The only time I got upset at a storm was when the power went off during American Idol right when they were voting someone off.

My favorite thing to do during bad storms when the power is still on is to listen to the Titanic soundtrack or watch Titanic. It adds to the atmosphere and gets you really into it.

Snook
Trinity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomebodyDude wrote:

See? That's what it's like at my house. It either is a storm or a hard rain or clear. No inbetween Sad .

It's the same here! About a month or so ago we had 2 big tornados which completely flooded everywhere around me. It was horrible the nearest big city (which is a huge one) was completely flooded. The Grand Ole Opry is still closed. Half of my state was in a state of emergancy.

But I love storms. lol. I know Im wierd but I absolutely love them!
koneko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only major storms we have is Thunder Storms, and only scares me when I am outside.
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not scared of storms at all. I love them! In our area, we don't have any risk of tornados, tsunamis, or major earthquakes, so there is nothing to seriously worry about. I enjoy thunderstorms, with the lightning and the rain and everything. Very Happy
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Opal wrote:
I'm not scared of storms at all. I love them! In our area, we don't have any risk of tornados, tsunamis, or major earthquakes, so there is nothing to seriously worry about. I enjoy thunderstorms, with the lightning and the rain and everything. Very Happy

Lucky Duck... This is why I absoulutly hate spring.... Storms, Storms, Storms!

We go lucky and it passed just north of us ... Embarassed Phew...
Alabama
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oldest was like that for a while.

I think the best thing to try and think of while there is a storm is anything but the storm. Try getting involved in something to take your mind off of it, like reading, writing or something else constructive.

If you can't, then keep trying to tell yourself that even the worst storms have a very low probability of hurting you specifically. And worrying about it only expends your energy negatively. Do all you can to make yourself as safe as possible, then try to leave it to someone else to worry about. Your worry isn't going to change anything.
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me Storms+me=Sleepy time. I LOVE sleeping furing storms, there is actually a storm out there with a 60% chance of turning into a hurricane on us, *sigh* although i have my books, and my music. Tip for you, try blasting your ipod or what not not in your ear but loud enough to drain out any noise, sit in a dark room with a lamp or something, maybe a good book Smile those tricks help me. I have gotten quite scared of one major storm that hit us, hurricane Frances who came awhile back, completly terrified me, but i got to play a week long game of monopoly with my family, also we stayed with my gandma and papa and, papa has 2 big generators so we had TV and A/C. Although she did lose her screened in patio to that storm.
Cocodri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna second wolfgirl because that's what I do - sit in a room and read although I admit I will have the radio or TV on a weather channel just in case it gets close enough to have to run for the basement.

That said - that was when I lived in Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska - tornado alley. I've actually seen them rip the stop sign off my street a few houses down - and then miss us.

I love New Mexico storms. We are really high altitude and the clouds are right on top of you it seems. Amazing to watch, usually short, and the only real danger is flash flooding and lightning strikes - no tornados. We are not close to any place that floods - we have a couple of washes that you wouldn't want to cross during or after a storm but we're safe on the ranch. And if lightning strikes - well, lightning does as it pleases but we aren't really high enough to worry about that - it hits the mountains all around us.
SomebodyDude

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! That does work! I almost always sit in my basement through storms and listen to my ipod! It helps droan out the noises...

Yea, half the reason I'm so scared of them *I think* is because that when I was about 4 a tornado ripped through my town, practially destroying the day-care I was at only a few hours before.

*Shudders*

I can't get over how I could have been there and gotten badly injured or even died....

I mean I know they can't hurt me but.... They just scare me...

This may sound really weird but, I am [as my parents say] almost like a dog. I can partially feel the preassure changes.... Weird I know Embarassed ... I also will sometimes, when there is a really bad storm, get head-aches from the preassure changes, and if there is lightning I can almost taste the electricity in the air.

What also works for me is I call my old science teacher who is a storm chaser Smile ... I think he is crazy >.< ...

And good luck on that one Wolfie!
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile thanks it might just dicaoate into the ocean, as in Florida over here we dont get many tornado's especially where i am, we got a tornado once a couple years ago, i lived in a apartment on the 3rd floor and we were sitting there during the wind, and a HUGE trampoline flew by our window, we half laughed. We do get a few lightening strikes but nothing too bad, i actually like lightening, i love how it was change 'color' and shape.
KaylaBlue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in your past life, you were a horse!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Chicken Chatter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: