Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Eternity Waits: A short story I wrote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want me to continue this series of short stories?
Heck yeah! PLEASE post the next one soon!
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
Um NO, duh you suck you stupid *&$%#@!
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
I honestly don't care.
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
ummmmm.....
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

~~rose~~

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was amazing, I'm going to post the entire story on one post so that you don't have to look for the next chapter all the time in a little while.
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternity Waits
Chapter 1
...He looked up, perfect blue eyes filled with sorrow. I couldn't stand to see him like this. He was indestructable, he was unstoppable, or so I had thought. But here we were now, trapped, caged like animals, waiting for death. I reached out to him, ran my hand through his soft, carmel colored hair then down to his cheek. I knew he was worried only about me, but i wasn't afraid. "Don't worry," I said knowing that he would anyway, "Eternity waits."...

The day I first saw him I knew my life would never be the same. All of my friends were talking about the "new kid" but none of them had mentioned how amazingly beautiful he was. He was perfect, he was an angel, and from the moment I first looked into his blue eyes I knew that I was in love with him.
Over the next few weeks (or was it months?) I felt as though my heart was being ripped from my chest. He was perfect in every way. He was handsome beyond belief, the smartest person in every class, good at sports, kind....I had no chance. Why would someone like him ever love someone like me?
I wasn't the prettiest, or the smartest, and I couldn't even catch a ball. I mean, I wasn't ugly, but I still wasn't beautiful enough. I wasn't completely stupid, but I wasn't smart enough. I wasn't in bad physical shape, but....I don't even want to start on sports. There was no way he could ever love me.
At first I tried to ignore my feelings, but I didn't work. It made it even worse. I would find myself in the middle of class drawing his face when I was supposed to be doing pre algebra, or science, or language. I would stare at the back of his head at lunch then realize how pathetic I was when I realized I was thinking about what a perfect head it was. Nothing could suppress my feelings. I dreaded the day when they would explode.
His name was Matt. A good name that had once seemed ordinary but was now extraordinary. I nearly jumped and laughed and danced with joy the day he started talking to me. We were soon great friends, and though my heart nearly burst with joy every time he called me his name for me "Nerd", I wanted more. I wanted to be more than friends. I wanted him to love me as much as I loved him.
I thought that that would never happen and told myself that we would always be, "just friends", but that never completely killed the hope in my heart. I always thought about him as mine, protectivly. I knew that I would be willing to die for him.
Gosh, I wish I had known that he felt the same a lot sooner

Eternity Waits
Chapter 2

It seemed like an ordinary day to me, I talked with Matt (a lot), I talked with my other friends (a bit), and I walked home after drama sighing thinking that no matter how much I hoped that he would love me it would never happen. My world now seemed to revolve around him. It felt like a knife in the chest every time somebody asked if we were going out and I had to answer no.
So I was walking home when I decided to take the long way. We had nothing going on tonight and my mom wouldn't care if I were a bit late, (I hoped). So I started walking the long way, then I decided to just stop by a nearby gas station for something to drink.
When I got there there were only a few people, not very unusual. The people themselves were though. At first I thought they were goth, or a gang or something like that. But their bodies, dressed all in black never twitched, never moved, and their eyes, all a weird grey color followed me. There were five of them, all guys, and lemme tell ya they gave me the creeps!
I quickly grab a vitamin water, payed for it and got the heck outa there. I walked quickly as I could, and after a while I noticed that my feet were carrying me towards the school, towards Matt's house, no not my own, but Matt's!!! I scolded myself, what was I thinking?! From here my house was closer, but there was an odd secure feeling I have when I'm around him and I was instinctively getting as close as possible.
As I was walking I felt a weird cold feeling come over me. I shivered then looked behind me. Ok, I admit it, I freaked! But wouldn't you if one of those dudes from the gas station was following you? He was half a block behind me, standing perfectly still. The wind didn't seem to touch him. He was like a statue and if I hadn't seen at the gas station I wouldn't have believed he was real.
I stopped looking at him and started walking faster than before. The cold feeling followed me, I shivered again and glanced behind me. He was walking. I froze trying to deny that this was real, but I knew all of it was real, I could feel it. The guy walked with perfect, deadly, grace. His face remained expressionless, his dark clothes and hair unmoving in the wind.
I turned and ran. I couldn't think of anything else to do. My mind worked to think of plans, worked to find good ones at least, it came up with stupid ones too easy. I glanced quickly over my shoulder, he was gaining! He was walking so fast.....Wait, I looked again. He was still WALKING, and I was SPRINTING! I'm not the fastest person in the world but I'm not that slow!
There had to be a logical explanation. He was a demon of some sort or....ummm, is him being a demon a logical explanation? Probably not. I kept on running. If this guy (or demon as my mind kept wanting to call him) wanted me for some reason, I wasn't going to make it any easier for him then it already seemed to be.
As I have already let you know, I am pathetic. I tripped on my own shoelace and did a face plant. Needless to say when I finally rolled over the dude was standing right there stareing at me with his head a bit tilted in a way that was totally scary. I of course, flipped out and tried to crawl away or make some feeble attempt to escape. Then I really flipped out when I discovered that I couldn't move. And all this time he stands there and stares at me! Can't he say something like they do in the movies? You know a little "I'm going to kill you", or "I vant to suck your blood!" or something like that so I can scream and we get this over with!
Then in an amazingly quick, lithe motion he crouches down over me and asks, "Who are you?" in a very menacing voice. I felt my mouth move but no words came out. I felt the cold loosen a bit.
"What is your name?" he asked. That ticked me off. He follows me, scares the crap out of me, and it's all just so he can ask me my name.
So I glared at him and said, "Bob." Lemme tell you, the look on his face almost made me laugh out loud. It was SO funny. Ha ha, yeah it wasn't so funny afterwards.
He snarled at me, no joke, snarled like an animal, and said, "NO ONE DEFIES US!" and then he knocked me out.

Hmmm....note to self:Don't give these dudes attitude, they don't like it. Mom always did say I have an attitude problem.

Eternity Waits
Chapter 3

I didn't open my eyes right away when I woke up. I didn't know what I would see. From my experiances lately it could have been a pink world filled with magic ponies and cotton candy, or some evil clown could be standing over me with a knife.
I stifled a groan, I had just about the worst headache ever. I thought about the creepy dude who had followed me in that weird little nightmare I had. It was just about then that I noticed that this wasn't my queen sized water bed, the air smelled funny, and I was cold. I said a bunch of cuss words in my head. It wasn't a nightmare! It was real!
I opened one eye the tiniest bit. No, I wasn't in an evil lair, that's a plus. I opened it all the way. I was in a hospital room. Hmm, that's interesting, it's not everyday that you end up in a hospital and don't know how you got there. And then I heard a wonderful voice that made me forget any worries or questions I had just had.
I turned my head and checked very thoroughly to make sure every detail was just right, to make sure he was really there. I had a sudden urge to poke him just to make sure. Yep, you guessed it, Matt was sitting there next to my hospital bed.
So being the idiot that I am I asked, "Whateryoudoinhere?" really fast and all munched up together.
He smiled and ignored my question, "How are you feeling?" he asked.
I made sure to say each word slow enough and not smushed together, "Umm, fine other than the fact that I have a killer headache, and I'm in a hospital and I'm not exactly sure why."
I caught a look that might have been relief cross his face. "So you don't remember anything?" he asked. I swear he was almost hopeful.
"Um, I think I remember being followed by this one dude and then being hit on the head."
"What do you mean you "think"?" he asked cautiously.
All the sudden I knew I could and had to, tell him everything. "The dude was so creepy he just didn't seem real," I started, shuddering as I thought of him, "I was at that gas station by the school and there were these five guys there. They kept watching me and they really freaked me out."
"What did they look like?" he interupted.
I looked at his face, how could someone be so beautiful even when they're frowning? "Well, all of them were really pale, and had weird gray eyes," I started. His frown deepened. "They all had at least longish hair, and they all wore black." It was my turn to frown as I made my mind drag up the details I didn't want to think about. "And they never moved. They were all perfectly still, they didn't even twitch. Anyways, they scared me so I left pretty quick. Then I got this weird feeling, and I looked behind me and one of them was following me."
"Which one?" Matt asked, his face hard.
"Matt, what's going on? Do you know them? What do they..." Matt raised his hand to stop my endless fountain of questions. "I didn't want you involved in this but now you are. I'll tell you everything you should know, but first you have to tell me everything you remember, ok?"
I nodded, and he repeated his question, "Which one followed you?"
"He was medium height for a dude, black hair, his eyes were a dark grey, he musta been about..." I paused, I couldn't put an age to him. Come to think of it, I couldn't put an age to any of them.
"I donno how old he was."
Matt nodded as if he had expected this. "Ok, so then what happened?"
"I started running, and he caught up anyways." I blushed before I continued, "I kinda tripped and fell on my face, and when I looked up he was standing there. He just stared at me for a while, then he asked who I was and what my name is."
Matt turned pale, "And what did you answer?" he asked.
I blushed again, "I was mad, so I said Bob. He didn't like that, and he yelled "NO ONE DEFIES US!" and now I'm here....ta da."
Matt looked just about as shocked as the creep had when I answered Bob, then he started laughing at me, a typical Matt thing to do. When he finally quit laughing he got serious again, but I could tell he was still amused. "You have some serious guts Nerd," he said, "Very few people could or would stand up to one of them like that."
"Ok," I said, "My turn for questions. What happened afterwards?"
"I was outside, heard a bunch of noise, went to see what it was and found you laying there. I took you to my house and we called an ambulance."
I was in his house!!! Ugh! It was just my luck that I had been unconcious the entire time. I looked at him, looked into his eyes. He was lying, or at least not telling me everything. Oh well, I would get the truth out him soon enough. Maybe I could blackmail him into telling me by threatening to tell everyone what his grandma's nickname for him was..."Ok, question mumber two, who are those dudes?"
"I'm not telling you."
"What?! you promised!!!"
"I promised to tell you what you needed to know, I didn't say when I would tell you."
I just glared at him as he smiled and went to tell everyone that I was awake.

I was SOOO telling everyone his grandma's nickname for him. Why are mysterious guys so hot on movies and so annoying in real life?!

Eternity Waits
Chapter 4

It turns out that I didn't have a concussion or any injuries other than some bruises and scrapes from when I fell. Matt left as soon as they said I was fine and I glared at him until he was out of sight. My mom of course, was in tears and doing a pretty good impression of Niagra Falls. "Oh my poor baby! I'm so sorry you had to walk home all alone...I'm so glad that nice young man was nearby and found you! Ohhh..."
Yeah, it was pretty annoying, just like the fact that the "nice young man" refused to tell me anything, including any part of the truth. I know that what happened wasn't normal, that something weird was going on. And I had a feeling that Matt was involved with it.
Then I went home where I was bombarded with calls from all of my friends. The conversations were all the same...Yes, it's true that I was attacked....Yes, I'm out of the hospital....No, I wasn't hurt....And then one of my closer friends asked the unavoidable half-question. I was getting sick of calls when my good friend Lynzi called. She asked if I was ok, and all that crap, and then she asked another question. "So I heard that it was Matt who found you....was it really him?"
I sighed then answered, "Yes, Lynzi, it was really Matt."
And then she exploded into an endless fountain of words, and wouldn't shut up. "Ohmigosh! He totally likes you! Didn't I tell you he likes you?! You are SOO lucky! I can see it now! You and Matt growing up and getting married, with me as the brides maid....You two are like SOO cute together. I can't believe this is happening! You like him and he likes you and you'll live happily ever after with the hottie from a fairy tale, wow! Ohmigosh! Did he like wait for you to wake up in the hospital?"
"Yeah, he did." If she had been crazy before, she was going to explode now. Three....two.....one....
"OHMIGOSH!!!! I can't believe it! You guys are SOO totally meant for eachother! I TOLD you he likes you! He actually waited with you while you were unconcious, that is SOO cool!"
"Lynzi, he was probably just worried, anyone would have done the same thing." Was I trying to convince her, or myself?
"No way, he sooo likes you. He STARES at you during class."
"Lynz, I....WHAT? He stares at me? Why didn't you tell me before?"
"Yep! He does, especially during World Geo., Pre. Alg., and just about every other class where he sits where he can. Lemme tell ya, it'pretty cute, the way he just gazes at you..."
"Wow...." I couldn't think of anything else to say. What if he felt the way about me that I felt about him?
"Lynzi, you are the most amazing friend ever."
"You know it! I'll let you go to sleep and dream about you future husband....dum dum da dum, dum dum da dum..."
"Ok, bye Lynz."
"Bye!"
I plopped myself down on my bed. What a day. I sighed and put my pajamas on, turned off the light and went to bed. Lynzi's words echoed in my head "...You guys are SOO totally meant for eachother!...Lemme tell ya, it's pretty cute, the way he just gazes at you..."
I sighed again, I had been doing that a lot lately. Huh, it's funny how right friends are sometimes, because when I dreamed, I dreamed of Matt...

I was running as fast as I could, my breath coming in short gasps. I couldn't run like this for much longer. I looked behind me, seeing exactly the opposite of what I wanted to see, a dark figure walking, gaining on me. I tripped, and fell. I rolled back over ready to put up a fight. I relaxed instantly when I saw who was there. Matt was leaning over me, his breath warm on my face. He smiled then touched my cheek, ever so gently. "Don't worry," he said, "They will never hurt you, I will never let them hurt you. You're safe now."
I wrapped my arms around his neck, and hugged him as tight as I could. He was all that was real right now, warm and comforting. I loosened my death grip on him a bit and leaned back. "You'll never leave me?" I asked.
"Never, ever," he answered.
Then all of the sudden, something was wrong. An icy cold came and Matt felt more like a giant ice cube than a human being. I looked around then back at his face. Then I dropped my arms from his neck, and felt like an icy hand was choking me.
Matt's eyes, which were usually a brilliant blue, were grey. And his smile, usually so warm and friendly, was cruel, lips parted revealing sharp canine teeth. I tried to yell, I tried to run, to cry, to do anything, but I couldn't. "They will never have you," he said, in a cold voice that couldn't possibly be his. "You're all mine." Then with another crooked, cruel smile, he lunged for my throat.

Sometimes friends are so wrong about something you want to slap them across the face.

Eternity Waits
Chapter 5, part 1

I woke up screaming and gasping for breath. The nightmare had been so wrong, felt so real...It had played on my worst, most unimaginable fears. It was 3:02 a.m. but I didn't go back to sleep for fear that the nightmare would return. I allowed myself to shudder one last time before blocking it from my mind.
I walked across my bedroom to my desk, and grabbed a pencil and some paper. I LOVE drawing and sometimes I get this weird feeling and I just HAVE to draw. It's like it's not even me, I just kinda go into la la land and my hand develops a mind of it's own. It's when I make my best creations, and now was one of those times.
I sat down and let my hand begin to glide over the paper. I wouldn't know exactly what I was making until I was done. I sighed deeply and tried to think happy thoughts. Any non-Matt related thoughts really. It was hard, I had to think back to before I met him. It seemed like a long, long time ago.
A signal went off in my brain and I realized that my drawing was done. I rubbed my eyes with my hand then looked at my newest creation. It appeared to be a man-crouching, looking ready to jump in any direction-at first glance. Then as I looked closer I saw more of the details and I gasped as I realized what I had drawn.
The creature on the paper was a conclusion my mind had made unconciously, and was now telling me in my dreams and my art. His eyes were wrong somehow, and he was snarling which showed off his sharp canine teeth. The man on the page was not a man at all, he was not even mortal. He was a vampire, and the guys at the gas station, yeah appearantly they were too.

I tried to act normal at school but it was hard. First of all everybody kept asking me about my attack. Second, the nightmare refused to leave my mind. Matt and I talked the least we ever had since we became friends. In fact we only, very briefly, said hi. He must've seen that I was in a weird mood and decided that leaving me alone would be best.
He was in a weird mood too. He was always so cool and confident, you know, that person everybody wants to be. But today he was different, unsure, even nervous. He tried to act normal, but when I looked in his eyes I could tell there was a lot going on in his mind.
I could see nervousness, maybe even fear, and farther down buried but still there, was something ferocious. It was something almost animal, like a dog ready to tear anything trying to harm his owner apart. All of his unusual emotions scared me, and added to my suspicions that he was involved with the guys at the gas station.
Speaking of those dudes, I was trying to deny the fact that they seemed to be vampires but the more I thought about it, the more likely it seemed. I tried every little thing I could to tell myself that I was crazy, to fight this rebel thought in my head.
Matt didn't help at all. I would be walking with my friends and I'd get this weird feeling and sure enough, he would be right behind me. He acted like my own personal security guard, watching me intently like some dude would jump at me from behind every garbage can. I have two classes that he isn't in and he was obviously very reluctant to not have his eyes on me. He was making me go from crazy to paraniod.

As the clock kept ticking the time got closer to the end of school. Guess what?! I got to walk home alone right after I got attacked by a freaky dude who was probably a vampire!

Eternity Waits
Chapter 5, Part 2

I played with my backpack, stalling, trying to go as slowly as possible. My mom had wanted to give me a ride, but she couldn't get out of work and I told her it was fine. Now I had to walk home, past the place I was attacked, alone. To make things better the police had informed me that they had not caught the people responsible and they had recieved no more information about them except for the little the employee of the gas station had said.
I sighed, no use in waiting any longer. I picked up my backpack and started walking. My mind was so full I felt like it could explode at any moment. I had a killer headache and I weird cold feeling in my gut. I glanced behind me like the paraniod freak I was. Nothing there.
Calm down, I told myself, take deep, relaxing breaths. Ugh, like that crap works, next thing I know I'm gonna be quoting Dr. Phil.
I kept on walking, but my headache was worse and I started to feel dizzy and lightheaded. An effect from that punch to the head? I tried to keep walking but it was too much, and the weird feeling in my stomach refused to go away. I decided to sit down, just for a moment and see if it helped.
I took off my backpack and plopped down. I looked back the way I had come. Did that shadow just move? I froze and stared intently at the shadows over there. Nothing, no movement, no sound, no nothing.
The pain in my head increased and I groaned out loud. What was wrong with me? It hurt to think it hurt to move. I held my head in my hands curled up on my side in a fetal position. Then suddenly the pain increased sharply, and I screamed. What was happening? Then the cold came, slowly and creeping like a toxic gas, hurting my throat and chest. It was the same feeling as yesterday when I was being chased.
Even with my eyes closed tightly I could see the shadow pass over me. He had come back, whoever or whatever he was, and this time he would finish what he had started. All I could do was hope it would end quickly. I screamed again when I heard two ferocious snarls one from a little ways off and one coming from the shadow.
He HAD come back, and this time he wasn't alone. I suddenly knew that they meant business, and I was going to die. I wanted to say something strong and tough, some great last words you know? But all that would come out of me was this pathetic little whimper.
The pain climbed higher, reaching for the point when I would go mad, I waited there, knowing I was going to die, wanting nothing but for the pain to end. Please, I begged silently, let my friends and family know what happened, let them find my body at least.
And then just when I thought I couldn't bear it any longer I heard another growl and snarl, and the pain stopped. I sat there sobbing, eyes still tightly closed, thanking God and everything that can be called good that the pain had ended. It was too quiet, I wondered if I was dead.
Warmth came over me again and I was sure that I had died.
Then I saw the shadow again and unless that was Jesus welcoming me, I knew that this wasn't Heaven. The shadow moved and touched my arm. I screamed again and jerked away.
Then I voice I had been sure I would never hear again said, "Laelen? Are you okay? Can you hear me? Laelen, open your eyes, it's just me, it's all over."
I opened my eyes sat up, and still bawling like a baby fell into Matt's arms. He hugged me tightly, like he had in so many of my dreams, while I sobbed and soaked his shoulder. "Shhh," he said softly, "They're gone, I'm here."
I stopped my sobbing, sat back, and wiped my eyes. "I'm sorry," I said softly.
"You're sorry?" he said. "Freaked, scared out of your mind I could understand, but sorry?"
"Matt," I said
"Yes,"
"I think you should tell me what just happened, right now."
"I know. I'll tell you part of it, but we have to get you home before your mom freaks."
"Ok, you promise?"
He gave me one of those amazing smiles. "I promise."
"Ok so...?"
He sighed deeply then said, "I was hoping you wouldn't get mixed up in this but now you are and there's no way out."
"Matt, I just want an answer, not a riddle."
He nodded, then said, "You want to know why this happened?"
I nodded.
"Ok, Laelen you're in trouble and it's my fault,"
I opened my mouth to interrupt but he held up his hand for silence.
"Laelen you're in trouble because...."
"Because what? What?!"
"Because I"m part vampire."

Hmmm, the guy I like is actually a bloodsucking freak. Well, that's not something you hear everyday.

Eternity Waits
Chapter 6

I just sat there like an idiot. Did he just say what I thought he said?
"Laelen?" He asked quietly, cautiously.
I stared at him some more wondering which one of us was more crazy. Maybe we would make a good couple in an asylum.
"Matt...did you just say...? I mean, with the teeth and, and the blood-drinking freakiness and everything?"
He nodded and said, "Yes, I did. Teeth....blood...everything."
I shook my head and said, "So how do I know that you're not lying or crazy?"
He sighed then said, "Do you want me to prove it?"
"Um...kinda yeah...."
"It's yes or no."
"Well yes then."
He looked around uneasily and said, "Ok, I want you to know that it's ok to be afraid, but I promise I will never hurt you."
"Ok," I answered uncertainly.
He backed away from me a bit, then lowered his head for a second. When he looked at me again his eyes were a weirdish discolored blue with gold flecks. He opened his mouth slowly to show me wickedly sharp canines. But even with the new, freaky additions this was Matt. Even his eyes were somehow like his normal ones and he looked at me with caution and concern. I could have been scared, but for some reason I wasn't.
"Ok," I said, "That's it?"
Matt closed his mouth and gave me a weird look. "Is that it? I just prove to you that vampires exist and that I'm one of them and all you can say is that's it?"
"Yep." I frowned at him and added, "Could you turn off the eye thing? It's kinda freaky."
He laughed and his eyes faded to normal. "Turn it off?"
I laughed too and said, "Shut up. That's not very nice."
He shook his head and kept laughing. "You make no sense at all. Most humans would be freaking out and wouldn't have the guts to say anything much less tell a vampire to shut up."
I narrowed my eyes playfully and said, "How do you know that I'm not a vampire too. Wadda ya say to that?"
He laughed again and said, "Because your pulse, smell, and lack of knowledge point otherwise. That's what I say."
"Ok, you got me there." I laughed again. It was like we were our usual selves in school. Gosh what kinda freak was I?
"So you're not scared?" he asked.
"No, not really."
He shook his head again, "You are so weird you nerd."
I ignored his comment and asked, "So why are you not like bursting into flame or anything?"
He laughed really hard this time and said, "Vamps don't burst into flame in the sun. And anyways I'm only half vamp."
"Half vamp?"
"Well, my dad's a vamp and my mom's a human."
"Wow...that's more than a little weird."
"Yeah, well it's kinda fun, except for the fact that I inherited the bloodlust."
"So you drink blood?"
"I have to. I can eat real food and it helps with energy and stuff, but I need blood to survive."
"Dude, that is slightly creepy. Sorry, but it is...I can't believe this is happening."
"I know. But aren't vampires supposed to be creepy?"
"Yeah I guess. But you seem more human than creature of the night."
He shrugged then said, "Well I suppose we should take you home."
I nodded reluctantly, "Ok."

So that's what happened. I had survived two vamp attacks and was now actually friends with a half vamp! But the future was about to take a turn for the worse....

Eternity Waits
Chapter 7

I reluctantly agreed to go home. My mom would freak if I wasn't home in a reasonable amount of time, but when you find out you're friends with a vampire things like that suddenly don't seem so important. Ha ha, weird right? It would take me too long to walk the rest of the way home so Matt and I walked back to his house and his dad (who looked no more like a vampire than Matt did) gave me a ride home.
Appearantly when I had been on the ground I had been writhing in pain (funny how I didn't notice) and my clothes were all dirty. I told my mom that I had tripped and fell. It happened all the time, really. I drifted into my room and was extremely happy that I didn't have any homework this weekend. That left me more time to think about things more important than math, like vampires.
I set my backpack down and took off my coat. Then I sat down on my bed, when I noticed that my bedroom window was open. Hmm...maybe my mom decided that my room needed to air out. I jumped up and closed it. I started to walk back to my bed when I turned around and locked it. I may be paranoid but hey, when you find out that creatures of the night exist, you can't be too careful.
I went back to my bed and plopped down, grateful for the warm blankets and comfy pillows. Umm....do comfy pillows crackle? I sat up and looked at my pillow. Sitting on my pillow was an envelope. I picked it up, interested. I never got mail. There was nothing on the outside except for my name in elegant writing. I quickly opened it, more curious than ever. I pulled the letter out of the envelope eagerly then started reading the writing that was all too clear.
We know who you are. We know where you live. We know about your friends and family. We know what you know. If you and your beloved friends and relatives wish to remain living then pay attention.
Stay away from the hybrid boy. He will bring you nothing but trouble.
You know about our existence and you will tell know one about it.
Do not defy us, we will get what we want.
Tell no one of our communications with you.
You will recieve further information in the near future.

Most sincerely,
Arnegus of the Dark Moon Knights

I didn't know what a lot of that meant but most of it was too clear. Like the part about knowing everything about my family and friends and threatening our lives. The hybrid boy must be Matt, how could I stay away from him? Arnegus of the Dark Moon Knights? What was all that about? I wanted to talk to Matt, he would know. I couldn't though, that would be breaking two of the rules.
I pushed the letter under my bed. That way I knew nodbody would find it. I sat up straight, closed my eyes, tried to take deep breaths, and thought about the situation. I found myself wanting to cry. How much of this could I take? I had been attacked twice, found out that they were vampire attacks, found out that the guy I like is half vamp, and now I get mysterious notes threatening me?!
I got my ipod and turned the sound up so loud that I couldn't hear myself think. That's how I solve a lot of my problems. To bad it only works while the music's on. Eventually I have to actually face my problems but I avoid it while I can.
As I went to bed that night I saw a shadow move outside my window. When I looked outside I couldn't see anything. I had a feeling that it was my new guardian angel, a vampire named Matt.

Even angels can't keep nightmares away.

Eternity Waits
Chapter 8

The night was long and restless. The wind rustling leaves turned into assasins in the night, glowing eyes hunting, sharp teeth gleaming. Nightmares haunted me all night long, waking me up several times. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that these were only dreams, but I was stuck in my nightmares unable to escape. Running...falling...screaming...bleeding...Morbid images flashed through my head.
I sighed in relief when my eyes opened and I saw morning light reaching into my room. I went out to the living room where my siblings were running around being weird. My mom said good morning and I mumbled a reply. Then I went into the kitchen to hunt for some breakfast. I sat down at my table and was very peacefully munching on my Cinnamon Toast Crunch and staring out the window, when a face popped up in front of it. I squealed, yeah, I know squealed, then dumped milk all over my lap. Matt started laughing quietly then ducked again as my mom walked into the room.
"What was that about?" My mom asked.
"Um...I dumped milk all over myself."
"So you squealed?"
"Um...yep."
My mom shook her head and walked back into the living room. I yelled after her, "I'm gonna get dressed and go for a walk, 'kay?"
"I don't know, what if something happens to you?"
"Mom, nothing will happen. It was Codi's idea, she wanted to go for a walk today."
"Okay, fine just please be careful."
"Whatever Mom."
I sighed in relief then ran to my room and got dressed really fast. Then I ran out of my house and looked around for Matt. I didn't see him until he started laughing and stepped out from behind a tree. "You squealed, and dumped milk on yourself."
"Really? I didn't notice."
He laughed again and said, "I know I'm a vampire, but you said I wasn't scary."
"You didn't scare me, you just startled me. I didn't exactly expect you to pop up like that when I was eating my cereal."
He shook his head at me and smiled. Gosh, did he even know how enchanting that was? I tried to think logically and asked, "So what do you want?"
"Actually it's what you want. I figured you'd want to know more about what's been happening."
"Oh, yeah."
"C'mon, let's go before your mom wonders why you're talking to a tree."
I looked back at my house, from the window it would look like I was talking to the tree. We started walking together in silence. Finally I asked, "Where are we going?"
"Somewhere where we won't be heard, or seen."
"Matt where?"
"The forest, I know a kind of secret place."
"Oh, okay."
Our town that we live in is not super huge, and is almost completely surrounded by the woods. I love walking through the woods, alone most of the time. Hearing only the sound of nature and my thoughts. It was peaceful and extremely beautiful, a great way to escape everyday life.
When we reached the edge of the woods he looked around carefully then walked into the trees. I followed him in and he said, "Do you want to get some exersize, or do you want this to be fast?"
"It depends on what you mean by that."
He sighed, "You just have to know everything don't you? Never mind, we're going the fast way, I want to see the look on your face."
"Um...okay, it's kinda scary the way you said that."
"Ha, now I'm scary. All I have to say is that we're going to go fast. I'll have to remember that."
"No, I'm not scared of that. I'm not scared at all. Not really anyways..."
I added the last part quietly, meant for only myself.
He laughed and said, "I can hear you, you know."
"What?!...Oh, yeah, I wasn't thinking...vamp."
"Yep, exellent hearing, sight, all of the senses. But more on that later." he turned his back to me. "Hop on."
"What?"
"Just pretend I'm gonna give you a piggy-back ride. Hop on."
"Oh, okay..."
I climbed onto his back feeling slightly awkward and at the same time extremely curious.
"Now hold on, tight."
"Okay."
I tightened my grip on him. I was about to ask him what he was gonna do when he took off running. Only it wasn't really like running, it was almost like we were flying, the trees flashing by us so quickly they were only blurs. I squeaked as he dodged around a couple of trees and then hid my face in his back and held on for dear life.
We were speeding through the forest who knows how fast. I peeked out from behind him and stared at the passing trees. This was amazing, it was a dream. This was real running! As we ran through the forest I felt an amazing sense of peace and happiness. This was who I was, where I was. This was my life and it was as perfect as it had ever been. With Matt, having an excuse to hold him tightly I felt better than I had ever been. I forgot about nightmares, forgot about the Dark Moon Knights, forgot all of my worries. Right now was all that mattered, a memory that I would have forever.

What if forever came sooner than I was expecting?

Eternity Waits
Chapter 9

As we ran through the trees I stared at Matt even more than the passing scenery. The dappled sunlight could not compare to the light in his eyes. In the deep pools of blue a fierce joy shone, a freedom I had never felt. And to my suprise, I found myself envying him. I envyed the freedom, the speed, the...the vampireness. I told myself that I was being ridiculous, that being a vampire would not be that great, and that I was lucky just to be in on this secret. C'mon, the only difference between vamps and humans was that they drink blood.....and they're amazingly strong, with amazing senses, are graceful, talented...stop. I forced myself to stop thinking about it.
I would never be a vampire and I tried to convince myself that I liked it that way too.
Matt slowed down and I knew that our run through the forest was at its end. He stopped and I hopped off his back and looked around. The forest was beautiful, as always, but unfamiliar. I didn't recognize this part of the forest and knew that we must be a long ways from home. I turned back to Matt and saw him walking towards a huge tree. Its trunk must have been five feet in diameter, and it was extremely tall. There was an opening in the trunk, like a little door so I guessed that it was hollowed out. Matt put his hand on the trunk then smiled at me. "I love this tree, I've played here since I was little."
I smiled as I thought of a tiny Matt, a little boy with cute curly hair and beautiful blue eyes, playing around the tree. The little Matt went and put his hand on the tree then turned and smiled at me. I brought myself back to reality and there was Matt, hand resting on the tree, same eyes as the little boy.
"Do you come here a lot?" I asked.
"All the time. It's where I come to think. It's kinda like my own little place."
"Oh, I feel like I'm intruding." I said, wondering why he brought me here.
"You're not. I wanted to show you, we're a lot alike. I thought that you'd like it. And no one ever comes here, so we can talk."
"I do like it, a lot. It's got a kind of...magic, to it." I said, running my fingers over the smooth bark.
"Yeah, I've always felt that way too."
We sat there a moment in silence. I realized that we were staring at each other and immediately turned red. He seemed to realize that we were staring too and looked away, he looked almost embarassed.
"Ok," he said finally, breaking the silence. "What do you want to know?"
"Umm...." I took a moment to clear my head. "I want to know what's true and what's not, about vampires."
He smiled and said, "Ok, fire away."
"Ok, well I know that you don't shrivel up in the sunlight....Garlic?"
"Love it."
"Crucifixes?"
"I'm a christian."
"Holy water?"
He frowned and raised one eyebrow. "Come on, holy water? I'd drink it if it wouldn't offend anybody."
"Um..." I searched my brain for vampire myths. "Wooden stakes?"
"They don't do anything unless we are stabbed directly in the heart, and then they only paralyze us until they are pulled out."
"Ok, silver? I've heard that it's poisen to vamps."
"It is if it breaks through the skin, which on normal vamps is hard to do, but it would be easier for someone to do to me, being only half vamp."
"Alrighty. Fire?"
"Yeah, fire is a problem. It doesn't burn us like it does humans. If it touches our skin then it turns what it touches to ash."
"Hmm...you don't have to ask permission to enter a building do you?"
He laughed, "No, that myth was created because there was a vampire who would only enter his victims houses if they gave him permission. It made hunting more of a challenge I guess."
He said hunting so nonchalantly, I shivered. He immediatly looked concerned. "Did that sound...well you know...?"
"It's fine I just...yeah it was a bit creepy." I looked down at my feet.
"You know that I don't kill people right?"
"You don't?"
"Nope, not one."
"How do you get blood then?"
"Well if I'm desperate then I hunt animals. They help for a while and control me enough that I don't start attacking people. When you are a, well I guess you could call us "good vampires" you get connections in a blood bank or morgue and stuff."
"Oh." I felt extremely relieved. That had been the one thing that had bugged me about Matt being a vamp. I couldn't imagine him going around killing people.
"I feel a lot better now." I sighed.
"I'm glad. You should have said it was bugging you."
"Sorry, I don't exactly have experiance in talking to vampires."
"You talked to me all the time before. I'm still me."
"Yeah, I know."
"Ok, just don't forget it."
I nodded then froze when I heard crackles and other noises that said several large animals were moving around nearby. I heard a low growl, followed by a second. I looked around wildly trying to decide which way was safe to run if something tried to eat me. Another crackle made me turn around. I stared intently at the bush it came from when a pair of bright ice blue eyes appeared and started staring at me. I heard a growl come from their direction.

Great, I was happy and everything was peaceful and now I was about to be eaten by something, that's just lovely.

Eternity Waits
Chapter 10

As I was about to really freak out I realized that I had a vampire with me. I looked quickly at Matt and found him just standing there raising his eyebrow at me. "Ummm...Matt....was exactly is in that bush looking at me like I'm lunch?"
Then he cracked up and nearly fell on the ground he was laughing so hard. He tried to stop but just cracked up again when the bush moved and I took a step backwards.
"It's....okay...I promise...he's just....trying...to be...a tough guy..." he managed to say in between laughs.
"Who?"
Matt managed to stop laughing and straightened up. He looked at the bush with the eyes and flicked his head a little as if to say, "Get over here."
The bush moved again and out of it stepped an absolutely gigantic wolf. He had beautiful black fur with silver tips and rare ice blue eyes. He was big, lean, and still looked like he wanted to eat me.
"Whoa." I choked out.
Matt smiled at me then looked back to the wolf. He stared at it intensly flicking his head at me from time to time. Finally the wolf seemed to nod, yeah, nod like a human and sat down. Then he made a short barking noise and five other wolves walked in silently as shadows. They all glided in one passing by me close enough that I could feel his fur brush against me, and sat by the first wolf. Matt looked at me and said, "This is Shadowsong," he pointed to the first wolf, "He's the alpha of his pack. That's his beta Oakheart." he pointed to an equally large deep brown wolf with dark amber eyes and a nasty looking scar on his muzzle.
"The rest of the pack, Flyingeagle, Swallowtail, Speakingbrook, and his alpha female Morningfrost." He pointed to a brownish-black wolf, deep gray wolf, silver wolf, and a pure white wolf.
"Okay....um...nice to meet you?"
Matt laughed again.
"So why are they not eating us? Not like I'm not grateful that they're not, but..."
"This pack has been friends with my family for a long time."
"Uh huh. Friends of the family. So wadda ya do, feed them doggy biscuits and tell them not to bite?"
The big brown one, Oakheart? growled and seemed to glare at me. Matt put up a hand and stared at him, he looked apologetic. He looked back at me. "They can understand what you're saying really well for a human, that's pretty weird. So you should try to not offend them."
"Oh, okay then."
Shadowsong looked at me then Matt. Matt started staring at him again. "What?!" he said.
"What? I didn't say anything!"
"I know, but he did."
"Um Matt what's going on?"
He looked back at me. "Vampires and wolves are good friends. We have always had good relationships between our species. For some reason we can communicate using telepathy. They can also understand what we say out loud although it's harder. Wolves have an even harder time understanding what humans say, they almost never understand them. That's why it was so weird when they understood what you said so clearly. Shadowsong says that you have a gift. He wants you to know that you are welcome on pack territory."
"Oh....well, thanks Shadow."
Shadowsong looked at me with what looked like reproach. "What did I do this time?" I asked.
"Wolves work hard to earn their names. They don't like being called anything different. It's kinda considered insulting."
"Oh, wow I feel stupid. I'm sorry Shadowsong, I didn't mean to insult you."
Shadowsong seemed to relax and looked straight into my eyes. All the sudden this strong feeling of acceptance and I heard the words "Not stupid. Just didn't know." They were a bit fuzzy like a radio that isn't getting a good signal but they were definately there. Then a feeling a bit like an electric shock hit me.
"Whoa!" I stumbled back a few steps and fell on my butt. I just stayed there, dumbfounded.
Matt walked over to me quickly. "What was that about?!"
"He talked to me!"
"What?"
"Shadowsong talked to me!"
"What?! Really?!"
"You think I would lie?!"
"Matt looked over at Shadowsong, then back at me. "Wow, that is so weird!"
"Tell me about it!"
"Wow, I've never heard of humans being able to talk to wolves before."
"Me neither, I've never exactly heard of vampires being able to either though. I'm just learning all sorts of stuff today."
"Yeah, me too." Matt said then he held his hand out to me.
I took it and he pulled me up. His hand was warm and strong and I didn't want to let go. We stood there for a few good seconds that seemed like eternity with my hand in his. He didn't let go and he stared at me with something almost like curiousity. I was enjoying the moment even with it's awkwardness when all the sudden I felt a sort of amusement and heard "Pup love. You didn't tell us she's your mate."
Matt immediatly dropped my hand just as I yelled, "What?!"
He started yelling "We're not...I mean I'm not....she's just...ugh!"
Then he ran in a blur and tackled Shadowsong. I was worried for a second then as I saw them rolling around on the ground I realized that it was a play fight. They finally stopped and sat back. I heard a kind of laughter come from Shadowsong and from the look on Matt's face I knew he was chewing him out in both their heads. Matt huffed one last time and stood up. He looked at me apologetically and said, "Sorry they have to act like pups...can't help themselves sometimes."
I looked over at Shadowsong and heard his and Oakheart's laughter. Matt glared at them again and said, "Well, I guess we should be going, your mom's gonna want you back soon."
I nodded, "Yeah, we probably should be heading back."
"You okay with another piggy-back ride?"
"I think I'll manage."
He laughed "Alright."
Matt looked at the wolves and nodded, probably saying something I couldn't hear. Shadowsong nodded back then looked at me. "Be careful Wolffriend, there are dangers closer to you than you think. Call when you need us, we will help."
"Thank you," I said in my head, willing it to go to him. I felt his mind and pushed the thought to it. Ha, I discovered how to use telepathy!
Shadowsong nodded and Oakheart spoke. "You have a good heart and strong mind Friend, these will help you." he glanced at Matt, "I'm glad he brought you here, I think he is too." I felt his laughter and knew that Matt had heard the last part.
"Bye," I told the wolves outloud. Shadowsong jumped up and started a long, beautiful howl and the others all joined in. I climbed onto Matt's back and as he raced out of the clearing back into the trees their song followed us. I felt the presence of Shadowsong's mind and heard, "Be strong Wolffriend, dark times lie ahead."
As his last words echoed in my mind I remembered the Dark Moon Knights and their rules. Stay away from the hybrid boy. All the sudden I felt sick. How could I stay away from the best thing that ever happened to me?

I can talk to wolves and I'm pretty sure a hot vampire likes me....and I just might end up dead because of it.

Eternity Waits
Chapter 11

The ride back to the edge of the forest seemed shorter than the ride in. I wish it lasted longer. I loved the wind in my hair as I held Matt tightly as he ran faster than I had ever thought possible. He stopped a little ways from the edge of the trees and I hopped off his back. Being the idiot that I am I tripped and he grabbed my hand again, keeping me from falling. I smiled sheepishly and he smiled back, and didn't let go. We stood there staring at each other for a while and I knew that I could have just stood there forever, my hand in his, gazing into his eyes.
As he looked into my eyes he let an emotion he had been hiding show and I knew in that moment that he loved me back. We started walking out of the trees, still holding hands. Ha, if only my friends could see me now! I had never had any luck with guys and my friends always did, I couldn't wait to call Codi and Lynzi and just about anybody who would listen. As we walked down a quiet road with no traffic we heard a bunch of shouts and I felt myself blush. "Hey Matt! You got yourself a girlfriend! Oh man! Is that Laelen? Holy crap wait till all the guys hear 'bout this! OOOOOOOO!"
We heard the guy who yelled's laughter and a bunch of others and I recognized a bunch of guys from school. Matt just looked at me, smiled, and nodded. There was another chorus of "OOOOOOOOO!" and Matt laughed apologetically. I moved closer to him ever so slightly and he chuckled quietly and whispered, "You can face vampire attacks, wolves that use telepathy, and even fall in love with a half-vamp, but you can't face some idiots from school teasing us?"
I liked the way he said fall in love, it made my heart flutter and he laughed again. "Wow, what was that about? Was that me?"
He raised our joined hands up and gave mine a soft kiss. My heart fluttered even more. "It is me. Ha, that's funny. Are you sure you're not afraid?" he said over another chorus of "OOOOOOOOHOHOOO!"
"Not one bit," I replied quietly, it was the truth I felt safest around him.
He smiled another dazzling smile and we kept on walking, ignoring all of the shouts behind us. Matt was right, those idiots didn't matter. There was only a soft breeze, but it was cold out and the breeze didn't help. I shivered and Matt stopped walking. "Are you cold?"
"Yeah, I guess."
"You didn't bring a jacket?"
"It didn't look that cold outside."
He shook his head and reluctantly let go of my hand. He took off his jacket and handed it to me.
"Won't you get cold?" I asked
"Nope. I may not have the ice cold skin of a full vampire, but temperature doesn't affect me," he answered.
"Oh, that must be useful."
"Yeah, I only wear coats to blend in. If I was sitting there in the middle of winter in a tee-shirt and wasn't cold it would look a bit weird."
"Yeah, it would."
I pulled the sleeves up a bit so they weren't too long and he took my hand again.
"You know, I've wanted to be able to do this for a long time," Matt said
I looked at our hands and replied, "Me too."
Then Matt asked, "So, what are your parents' rules about boys?"
Ugh...I hate my parents. "Well, let's just put it this way...technically I'm not allowed to date and if they saw us right now I would be dead."
"Hmmm. I thought so," he said, "They seem like the over protective type."
"What are your parents dating rules?" I asked
He shrugged uncomfortably and grimaced. "Umm....about that...I kinda need to tell you something."
"Ok, you've thrown vampires and talking wolves at me, I don't think it's anything I can't handle."
He smiled nervously, "Well, maybe..."
"C'mon Matt, just spit it out," I urged.
"Ok, I'm not exactly...um...I mean...ugh, yes I'm allowed to date. That's because I'm not 13."
I grew instantly suspicious. "Matt, how old are you?"
"I'm not too much older really, I just don't age that fast because of, you know, the vamp blood. I'm 17."
"HOLY CRAP!"
Matt looked at me, startled. I hadn't reacted like this when he told me anything else.
"What?" he asked anxiously, "Is that bad?"
"NO! I'm pretty much going out with a guy who's 17 and you didn't tell me? Holy crap! And I thought my friends had all the luck!"
He looked relieved instantly and laughed. "So I take it you're okay with that?"
"Matt, you could be hundreds of years old and I would still love you."
He smiled and said, "I'm glad. I'll have to take you to meet my family soon. I would want to meet yours, but seeing as you're not allowed to date..."
"Yeah, we probably shouldn't let my parents know."
"Well, I was going to discuss with you whether or not we were going to let everybody know, but it seems like we don't have a choice now."
"Yeah, by the time we get to school on Monday everyone will know about us."
"Probably. So, am I gonna see you tomorrow? Or are you still mad about me interupting your breakfast?" he asked jokingly.
"Well...even though you made me spill Cinnamin Toast Crunch all over myself...I suppose I can forgive you, you're a keeper."
"Ha, thanks," he laughed.
"You're welcome," I replied. "Hey Matt, I have a question for you."
"Yeah?"
"Were you outside my window when I was going to bed?"
He smiled sheepishly and shrugged his shoulders. "I was worried about you." then he frowned, "You had a lot of nightmares. I was almost tempted to wake you, but...Do you want me to stay away? I mean, I could do others things at night if watching you sleep seems too creepy..."
"Matt, it's fine. And don't you sleep?"
"No, never."
"Really?"
"Yep."
"Huh, well come any time you want...I feel better with you around."
He smiled and said, "Thanks. We're getting near your house and that one neighbor of yours is pretty snoopy, I'll meet you in your room...if that's okay?"
"Yeah, you just have to hide if anyone decides to come see what I'm doing."
He smiled, let go of my hand, and ran fast enough that anyone watching would have just seen him disapear. I sighed as I watched him go and thought about all that had just happened. Matt loved me, I could talk to wolves, Matt loved me....

I actually had a boyfriend for once....and he was a hot, 17 year old vampire who was perfect in every way...life was bliss...until I thought about enemy vamps....

Eternity Waits
Chapter 12

I felt like I could have taken flight. I felt warm and happy and light. I drifted into my house, my mind a fuzzy haze of contentment. My mom was sitting in the living room folding laundry and watching TV. "Hi honey," she said when I came in.
"Hi," I said automatically, my mind elsewhere, like in my room.
"How was your walk?"
"It was great," I said with maybe a little too much enthusiasm.
"Oh, well that's good." she kept folding then examined me.
"Whose jacket are you wearing?" she asked suddenly.
Oh shoot! I still had Matt's jacket on! Crap!
"Um...well I forgot my jacket for my walk and Codi let me borrow this one."
"It looks like a boys jacket," My mom said suspiciously.
"Well...it is. Codi has this grandma that she loves, but who is kinda...well you know, she's getting old and she just saw this at a yard sale..."
I paused, hoping that my mom would buy it.
"Oh, I see. Laelen, we need to talk."
"Um, Mom, can it wait? I have to go do something..." I eyed my bedroom door longingly.
"You can wait for a minute," she said, "Sit down."
I reluctantly took a seat on the couch. "Laelen, I've been thinking lately, and I know you're in junior high now."
"Yeah Mom," I said. Get it over with I thought.
"And I know that kids at your school are starting relationships and stuff."
"Uh, yeah," I said, hoping that I didn't sound guilty.
"Well, you're growing up and you should have more freedom. You're turning into an independant young woman. I was thinking and I think it would be all right if you were interested in someone and wanted to date..."
"You're giving me permission to date?" I asked.
"Yes," she replied, "With limitations of course, you know..."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it." I said quickly, not wanting her to start a sex talk with Matt listening.
"Thanks Mom," I said.
She nodded and went back to folding laundry. I got up, careful not to knock over any of her stacks of folded clothes and went to my room.
Matt was sitting on my bed smiling, not quite laughing, but close. "Independant young woman." he said laughing.
"Ugh, I'm just lucky she didn't start giving me a sex talk or the "Butterfly coming out of it's crysalis" lecture."
He stared laughing quietly, grinning at me. I walked over and sat down next to him on the bed. "Stop that," I said, punching him in the arm and frowning jokingly.
"Yes ma'am....independant young woman." he started laughing again and I just rolled my eyes.
He stopped laughing and looked at some of my artwork displayed on the walls. "You draw really well," he said
"Oh, I'm okay," I replied humbly.
"No, you're not just okay, those pictures are amazing."
I shrugged, "Thanks, I've done better."
"Like...?"
"Um, some pictures are for the artist only."
"Okay, I won't push it if you really don't want to show me, but I would like to see some."
I sighed, then stood up and walked to my desk. I grabbed one of my many drawing notebooks and sat down next to Matt again. I started flipping through the pages, showing him my drawings. He smiled the entire time, admiring them, occasionally commenting. "I can hardly draw stick figures," he said.
I laughed and flipped the page again. I froze when I saw the picture and tried to flip the page before Matt could see it. "Hey," he said, "I didn't get to see it."
"Yep, I know." I said
"Please?" He said and touched my hand lightly.
He must have saw my eyes soften a little, because he flipped the page back over. I sat there uneasily, waiting to see how he would react to the portrait of himself. After examining it for a little while he looked up at me. "You were afraid to show me this." It wasn't really a question but I nodded anyways.
He smiled, "I...I don't know what to say....In a good way." He said.
I smiled sheepishly, "I drew it a little while after you moved here. This is one of those pictures I've kept to myself...that I said was for the artist's eyes only."
"Thanks for letting me see," he said.
"You're welcome," I replied.
I looked at the picture. How many times had I stared at it and wished he were mine? And now he was, right here with me, completely mine. I looked into his eyes and the sight of his love made my heart feel like it was going to burst with joy. Then his head tilted ever so slightly and he started leaning towards me. I felt myself started to do the same and my eyes closed. He was going to kiss me! We got close enough that I could feel his breath on my cheek. I was completely ready for a vampire kiss when Matt let out a very sudden growl.
I froze and opened my eyes. Matt had gone into his vampire mode, eyes that weird blue, sharp teeth showing as he snarled. It kinda ruined the whole mood. He looked around my room wildly then back at my bewildered face. "They've been here," he snarled.

So, I'm officially allowed to date, I was about to kiss Matt....and then he caught the sent of whoever left the note and kinda went ballistic. Yep, that went well.

Chapter 13

Matt breathed in deeply, checking the air in my room again. He snarled, and for the first time I felt afraid of him. His teeth glistened wickedly, while a crazy light shone in his eyes. It was almost animal-like, wild, untamed, ferocious...dangerous. There was blood lust there, a deep instinct to kill, ancient power in an ignorant modern world. For the first time, he really seemed like a vampire, a monster.
I flinched away from him and that caught his attention. He seemed almost confused when he looked at me. He calmed down a lot once he seemed to realize what he had just done. He saw me shaking and he shook his head and buried his face in his hands. He peeked through his fingers at me and I saw that his eyes were back to normal. "I...I'm sorry," he said, voice a bit shaky. "I sorta lost control, I...I just couldn't believe they came here."
I took a deep breath and said, "It's fine, you just kinda startled me."
He took his head out of his hands and looked at me, "Startled? I freak you out, I...I..." he laughed, almost hysterically.
"Matt, calm down. I'm fine," I paused then said, "Matt, who was here?"
He looked down for a moment and sighed. "The Dark Moon Knights, vampires," he said finally.
I nodded and asked, "Who are they?"
"The Dark Moon Knights are a clan of vampires. They believe that vampires are the supreme beings in this world and that humans are fair game, animals. Good for nothing but a food source. They are murderous and corrupted. Their leader is ancient and cunning, he always knows what he wants, and how to get it. He is a power hungry fiend, his years have taught him much, but his appetite for power has never lessened."
"Those guys at the gas station..." I started.
"Were Knights, agents of Arnegus the leader."
I think I nearly threw up. How could this be happening? "What was wrong with them? They weren't like you, they were so..." I couldn't finish.
"Well f
~~rose~~

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(that was all that I could write on here, so here's the rest)
or one thing, they weren't trying to blend in, to act human. That's one of the biggest problems with the Knights, they act as if humans are lesser beings, and refuse to blend in with them."
"But their eyes, they were all a weird grey. Yours are blue when you, well you know. And I don't think they all just happened to have grey eyes."
Matt nodded, "The Dark Moon Knights don't just drink blood when they need it, they drink it greedily. They fill themselves with it just for an excuse to kill humans. For some reason this reckless drinking of blood causes theirs eyes to eventually become a weird, dull, grey. There is an ancient myth among vampires that their faded eye color is a punishment for their greed, a sign of disgrace." He paused then added angrily, "But they see it as cause for celebration! It is considered an honor among them when a vampires eyes turn grey, a sign that they are truly a great Knight."
He stopped, glaring into space. I was silent too, trying to process everything I had just been told.
"Matt, why do they want me?"
He looked back at me. "I don't know," he admitted. "It's hard to tell with the Knights. It could be a game to them since I'm involved or Arnegus could honestly want you for some reason I haven't thought of."
"What did that one guy do to me? I felt so cold and my head..."
"Some vampires have...abilities. For that matter some humans do, but not as strong or often. When vamp blood mutates human blood it can sometimes cause a reaction that either causes something in the human to be strenghthened, or unhidden as the case sometimes is. Or sometimes the vampire blood's reaction makes it's own ability. Damien Angelo was the vampire who tracked you. His abilities are strong, one is a cold that comes over the target and can stop them from moving. The other is an intense pain that overcomes the mind, and although I believe that's all it is able to do some say he can cause the entire body pain."
"Damien ANGELo? That seems a little ironic."
"Yeah, he is Arnegus's favorite weapon. You've felt the affects of his abilities. They're horrible, and he uses them cruelly. He is also incredibly skilled at tracking."
I sat there in silence. I was wanted by this horrible clan of vampires? Why? Matt's words echoed in my mind, "It's hard to tell with the Knights. It could be a game to them since I'm involved or Arnegus could honestly want you for some reason I haven't thought of."
Matt looked into my eyes, worried. "I have to get out of here," he said, "Your mom is coming. Don't worry, I'll be close. They won't get near you. If I can't be watching I'll have a friend keep guard. You'll be safe, I promise."
I nodded, I trusted him more than anyone else in the world. I was scared, but only for him. What would the world be without Matt Shock? He watched me for one more moment then he climed out my window. A second later my mom walked in my bedroom door babbling about how laundry needed to be done, and handed me a basket. I didn't really listen to what she said. At that moment I didn't care, laundry was not on my list of priorites right now.

I could imagine life moving on, the world just fine without me in it. But when I tried to imagine a world without Matt, it was a disaster. What would the world be like without Matt Shock?

Chapter 14

I walked downstairs slowly, with a basket in my hand. I had never been afraid of basements before, but with recent events the dark, shadowy, underground area seemed like a perfect place for an attack. I shivered and told myself to stop thinking that way. I was safe, if any Knights were in my house Matt would know, and would come speeding to my rescue, parents or not.
I waved my hand around in the darkness above me, trying to find the string that would turn on the light. After a few long seconds I found it and turned it on. The single lightbulb which had always been enough before, but it didn't seem adequate now. Every shadow seemed pronounced, a perfect place for a creature of the night to hide.
Stop it, stop it, stop it! I scolded myself. Don't think that way! Ugh, I am soooo stupid! That's right, insult yourself...just don't think about...doh! This was impossible! Why me? I loved being in on the secret, but the Knights...It doesn't seem as good when you're in danger because of the secret.
I sighed, and emptied the dryer. The grass always seems greener on the other side. When I didn't know, I knew he had a secret. Now I know, and I'm not sure if I want to. But I knew I wanted to know. I knew something else I wanted, and the thought of me even considering it scared me.
No, it won't happen, and I don't want it to, I told myself. But I still knew I wanted it to happen. No matter how much i denied it I would still want it for some crazy reason. I closed my eyes savored the memory of the trees passing so fast, the wind in my hair, Matt's gentle, yet amazing strength...
I sighed again, I was being stupid. I emptied the washer of clothes, put them in the dryer, and turned it on. I started the washer and put a load of darks in. I kept thinking about my journey in the forest the whole time. "Laelen!"
I jumped and squeaked when the sudden yell sounded. "Yeah, Mom?" I yelled back to her.
"Can you bring up some olives when you come back?"
"Yeah, will do Mom," I answered.
I grabbed the basket of clean clothes and a can of olives then ran back upstairs. I dropped the basket at the top of the stairs and left the olives on the counter. I retreated out the back door quickly before my mom could start talking to me. "I'm goin outside!"
I slammed the door behind me quickly. I looked around my back yard, but I didn't see anything unusual. I sighed and started walking towards my favorite tree. It was a big tree with low branches, making it easy to climb. I pulled myself up into it and climbed higher. I reached my favorite branch and stopped climbing. I sat down and just relaxed, letting one leg dangle off the branch. I closed my eyes and gave in to my fantasies again. The weak winter sun, the trees flying by, curly brown hair, bright blue eyes, running through the forest...hmmm...
I felt absolutely content. Well, almost...there was just that one thing. My rebel desire. My forbidden want. I sighed again, and took a deep breath of fresh air. A soft breeze rustled the few, brown leaves on the trees. I imagined the feeling of it intensified, and being able to smell things that humans couldn't. I loved Matt, and I was sure I wouldn't be able to live without him. But what would happen when he had to live without me? Would he be able to continue living? My previous question continued to haunt me. What would the world be like without Matt Shock? I shook my head, I shouldn't be thinking about this. But I couldn't stop thinking about it. Would he be able to live without me?

I knew a lot of things about myself, but now a forbidden desire surfaced, and I knew something else. I wanted to be a vampire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Story Time All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: