Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

How rare/overpopulated is your animal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SisKate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: How rare/overpopulated is your animal? Reply with quote

Hello, all,
I was browsing the Club Announcment forum today and found this! A.L. Aljan made a really ncie post for the rarities of AE, Endangered and Threatened animals. I thought it might be nice to put out once again!

Also, not sure if this should go here, so if an ADMIN wants to help me move it elsewhere, great :] Otherwise, I think this is appropriate.

A. L. Aljan wrote:
I'd like to see what you all think about the following rating system:
* AE animals with over 40 active (not near or at retirement)/whole individuals are mildly overpopulated, 41-60 or more active/whole are moderately overpopulated, and those numbering 61 or more are highly overpopulated.

* Endangered animals with over 70 active/whole individuals are mildly overpopulated, 71-90 or more active/whole are moderately overpopulated, and those numbering 91 or more are highly overpopulated.

* Threatened animals with over 80 active/whole individuals are mildly overpopulated, 81-100 or more active/whole are moderately overpopulated, and those numbering 101 or more are highly overpopulated.

I know that lately animal breeding practices have been a bit scary, and so I thought that throwing this out there might make a difference, and possibly give people a chance of doing a "double take" when breeding their animals.
Thanks, Amanda and the EBA for all of your great work on here!
Wink
SisKate
SisKate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. I think this is important... especially since there is an obviously increased rate of overbreeding of threatened, endangered and almost extinct animals these days :_(

SisKate
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no room to talk here since I am a quite heavy breeder but my animals the highest I breed is rare or exotic
Chloe Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too. But I only breed on special occasions if my pets have rare details or something. Totally srry about it but I also totally agree with you Siskate!
wolfgirl159357

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same
SisKate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good : ) I think Amanda made a really good point. What she says seems to make a lot of sense to me!

SisKate
.Savy.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very logical, I love it Smile
But on the same note, I don't believe we should be 'scared' of breeding either, :p
- Sav
SisKate

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Breeding is a part of this game and you are not considered an overbreeder if you breed your animals often! I think that a lot of people on here are confused of what overbreeding really is. My own definition of overbreeding is when a player breeds one variation over and over constantly and does not stop, or at least release the animals that they don't need.

UGH I hate talking about this issue though, it really stresses me out and I wish I could zap it away :S

SisKate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contributions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: